SLI benefit?

DCS is not the game to be using to compare if SLI works good....Yes I do get benefits from sli in DCS (q6600 w/ 260's). But in other big name games...its most deffinetly worth it. If you play Skyrim or BF3 then you will see the power of sli....but since DCS is not as big as BF3, Nvidia has yet to really put time into a good profile.

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

My experience with SLI is that the frame rate stays the same but the workload is just split between the cars

Before anyone says it yes framesync is off

Whats your FPS?

And what is your MAX FPS setting in the graphic.cfg file?

My experience is that SLI works very well. But people have been tweaking and changing settings all over the place. Enabling vsync in game and in the nvidia panel at the same time for example, running MSAA in game while also having it enabled through the nvidia panel, or being held back by the cpu without knowing it.

Edited by TZeer

Hi,

How did you do that??

If I set Crossfire ON and using default parameters --> 20 FPS drops (from 45 to 22) and stuttering.

If I set Crossfire On and AFR in whatever (or both) CCC and Radeonpro ... I get the flickering clouds.

With supertile i get al textures in red/yellow/black colors...

So... how did you do taht ? .. can you explain the procedure to get these results?

Thx in advance.

Hi, I originally selected AFR Friendly in the CCC, then put the slider on the RadeonPro menu to AFR. And it eliminated the flickering clouds. That's all I can suggest im afraid I know it worked for me, I hope you manage to find a cure...

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hi,

How did you do that??

If I set Crossfire ON and using default parameters --> 20 FPS drops (from 45 to 22) and stuttering.

If I set Crossfire On and AFR in whatever (or both) CCC and Radeonpro ... I get the flickering clouds.

With supertile i get al textures in red/yellow/black colors...

So... how did you do taht ? .. can you explain the procedure to get these results?

Thx in advance.

Nothing special. I just cleared any profile I had for DCS in CCC. Then installed RadeonPro and played around with the settings.

First I turned everything to default in CCC, DCS and RP.

Eventually I found that just having the CF setting to supertile or scissor in RP made everything smooth.

AFR turns DCS into a slide show for me, in fact all my games turn into a slide show with AFR. Yet others have no issue.

The more I'm using RadeonPro the more I see what AMD have hidden from the end user in CCC, and I don't understand why they do it.

Yes they'd probably turn around and say we fear the end user will destroy the card, well I'd say it's user beware.

If AMD released CCC with the same functionality as RadeonPro, I think they're sell a lot more cards because this is the first time I've been able to get full utilisation out of my 7970's since buying them almost a year ago.

Edited by CoderX71

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...

Alright, not to revive a dead thread, but I've finally gotten SLI sort of working with some games, but I'm still getting flickering clouds in DCS.

I've got 2xGTX 570 2560MB. AFR2 is the only rendering mode that increases my FPS above using a single GPU. Does anyone know of any other flags in nvidia inspector that eliminate the cloud flicker? Barring that, does anyone know of any mods to disable clouds completely?

Yes in nvidia inspector try the very last sli profile you can select. Also make sure you are playing in full screen. Also forget about the stock profile they have in their for digital combat simulator black shark, make your own profile and point it to the dcs exe and setup your sli profile. Should have no problems.

I play in 3d so I have to make my own profile so 3d works in full screen.

• Like 1

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Yes in nvidia inspector try the very last sli profile you can select. Also make sure you are playing in full screen. Also forget about the stock profile they have in their for digital combat simulator black shark, make your own profile and point it to the dcs exe and setup your sli profile. Should have no problems.

I play in 3d so I have to make my own profile so 3d works in full screen.

No such luck. Thanks for the tip, though =)

I use the default profile (with some adjustments) within NVIDIA inspector. While I don't get flickering clouds, I get corrupted objects in the mirrors (you can sometimes see the terrain mesh).

If I change the 'comparability bits' to anything else the flickering mirrors will be fixed, however the clouds will start to flicker as you mentioned.

Just for reference I am running 344.11, because anything newer will give me flickering Windows-Aero surfaces, which is apparently a rare problem, for which I couldn't find any fixes.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Ok well try the stock sli profile but have your mfd screen res at 512 or 1024 without every frame

Thanks for that hint. While it was not directly aimed at me, I gave adjusting the screen res a try and changed it from 1024 to than 1024 every frame. That fixed the problem I had with the mirrors flickering and showing triangle mesh.

Can't give you any rep currently. Thanks anyway! :thumbup:

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled