Can't even start the Simulator...

Pappalitto

Over the past three days I've been trying to make my new purchase of DCS: A-10c WORK. The only thing it does it when I click on laucher.exe it brings up a blank CMD and then closes it one second later. When I open DCS.exe I wait about five seconds and then the icon shows up in my toolbar and then one second later it closes.

Things I've tried so far to fix this:

*Installing latest DirectX - I already had it, no effect

*Installing latest Visual C++ - I already had it, no effect

*Reinstalling the game - no effect

*Starting directly from bin/x86/launcher.exe - black CMD screen pops up, then nothing happens

*Installed the latest drivers for my graphics card - I already had them, no effect

I am honestly running out of ideas at this point, if anyone could be so kind as to make this sim work, I'd be so ever grateful.

Over the past three days I've been trying to make my new purchase of DCS: A-10c WORK. The only thing it does it when I click on laucher.exe it brings up a blank CMD and then closes it one second later. When I open DCS.exe I wait about five seconds and then the icon shows up in my toolbar and then one second later it closes.

Things I've tried so far to fix this:

*Installing latest DirectX - I already had it, no effect

*Installing latest Visual C++ - I already had it, no effect

*Reinstalling the game - no effect

*Starting directly from bin/x86/launcher.exe - black CMD screen pops up, then nothing happens

*Installed the latest drivers for my graphics card - I already had them, no effect

I am honestly running out of ideas at this point, if anyone could be so kind as to make this sim work, I'd be so ever grateful.

not sure if this will help you much, but in the past I've had games not launch if I've had joysticks plugged in, or even if my usb headphones weren't plugged in (because the game could not launch without a soundcard).

It could also be your firewall / internet settings - on the first launch, DCS does quite a bit of updating and downloading (or does it get past this stage for you?)

Also this is probably a silly question, but you have installed DCS world first, and then installed the A-10c module on top?

Another silly question - do you meet the minimum hardware/software requirements for the game?

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

hmmm, do you have x64 or x32?

if x64, you MUST install to the Program Files (NOT THE Program Files (x86)!!!!!!!!!)

I forgot to mention, this is the steam version and running on 64 bit. And to schkorpio I have a AMD X6 1055t with a 6970 and 8 gigs of ram so I should be fine ;) Also, because it's the steam version how would I successfully install the game to the non x86 program files and still make it compatible with steam?

I forgot to mention, this is the steam version and running on 64 bit. And to schkorpio I have a AMD X6 1055t with a 6970 and 8 gigs of ram so I should be fine ;) Also, because it's the steam version how would I successfully install the game to the non x86 program files and still make it compatible with steam?

Hmm the steam version should work for you, but it is out of date now (im not sure what the story but its no longer being updated).

Your best bet will be to download and install DCS: World

from

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world_english/

and then download and install the DCS:A10c module from

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/?PAGEN_1=2

this will then automatically update to the latest version 1.2.3 which will hopefully work for you since a lot has been fixed since the old steam version

Not to mention multiplayer will be better since just about everyone has moved over to the DCS:World base + modules.

Also don't forget to run the sim as admin.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hmmm, do you have x64 or x32?

if x64, you MUST install to the Program Files (NOT THE Program Files (x86)!!!!!!!!!)

Just a minor correction, while yes you certainly should not install the 64 bit version to the Program Files (x86) folder, you do not have to install to the Program Files folder.

In fact, many like myself prefer to install outside of that folder, in my case I have DCS and all modules, installed on a separate partition/hard drive than my main C drive.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just a minor correction, while yes you certainly should not install the 64 bit version to the Program Files (x86) folder, you do not have to install to the Program Files folder.

In fact, many like myself prefer to install outside of that folder, in my case I have DCS and all modules, installed on a separate partition/hard drive than my main C drive.

Is there any proof that installing into Program Files (x86) restricts you to 32bit?

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

The problem is that Windows is a bit overprotective when it comes to the program-folder, and that can lead to all kinds of inconveniences. It is wise to install DCS-World outside of the program folder. 32-bit or 64-bit doesn't matter. the installer will sort that out for you.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Is there any proof that installing into Program Files (x86) restricts you to 32bit?

it certainly doesn't restrict anything to 32bit.

however windows will automatically redirect most 32bit programs to install here instead to keep 32bit and 64bit programs separate. It also does something similar in the registry.