F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Best choice in my opinion :thumbup:

Agreed!!!

Really looking forward to the finished product! You can count on at LEAST a Ka-50 stick for me :D

*hint**cough**cough**hint* :music_whistling:

Damn if you really are going to pick up production as you are indicating in your post above you'll have a golden business I think. Especially if the prices you indicate will be real. :thumbup:

Keep it up!

This sounds like music to my ears... I really hope you get this working as you plan... I am planning to be your customer :)

Same here, I'm in for at least a Hornet and Tomcat stick and throttle to go with my Warthog. Cost doesn't really matter, as long as it's a high quality build and an accurate replica.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

This got me more inclined to buying the hog.. I'm saving also for FSSB R-3. Regarding the resin option, will it be as hard as the real one or should I wait for aluminum?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It looks OK, but is not it better to get Suncom F-15 joystick on e-bay and just replace electronics and hats and triggers with Warthog ones and that's it. If this product would be made of metal (like warthog) it would make it an attractive product, but in this case its just plastic printed on 3 D printer I think F-15 Suncom would be much better plastic quality. No offence just would like to hear opinions , why this product is better then Suncom F-15 joystick grip which we can buy on ebay for 20~40$.

I have Suncom F-15 set. They'd still look shiny and feel brittle even if I stuffed it with military grade switches etc.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

It sounds like your Resin non metal option is the way to go. If the we quality and pricing is right I'll likely pick up a set for the F-18.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

So, with the cold hardened resin F-18 grip (like the real one!) being so good, is it worth it to go the metal route just to get something that might be 25% bettter? That will also be 300% more expensive, 600% more time consuming and can be produced in 1000% less quantities?

And will be less realistic than the real thing ??

*that's the fact that bothers me the most. All that extra work to make it less realistic :doh:

I've been sold on the cold hardened resin for a while now, after you convinced me, but why would an aluminum build be 25% better if the real joystick is resin as well? I'm sure they made the decision based on quality and comfort, not price. Isn't resin perhaps better for this stick and specific aircraft?

Edited by GodsPrototype

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a financially conscientious person, I'm so in for the cold hardened resin. I buy all the planes when they're on discount. For every plane I own (almost all of them) I'd happily throw down money for a full set for each plane with a resin build. It would become prohibitively more expensive to do that with aluminum. Plus...you said resin was what the real planes use. If it works for the military, I'll be damned if it doesn't work for me!

Edit!: Is it possible you've been working on your own in house collective as well? I own a few of the choppers, but never got into flying them because it felt far too unauthentic using the WH throttle instead of a real collective.

Damn that's an impressive write up, while I do like the idea of an all metal stick, the extra cost, production costs and work really dosnt make it viable in my option.

IF and I've no reason whatsoever to doubt your description about the resin grips are true, then as others have said its a no brainier. Add to the fact it brings the cost down to $60 or less then it is a staggering good deal, and will certainly allow people to build up their own collection of grips for different aircraft if they wanted to.

So go for the resin, it makes perfect sense.

Oh and I'll take a F18 and a F14 grip and throttle set please. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

You have plans for F-14 Grip (and throttle?) Warthog Compatible?

That would be a must buy when the F-14 by LN comes out. :joystick:

Might have a look at the F-18 aswell.

Edit: ...and without a doubt a slew replacement for the warthog throttle!

Edited by Fixxxer46

So there will be Grips for the X55? But would I need to rewire the base of my x55 or would it just click on like the current one?

My system:

Intel Core i7 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16Gb Crucial 1600mhz DDR3, MSI GTX660 Gaming, Scythe Mugen 4, Samung 850 EVO 500GB, Fractal Design Define R4, WD Green 2TB, Windows 10

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudders

DCS:

A10C, UH-1, F15C

"When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..."

Henry Ford

how about a mig-21 stick? :D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Plug'n'play

That sounds awesome! Can you add more hats to a grip than the original stick? Or are you limited in that aspect, because I would love a hat as cms switch instead of the current button.

My system:

Intel Core i7 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16Gb Crucial 1600mhz DDR3, MSI GTX660 Gaming, Scythe Mugen 4, Samung 850 EVO 500GB, Fractal Design Define R4, WD Green 2TB, Windows 10

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudders

DCS:

A10C, UH-1, F15C

"When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..."

Henry Ford

Very good post hegyck, your good explanation,reasoning and quality expectations surely enhance what you want to produce.

For me as ive always been in a quality quest I will surely buy the plastic Resin grips but i will reserve myself to have at least my favourite grip in Aluminium. Ive had nearly all important good quality grips and after playing with the Warthog metal "feel" even the Suncom F15 feels cheap.

Anyway as you very well explained the Resin you are using will is expected to be in a different league so ill give it a try.

keep us updated, thanks :thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

That sounds awesome! Can you add more hats to a grip than the original stick? Or are you limited in that aspect, because I would love a hat as cms switch instead of the current button.

how do you expect saitek hardware to recognize additional switches?

the only way to do this is to have the additional buttons on stick connected to another controller with separate wiring harness.

regarding all the metal vs resin. as far as "more prototypical" it is not necessarily so. while real grip might be resin, it might be of different kind then what hegykc is going to use. that difference is not of great concern to me , i'm ok if the end product is sufficiently durable (and i can see resin being durable enough).

it seems that the biggest thing here behind the materials is budget concerns. while i do want aluminum, if what makes this project see light of day is 3d printed resin then so be it.

and i assume it will be finished somehow with polish or paint ?

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

The real Hornet grip is a resin and not metal. If you're making a decision I would say no need to over build and get away from the look and feel of real thing. If it saves money and time then it's a win/win.

• Like 1

Resin is logical and cost effective, makes perfect sense.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I agree, resin is the logical choice here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

I also vote for resin. Good choice to focus on one production method.

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

Resin all the way.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "