F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Are you also going to make your own throttle bases?

My system:

Intel Core i7 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16Gb Crucial 1600mhz DDR3, MSI GTX660 Gaming, Scythe Mugen 4, Samung 850 EVO 500GB, Fractal Design Define R4, WD Green 2TB, Windows 10

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudders

DCS:

A10C, UH-1, F15C

"When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..."

Henry Ford

Are you also going to make your own throttle bases?

Yes.

What im wanting to know is if we buy a joystick base could we use any of your sticks on it????

Grips will be completely interchangeable, that's the whole point. For my bases I will most likely adapt the warthog 5pin standard. If you're ordering a complete hotas with the bases, this doesn't concern you.

For anyone interested in only grips/throttles, they would choose either warthog compatible grips, or x-55 compatible grips, and those grips would be completely interchangeable with either their warthog or x-55 bases.

As has been said a hundred times, great work here!

Very much looking forward to trying one out.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but are you going to offer extensions too? I would gladly pay for a decent extension for my X55 and I'm guessing (but could be wrong) that a fair few others would like one too?

Smirks

Cheers,

Smirkza

Hegykc,

In joystick market there as need a standalone throttle that meets the needs of WW II era planes - not a P-51 or Fw-190 replica - but one that can be used for various kinds o planes, with levers for Propeller Pitch, Mixture, Supercharger, trims...

F-15 or F-18 throttle is nice for... F-15 or F-18. :)

Edited by Sokol1_br
mistype

Hi hegykc,

don´t you like Karlovacko beer? :D Because this beer label is missing in your designs above.

Edited by pikas
grammer corrections

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

I've been following this thread since it was created (along with the Warthog replacement slew). This may have been asked, and I forgot...but I think it's a good review question :)

Are there any plans at all in the far future to build your own Force Feedback system? Excluding that dastardly crap slew on the warthog, it feels like the manufacturers are slighting us simmers by making mostly great sticks, without the immersive quality of FFB.

If you are planning this, I would probably suggest getting your initial line out first, and then a FFB collection. Obviously that would require more money for you, and from us. But if you built it to the quality you're projecting for a standard stick, I think you're going to have a lot of people throwing money at your face. :)

Guess who's doing my electronics and firmware, and who's doing his custom cut styrofoam packaging :music_whistling:

These crafty Croats are in it from the beginning :)

oH HO HO SNEAKY SNEAKY

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

You will make some serious money if you keep the high standard.

I will be the first to order F/A-18 HOTAS/grips when/if ED announces the module.

The F/A-18C module has already been announced and is in development, or you talkin about a projected release date?

As for the Stick, definately gettin one, and A 3Rd TM MFD or OR

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

All aircraft released by or for DCS will have their grips be made WH and x-55 compatable as he has said in the past.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

That would sell like hot soup on a winters day :)

:megalol:

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Just read through this whole thread. My puny warthog now somewhat seems less awesome in comparison to what's coming.

I'll happily put down the money for full A10, F-18 and Typhoon setups, stick base and everything.

Will you be doing a modular throttle base as well (if you said yes, I missed it)?

Given the speed at which you can design stuff and also produce it, it might be a good idea for you to keep an eye on the Star Citizen developments, there is a huuuge market emerging for spaceship input devices right now. I'd love to have a space HOTAS on top of the stuff you already announced.

And please make the stick base round like the Warthog, the Obutto folks will appreciate that...

Can't wait for you to start taking pre-orders! :)

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Just read through this whole thread. My puny warthog now somewhat seems less awesome in comparison to what's coming.

I'll happily put down the money for full A10, F-18 and Typhoon setups, stick base and everything.

Will you be doing a modular throttle base as well (if you said yes, I missed it)?

Given the speed at which you can design stuff and also produce it, it might be a good idea for you to keep an eye on the Star Citizen developments, there is a huuuge market emerging for spaceship input devices right now. I'd love to have a space HOTAS on top of the stuff you already announced.

And please make the stick base round like the Warthog, the Obutto folks will appreciate that...

Can't wait for you to start taking pre-orders! :)

Uhhh, don't you already have a A-10C if you have the Warthog? Why would you need another one?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]