F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

But you're claiming 1/10th the price of a VR Headset and PC... which is really only about ~2000USD. I'd love to see it in that price range, but it seems... too cheap =D

Not outside US, it's closer to 3.500$, and I'm talking only left/right side panels and in the F-18 those are nothing but 2 switch boxes. A-10 on the other hand, has instruments, lcd displays and a bunch of mechanical digit counters AND double row panels on each side and those side panels would have to be at least 4x as much. But again, if I'm doing dozen of other products I would rather sell the A-10 side panels at 2x199$, even at a loss, because I have other products and because I want to fly with people in real simpits

Edited by hegykc

First, I'm so sorry for you about all this skepticism and bad talk hegykc, I think that the silent majority of the community is behind you and supports you.

I don't think it is appropriate to speak to someone's project like this, it is obvious that you have put many hours of hard work in this and I am very pleased to see that it keeps moving forward.

You don't have any obligations to justify your choices, no one here is a shareholder of your business as far as I know.

If your products comes like you said at the price you said it will revolutionize the sim gear market. I totally agree with your point of view on the track-ir if something is cheap more uses will be find to it and more softwares will use it.

I still didn't see any Mirage 2000 stick render so if you have ones, please put some more gazoline on the fire :D.

From me and my squadron buds, good luck :thumbup:.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

VR? maybe in the future, but i'm totally satisfied with my full scale Su27 cockpit, not totally clickable it's an FC3 aircraft. But who knows ED will make a full DCS version.

The reason for having a cockpit is that we (Dutch Flanker Display Team) are attending at events and explain the people what DCS is and let them fly.

To have the chance of buying panels that are affordable would be great Hegykc. i think there will be a market for them.

su27.thumb.jpg.b47fcc0711a8c319c4070b7ef7794bbd.jpg

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

VR? maybe in the future, but i'm totally satisfied with my full scale Su27 cockpit, not totally clickable it's an FC3 aircraft. But who knows ED will make a full DCS version.

The reason for having a cockpit is that we (Dutch Flanker Display Team) are attending at events and explain the people what DCS is and let them fly.

To have the chance of buying panels that are affordable would be great Hegykc. i think there will be a market for them.

Wow, that's a nice build. :)

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

They are not mutually exclusive. LOVE my VR. would never ever go back to monitors. But I still want physical switches (which I'm building). And I'll support anyone that extends ED/DCS ecosystem. So more power to Lynx and heyykc's of the world.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I'll add one comment here as a behind the scenes contributor to hegykc's work. What he is doing is like a dream come true to those who are serious simmers, but caught in the middle between those who can afford things like TIR5 and those who fly with keyboard and mouse. VR is even more out of the question to us. And there are more of us than you know.

I am reminded of the analogy of viewing a ball game through a knothole in a fence. Although I think pinhole is more appropriate considering how narrow some of the views here are. Not casting doubt on intelligence. Rather just giving an insight to clear up ignorance that there is no shame in having because you have never really been exposed to the knowledge that can clear it.

Furthermore, I am pretty sure small flight schools would love to have this kind of equipment, which has normally been the realm of only the big league schools.

Edited by JB3DG

Though people might think we're harping on him because we don't have products that's precisely it. Lowe we have all been watching his maticulous work for 3 years now and all we gave seen is a single rough 3d printed stick. Why not show the shop. Why not show some prototypes not rendered. Tho you may be months out from actually making a sellable product we just want to see material in hand. A tease of what is to become. Even if it looks like it was carved my a 3 year old with a butter knife it's progress. Something that has not been seen. Just reiterations over and over. I like most want to see what you have been doing behind the scenes and even if there's a mistake in the process point it out and show rectifying the problem.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

If anyone is really itching for a new grip, consider contacting these guys: Infinity Aerospace Custom Military-Style Stick Grips starting at $200...

Be sure to read everything on their site. These are real-life aviation grips, customizable, left-hand and right-handed, also used in sims at Edwards AFB.

If I were in the market I would've contacted them a long time ago.

Edited by SinusoidDelta

I agree, VR adds the visuals we have wanted but I still would like a certain amount of touchy feely from the likes of key switches and knobs and also a good quality (read solid) landing gear lever (as a boxed item).

Have always loved your pit as well wasserfall, your seat is fantastic if I remember correctly.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

The item I am looking most forward to is the stick base. hegykc, do you plan to supply it with a flat mounting plate and a long extension for between the feet ground placement? To make it usable with the Obutto seat it would require the grip bottom to be about 50 cm above the ground and about 15 cm behind the gimbal assembly (curved over the seat cushion, closer towards the pilot like most helicopter cyclics).

@hegykc Nice to see you back here and in good health. Remember the thing we talked about few months ago? From my part initial r&d is finished and if you're still interested you have my email.

Cheers and do something great! :)

OG

Thanks for all the updates (please don't stop) and don't lose hope!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Hey Guys, Guys, Guys...

I sense a lot of hostility here rather than constructive criticism...:(

Ours is a small community... Let Hegykc work towards whatever he has planned... We should be supporting each other and NO need for patronising...

If he comes up with his product line then well and good, everybody benefits.

If he doesn't then we will anyways buy products from other OEMs... Why so angry brothers?:)

Most of all have been following his threads for many years now, and I understand the valid frustration but then these are the products made for us by one of us ...

Lets show some brotherhood and optimism here ... It doesn't matter whether he succeeds or fails ... What matters is our support for one of us ...

Besides we have not invested any money so we have nothing to lose here...:doh:

I guess Hegykc understands this as well and should provide better updates now on and we should just support and encourage him to get them out faster... The point is someone is trying to get expensive stuff for us at half the price and maybe even lesser ...

A TrackIR 5 retails for $145.99 with FREE Shipping on Amazon and if I can get a better product for half the price then I am sold on it...:D

Lets have constructive discussions here ... Theres already much hate in the world ...

Lets broadon our minds guys ... ;)

And Hegykc...

I wish you all the best and many here including myself are rooting for ya...

Take care of your health and keep them updates and pictures coming ... :thumbup:

Edited by Nash
  • Like 1

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Mannn you are sick ... :P

Thats the most amazin cockpit I have seen ... Its just WOW ...

Amazing !!! :thumbup:

Wish I could afford one ... :music_whistling:

Have fun and enjoy ... Cheers ...

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Thanks Nash:) still working on it for some more functionality.

Got some more pictures mate?

Awesome and the some!!

Do you have some pics from when you were building cockput? Sorry for bad English

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I've been watching this thread for quite sometime. Are you planning on actually selling any of these or what? What's the status?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

I've been watching this thread for quite sometime. Are you planning on actually selling any of these or what? What's the status?

whatever you do, don't scroll back a page or two - god forbid someone wastes 20sec of looking to see what has been said on that very subject.. : /

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:chair:

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hey Guys, Guys, Guys...

I sense a lot of hostility here rather than constructive criticism...:(

Ours is a small community... Let Hegykc work towards whatever he has planned... We should be supporting each other and NO need for patronising...

If he comes up with his product line then well and good, everybody benefits.

If he doesn't then we will anyways buy products from other OEMs... Why so angry brothers?:)

Most of all have been following his threads for many years now, and I understand the valid frustration but then these are the products made for us by one of us ...

Lets show some brotherhood and optimism here ... It doesn't matter whether he succeeds or fails ... What matters is our support for one of us ...

Besides we have not invested any money so we have nothing to lose here...:doh:

I guess Hegykc understands this as well and should provide better updates now on and we should just support and encourage him to get them out faster... The point is someone is trying to get expensive stuff for us at half the price and maybe even lesser ...

A TrackIR 5 retails for $145.99 with FREE Shipping on Amazon and if I can get a better product for half the price then I am sold on it...:D

Lets have constructive discussions here ... Theres already much hate in the world ...

Lets broadon our minds guys ... ;)

And Hegykc...

I wish you all the best and many here including myself are rooting for ya...

Take care of your health and keep them updates and pictures coming ... :thumbup:

fully agree :thumbup: