F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

It's all good! Hegy for president when he starts selling products!

Sent while I should be working instead.

Make Simpits Great again! :D

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Just one question Hegy ...

When can we buy the head tracker and the springbals ...its mid-Aug already ...:noexpression:

The spring mod, very soon. It's just a matter of picking out the spring sets that will come along with it. It's vacation season over here, many of my suppliers are not working, plus we had a couple of national holidays this month so I lost some time. Still, it's just around the corner.

Head tracker goes into prototyping the moment spring mod goes into sales. All the cutting, bending/forming, engraving and milling I do on these panels will be used on the head tracker too, so all the manufacturing will already be setup.

Today's prototypes:

Engraved brushed aluminum name plates (not printed stickers)

20160816_150816_zpsw7avt8ht.jpg~original

I will use these a lot, both in replica cockpits and on my generic panels/throttles/joysticks. They are not stickers, but 1mm thick, matt black plastic with brushed aluminum finish and will be secured with screws just like the real things.

And they're all designed in parametric cad, no corel/photoshop eyeballing stuff, everything according to NAA blueprints:

20160816_150816b_zpsoqbydzhx.jpg~original

Save

Edited by hegykc

They look really nice hegy but would resources and time not be better spend on your spring mod and stick grips. Not to mention warthog slew? I mean if someone were to buy a panel or a stick you could offer a free placard of choice for free as a bundle.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

They look really nice hegy but would resources and time not be better spend on your spring mod and stick grips. Not to mention warthog slew?

Warthog slew replacement is out for now. Can't connect it to the throttle pcb so you would need to route the wires out and make an enclosure for an arduino etc... It would be simpler to make a whole new throttle unit.

I didn't get the custom springs for the spring mod last week because of the vacation season and holidays, so while I wait, I prototype panel related things. Grips need a whole bunch of stuff first: pcb's, custom push buttons, more 3d printers etc. So this takes priority because I need something simple that will sell while I spend a few months prototyping the grips.

I'm sure he's mentioned on a few occasions now but you've probably missed that he's fine tuning his procedures for manufacturing the more complex stuff by doing his simple products first. Doing it the other way round just to please a few people will inevitably lead to longer processing times and higher prices.

I'm sorry but I just don't get why people keep suggesting to him the way he should do it. He's been think about his business for 3 years plus and he's obviously thought about everything that's been asked here- why not this way?, why not that way? He's doing it his way to make it better/cheaper for us. Was Rome built in a day?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

--snippage--

Was Rome built in a day?

In minecraft it was! :D

Speaking of which I'll have to download it and give it a shot again. Last time was with DK1 and hacked version of Minecraft.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Speaking of which, it popped up in my rift as a beta. Anyways back on topic......

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Still waiting on the springs for the spring mod, due to the vacation season.

And by "waiting" I mean working. Today's prototype:

UH-1 Huey collective enclosure (missing some details). This is a perfect example of why I prioritized this type of manufacturing. It took me 2 hours to design it, along with the tools and jigs needed for bending and forming, and I'm getting better and faster each day. This unit is manufactured in 5 minutes, and assembled in another 5. That's 10 minutes, from zero to what you see in the picture. So I can design all the DCS collective enclosures in a day, manufacture a few hundred of each in another day, in advance on my own dime, and box them up and stock them for immediate shipping upon purchase. No matter how rare the DCS module is and how low the sales will be. That means it doesn't have to cost a few hundred dollars per unit, this could be a $30 part in my shop, once everything is setup and there's a 100 other products in the shop . I'm not stopping here though, it will have a base (with replaceable collective grips) and working force trim system.

So that's what I'm all about. Not selling things cheap, but making them cheap. And fast. Drive that development and manufacturing cost into the god damn ground.

20160819_210220_zps1i3fsglp.jpg~original 20160819_210159_zpsieznc7o8.jpg~original

20160819_210032_zpseljgfadl.jpg~original

In case anyone needs a huey, gazelle, Black Shark or Mi-8 standalone collective grip for their DIY project right now, let me know, email is in my profile. I will be prototyping all of them next week.

Save

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1

Making good progress. Good job. Try reaching out to some of the guys building shark or huey pits. I know reaper6 has a pit somewhat for his Black Shark.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Warthog slew replacement is out for now. Can't connect it to the throttle pcb so you would need to route the wires out and make an enclosure for an arduino etc... It would be simpler to make a whole new throttle unit.

Since this replacement slew will require his own controller (Arduino) how about a panel to fit in front of Warthog throttle LAST panel, with the same dimensions of this, with trim controls imitating F-16 trim, using the same controller, think will be useful for WWII players.

Similar to what the guy did there - but with look matching Warthog one.

http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2015/08/full-28577-106947-20150807_135337.jpg

I don't fly helis enough to justify buying a whole collective unit, but what if there was some kind of system that attached to the Warthog throttle base and allowing it to be placed on the ground and act as a collective? I remember seeing a post on here awhile ago showing the throttle grips popped out to be replaced with F-18 grips. I'd imagine the same could be done with a long pipe and your new collective enclosure could be attached along with any future ones for Gazelle, Hip, Black Shark.

Does this sound possible?

Also, i've been looking for some Hotas dust covers more fashionable than a sock or plastic bag. I dunno if textiles are your area of expertise, but I'd love to see what you can come up with Hegykc.

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Suggestion:

Update OP with current information on your work? I've been trying to catch up through 60 pages of threads and its rather difficult to figure out what's out, what's out, and what's coming?

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

Suggestion:

Update OP with current information on your work? I've been trying to catch up through 60 pages of threads and its rather difficult to figure out what's out, what's out, and what's coming?

Very good idea, I support this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Only small details today:

toggle switch connector bar, and toggle safety guards found on modern jets too.

20160820_164121_zpsjhd20xvj.jpg~original20160819_213048_zpsu7xwuxhy.jpg~original

Led push-to-check lamp found in WWII props and Korean era jets:

20160819_213444_zpsyq7hhgiz.jpg~original

And again, this is not about making one bar, guard or lamp. Anyone can make a 3d model and have it 3d printed on Shapeways for 25$. This is about designing it in such way, and developing the tools to manufacture each of these for 0.05$. And these are done. The goal is to not have a small part more expensive than a 1$ to make and takes no longer than a minute to manufacture (including paint and engraving), and not a panel more expensive than 5$ to make and takes no longer than 5 minutes to manufacture (including paint and engraving). Goal achieved. The same will be done for more modern instruments with digit displays, digit counters and 3d artificial horizons.

This one is going under the knife sometimes this week. B-17 front panel with mechanical instruments. A test bed for FSX/Prepar3d platform. B-17 because it has curved shapes on the panel boxes, it has single pointer, dual pointer and triple pointer instruments. Push buttons, 2-way and 3-way toggles both latching and momentary, safety guards, connector bars and safety bars. Potentiates and rotary selectors, led mounts and led lamps etc.. Basically it has everything you can imagine in a WWII cockpit. This way I can develop most mechanical stuff in one pit, and just use the components on the rest of them. Also after I'm done, I can send it to FSX/Prepar3d crowd so they can work on interfacing it while I prototype DCS WWII fighters.

z6_zpsrjoivmen.png~original

Edited by hegykc

Looks nice, and would be great if we had a B-17 to fly but...

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: