Aircraft wheel breaks(FC3)

Gentlemen, I can't figure out how to assign wheel brakes to my pedals. In A-10C there's a slot in the axis commands to assign wheel brakes( right & left, or both), but not the aircraft in FC3. I went in and found wheel brakes; the keyboard command is 'W', but it wont let me slave my pedals to it. Any suggestions?

There are no toe brake axis for FC3 aircraft.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You can program SST to use w as the brake. Its not independent but it frees up a button and lets you use toe brakes. Just program both brake peddles with the w key.

I now use that for all planes including the ac-10c not as realistic but i can hot swap between all the planes and KA-50. The non independent toe brakes is not that big of a loss. just an idea

I think all aircraft from fc3 and the su25/t in dcs world should have an axis available for toebrakes.

Its just wrong not having an axis for brakes when all other aircraft have them.

It couldnt be that hard to implement surely ?

I think all aircraft from fc3 and the su25/t in dcs world should have an axis available for toebrakes.

Its just wrong not having an axis for brakes when all other aircraft have them.

It couldnt be that hard to implement surely ?

The reason FC can be rolled out as a bundle of aircraft, & the concept behind FC as a product, is that FC planes are modelled at a different level of fidelity to DCS modules.

If all the FC aircraft had all the features of DCS modules*, they would each be DCS modules (, and you'd be buying the aircraft 1 at a time).

Simplification of systems means some systems are simplified - in this case the brakes...

*& if ED added an axis for toe brakes, how long do you think it would take for the next item to be added to the "Its just wrong not having (add your favourite item here) when all other aircraft have them." list ?

Cheers.

Ah, but what about the su25 in dcs world ? You would of thought it would have an axis for brakes, fair enough FC craft not having it since they are modelled to a lower fidelity compared to dcs, but I would of thought the 25 in dcs world would of had it.

That being said, if the 25 in real life doesnt have toe brakes then that would explain why it doesnt have it in the game.

My CH pedals are set up with a script that mimics pressing the brakes harder. The more you press them down- the faster the W key is pressed. Press them down most of the way- it holds the key on. Perhaps the saitek can also do this using the things they call "bands" or at least- that is what they used to call em..

Edited by S77th-konkussion

I think something might be wrong with my saitek sst software, as it wont let me add any keys to the pedals, the pedals are greyed out in the sst software and I cant add anything to them.

I used to make profiles for my x52 when I used it, but I use my hog now so I dont use sst anymore, but when I have tried to add the brakes to them it wouldnt allow me to input anything, so I gave up as everything was set ingame so I didnt really need to use sst until now.

So I think I will have to do an uninstall/reinstall of the sst program in order to be able to add the brakes.

I think something might be wrong with my saitek sst software, as it wont let me add any keys to the pedals, the pedals are greyed out in the sst software and I cant add anything to them.

I used to make profiles for my x52 when I used it, but I use my hog now so I dont use sst anymore, but when I have tried to add the brakes to them it wouldnt allow me to input anything, so I gave up as everything was set ingame so I didnt really need to use sst until now.

So I think I will have to do an uninstall/reinstall of the sst program in order to be able to add the brakes.

What version SST are you using? There have been lots of updates, the newer versions are MadCatz not Seitek. Important you have the most updated.

That could be the problem fitness88, as its a long long time since I needed to use sst and when I installed my pedals, I found that I didnt even need sst for that, so I havent used it in about 2-3 years as I always set the pedals ingame.

I will give a set of drivers from madcatz a go and see if that will fix it for me.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pleeeease toe brake axis !!!!!

+2 (F-15C,Su25A and A10A should get toe brake axis treatment as well)

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

+2 (F-15C,Su25A and A10A should get toe brake axis treatment as well)

It was stated somewhere that the F-15C will have differential brakes when the AFM comes out, but not explanation of why the A-10A doesn't has been provided.

Previously, it was stated that lack of toe brakes was a limitation of the SFM.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My CH pedals are set up with a script that mimics pressing the brakes harder. The more you press them down- the faster the W key is pressed. Press them down most of the way- it holds the key on. Perhaps the saitek can also do this using the things they call "bands" or at least- that is what they used to call em..

I have CH Pro pedals. Would you care to share that script ?

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

It was stated somewhere that the F-15C will have differential brakes when the AFM comes out, but not explanation of why the A-10A doesn't has been provided.

Previously, it was stated that lack of toe brakes was a limitation of the SFM.

A-10A uses AFM now, :)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

A-10A uses AFM now, :)

Yes, it does, and it still has no wheel brake axis.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: