Question on radar modes for the f-15c

hello all,

been doing some digging and found some things that i would like to have the lockon community verify for me - if you would.

in lockon the f-15c seams to be missing some radar modes. by this is am meaning the following.

the pacs screen is able to be changed to among other modes to a setup called HSD or Horizontal Situation Display mode that shows the flight route and other information, theat indications, missile engament zones, ect.

** what might help explain all this is i refer you to the Falcon4.0 orginal manual. ** chapter 4 on the differnt radar / air to air modes.

link to manual if you dont have or would like to see what i am refering to.

http://www.test4321.com/f4_manual.pdf

there is also some Air to Air modes that i am wondering about to. in this manual again and from other websites i have found there are other radar modes that could be useful in a fight.

TWS - RWS - VS - ACM - along with other submodes that would go along with these. now the TWS and the VS we have but what about the RWS and ACM modes with there submodes to?

now i know that falcon 4.0 inserted some of there own things but this info that i am refering to is in the f-15c, as i have some pictures of it in the cockpit. (some not all in pics and some from other websites)

my main question here is - is this: are these modes supposed to be in the f-15c as it is in the f-16.. given with some difference it would make sence as the 15 is supposed to be a air suppority fighter and the 15/ 16 came out with in 10years of each other and these modes could have been software upgraded?

looking forward to the responce - please keep it nice, no flames - im just trying to figure out some things.

thanks

bloodystub

You're the man BloodyStub! The HSD is indeed precisely what is most lacking in the current modelling. Good you brought it up again! Only problem is: can ED get sufficiently good, declassified, public available and cleared info on this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're the man BloodyStub! The HSD is indeed precisely what is most lacking in the current modelling. Good you brought it up again! Only problem is: can ED get sufficiently good, declassified, public available and cleared info on this?

I remain unclear whether the HSD is actually true for the version of F15 we have modelled in Lomac.

The F16 radar and avionics aren't the same as the F15, and Eagle Dynamics DO have the F15A flight manual with avionics information in it . . . . so I'm not sure this is a good source.

The F15 we have is (IIRC) only lightly upgraded over the F15A spec in terms of radar, so the flight manual should be pretty good information.

More recent ones have been upgraded with proper datalinks and newer radars - BloodyStub, could you post the F15 cockpit pics with a bit more infor on which sub-type they are?

hello britgliderpilot

please refer to my website that i have about this @: http://f15.test4321.com/f-15.com/

there i have complied a listing of things on the eagle that is lomac vs game for any one to see and compare. suprisingly lomac is almost right on in most case. lots of intresting things to read and see. go there.

later

bloodystub

There are several modes missing, including ECCM submodes which counter ECM effects such as Gate Stealers effects and relocks onto the aircraft(while the jammer trys to move the return signal away from the aircraft).(can't remember where I read it but thats one mode which makes the F-15 the real bird of prey over any other aircraft). The VS mode I can understand why thats not modeled as no one ever uses it, it gives a detection to incoming fast moving aircraft but no range, quite useless for A/A. TWS is sort of modeled but you should be able to lock 2 enemy aircraft and launch 120s against them simultaneously. I'm also certain that burn through should be much earlier with F-15s radar than is modeled but thats my opinion. Maybe one day I'll read an F-15 manual and get some real answers.:D

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I remain unclear whether the HSD is actually true for the version of F15 we have modelled in Lomac.

The F16 radar and avionics aren't the same as the F15, and Eagle Dynamics DO have the F15A flight manual with avionics information in it . . . . so I'm not sure this is a good source.

The F15 we have is (IIRC) only lightly upgraded over the F15A spec in terms of radar, so the flight manual should be pretty good information.

More recent ones have been upgraded with proper datalinks and newer radars - BloodyStub, could you post the F15 cockpit pics with a bit more infor on which sub-type they are?

I'm not sure, but anyway Amraam capability and the MPCD where introduced with MSIP, so the model in Lomac cannot be that early.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Unlike when Lock On was developed, information about the aircraft systems is not a big issue any longer. Finding the time and resources to revisit the F-15 is. As has been stated before, most F-15 changes would have to be part of a ground-up re-development for a later project.

-Matt