F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

But I think his future customers can express their opinions without using words like trolling and scam, don't you?

Oh, absolutely. I generally try and keep my post substantive. (Haha, though sometimes people seem to be asking for sarcasm, but that's niether here nor there).

But, especially in this thread, constructive criticism is necessary. That's why I suggested Hegykc send in something for a third party review. I think it'll give everyone a little of what they are looking for. He gets feedback on his design and construction, everyone else gets a closer look at it. They can drool over it, dream about it, or make suggestions. I don't know. Respect is key in a forum. Too often I think people confuse respect with affirmative feedback. That's just me.

I don't not like hegykc or what he's doing, I just disagree with some things. And when and if I can make a logical point or counter point, I try too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I think more than anything we want to SEE the products. I mean we SAW completed panels for the b17 and p51......but we haven't SEEN anything as far as a physical object for the head tracker or a do ready for testing CDU. I think once hegy actually shows pictures and video of working products in a TESTING STAGE the mood and atmosphere will change drastically. But for now most are upset because of the continued "delays" and pretty pictures. Frankly I'm in that group though I give my full support to hegy and his company.......

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I have absolutely nothing against an opinion, free speech. But there is a time and a place. If you had a set deal with some guy about a product and money was exchanged and nothing came. That is a real problem, but to be complaining on some sim enthusiast who is working towards selling sim equipment and who is still just working on it and hasn't made any real promises or taken money is in my opinion, a bit too much.

You decide to hold off your purchase of something else by this project, ok. that's your choice. he does not have any responsibility for what you do, and if you did hold off it had to be pretty evident to you how there are risks of it not being released when you hoped for.

You can voice your opinion, it's fine, but when i see this thread now i'd personally actually rather want it to just be locked to actual development updates from hegykc. Because most of the discussion seems to be not of the products, and more on discussing how he will fail/not fail.

i don't want to discuss the same thing that's been going on for long over a year with little added criticism other than "he's not shown anything yet" or "im dissapointed by his delays" or "it's a scam" or similar. Actual production advice, ideas etc would be nicer. I understand you can be disappointed, but have you read the last 50 pages?

Edited by Farlander

I think more than anything we want to SEE the products. I mean we SAW completed panels for the b17 and p51......but we haven't SEEN anything as far as a physical object for the head tracker or a do ready for testing CDU. I think once hegy actually shows pictures and video of working products in a TESTING STAGE the mood and atmosphere will change drastically. But for now most are upset because of the continued "delays" and pretty pictures. Frankly I'm in that group though I give my full support to hegy and his company.......

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Agreed, that's what I was saying.

I have absolutely nothing against an opinion, free speech. But there is a time and a place. If you had a set deal with some guy about a product and money was exchanged and nothing came. That is a real problem, but to be complaining on some sim enthusiast who is working towards selling sim equipment and who is still just working on it and hasn't made any real promises or taken money is in my opinion, a bit too much.

You decide to hold off your purchase of something else by this project, ok. that's your choice. he does not have any responsibility for what you do, and if you did hold off it had to be pretty evident to you how there are risks of it not being released when you hoped for.

You can voice your opinion, it's fine, but when i see this thread now i'd personally actually rather want it to just be locked to actual development updates from hegykc. Because most of the discussion seems to be not of the products, and more on discussing how he will fail/not fail.

i don't want to discuss the same thing that's been going on for long over a year with little added criticism other than "he's not shown anything yet" or "im dissapointed by his delays" or "it's a scam" or similar. Actual production advice, ideas etc would be nicer. I understand you can be disappointed, but have you read the last 50 pages?

And you're right, my choice not to purchase was my own, I acknowledged that. I disagree with your statement "not being released when you hoped for." in a general sense because sure, I hoped it was going to be released when he said it would. Which is kind of besides the point.

The part of what I said that you replied to I agree with you on. I've read all 153 pages of this thread, when it is on topic or off topic. And I'd also like to see a thread limited to product updates. But what we have is a thread for discussion. And I see where most everyone is coming from on most sides of all the issues. Either one, one person actually has the power to quickly change the conversation here, as discussed a few times now. Sounds like people would like to see more prototypes being worked on. I don't think that's an outlandish request. It's been voiced. So lets see what happens?

• Like 1

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

What a load of old crap that has been spoken over the last 4 pages. So what if he's not produced anything for the community yet. Why do you give such a toss? He'll release when he and it is ready. Meanwhile why not post about your progress? Why get so terribly excited about something then practically topping yourself when it's late? Christ, my 8 year old behaves better than that!! Call yourselves adults?

I agree, lock the forum to only Hegykc and admin. Posts like these previous ones are not constructive criticism, but slagging someone off because he didn't produce. Clearly you complainers have never been a sole manufacturer involved in everything including r&d. If his products are excellent, then he'll know when he gets feedback, likewise if they're not so good.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

If you don't like this, just don't follow it. No hard feelings. It couldn't be simpler. No one needs rescuing here, no one is getting scammed. And if there's no one rushing me maybe I'll make less mistakes of trying to get something out too soon. Come back when there's something to buy, and you can discuss/criticize/suggest products then, no grudges will be held against you or your money :)

In the mean time, I'll keep posting updates on the prototyping progress, for people who want to know the state of the project.

Save

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1

In the mean time, I'll keep posting updates on the prototyping progress, for people who want to know the state of the project.

Save

Indications of forward progress is all that most of us, including myself, are looking for.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You all know what?, even if all will end in renders only (what I don't think so), even when the first product is release with three years from now (whi knows)... I don't care! Because I love to see Hegy's ideas, his renders make me dream and inspire me. And to dream is very important too. It keeps the illusion alive.

Cheers and don't let anyone take your hope and dreams, ANYONE!

...In the mean time, I'll keep posting updates on the prototyping progress, for people who want to know the state of the project.

Save

:thumbup:

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Both IRled/IRcamera and gyro/accelerometer/compass versions.

Save

Heg,

Could you please elaborate a bit on these different versions... What are the benefits of one over the other...And how much cost increase will it lead to ...:music_whistling:

Also some pictures please ... You haven't posted any pictures on the progress of the HeadTracker and I have been requesting them before...:noexpression:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

I guess one could take it as a compliment that people are so upset over the delays. It means people are emotionally attached to the project. That's a good thing. I am doubtful that you can meet the original goal of producing various grips at the price you wanted to sell it at. But that's just my opinion. This isn't a kickstarter, you never asked for anything up front, and you clearly have the passion.

I will continue to follow this thread, and for the time being will consider it no different than cockpit build thread. It's fun watching you prototype things.

I wish you the best of luck, and if and when it ships, people will either buy it or they won't.

I'm honestly baffled by all the negative posts bordering on vitriol. It's as if you took people's money.

I mean I waited 2 years for a wifi speaker on KickStarter. I saw WW II DCS module go down in flames - although ED picked it up. That delay can be measured in years. And in the above two cases, I *PAID* money.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Quote:

Originally Posted by hegykc viewpost.gif

Both IRled/IRcamera and gyro/accelerometer/compass versions.

Save

Heg,

Could you please elaborate a bit on these different versions... What are the benefits of one over the other...And how much cost increase will it lead to ...music_whistling.gif

Also some pictures please ... You haven't posted any pictures on the progress of the HeadTracker and I have been requesting them before...:noexpression:

Hey Heg ,,, Any update yet??? :huh:

:noexpression::noexpression:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

In my opinion, while there may be a lot of critics here... there is usually no smoke without a fire. When going public with projects like this, carefully packaged designs and plans and what not, people start to invest their time and energy, looking forward to get their hands on a finished result. I am not saying that it justifies any nasty comments, but I do understand that people get upset. Time and energy are also types of investment. With that said, I will consider buying some of the products if they go into production.

• 2 weeks later...
Heg,

Could you please elaborate a bit on these different versions... What are the benefits of one over the other...And how much cost increase will it lead to ...:music_whistling:

Hey Heg ,,, Any update yet??? :huh:

:noexpression::noexpression:

Hegykc...

Its November already ... any updates on the above queries I had ???

:(:huh::noexpression:

Guys... chill out, assume it won't be available for purchase for at least 6-12 months. Maybe double or triple that time and then and only then consider wait for those grips. I recommend buying what you need for now elsewhere and when (I don't say if because I'm sure that Hegy will deliver) buy more stuff because it will be awesome.

But it doesn't make any sense to wait if you need a stick right now. Go for Warthog or Mamba or anything that is on the shelves. Nobody, including Hegy knows when this stuff will be available for purchase as it's in early design and pre-production stage.

You will not have to wait a year. Because I cannot afford to delay the sales any longer. My savings I had allocated for this, is running out. The time to start selling is as soon as possible.

But I needed electronics in my mechanical designs, and I needed to program them. And that's what the last month or two were spent on. I'm going to show you a"render" but please keep in mind it's a completely developed solution. Schematics, board layout, components and physical dimension checking in my 3d cad software. But you will not have to wait for me to finish these electrial products, because I'll just use off the shelf arduinos for the very first batch of my sales.

All my electronic sim products will use interrupt based, event driven programming, unlike the Arduinos, dumb-busy-loops and spaghetti code in use in every hardware built on these forums at the moment. It is free and copy-paste code so I'm not trying to talk down again. I'm just trying to do better.

Here is a 40-bit I2C switch/LED driver with interrupt capability. 64 of these bad boys can be connected to 2 - 4 I2C channels on the 120/180 Mhz development board I'll be using, or my own MCU board I'll develop to drive my full simpits. That's a maximum of 10.240 switches or LEDs or any mix of the two. I have the same kind of driver fo analog axis, to drive up to 216 axis. Everything is interrupt driven, meaning none of the 10.000+ switches, or 200+ analog axis are talking to the microcontroller until you put your hand on them and change something. Also all of the 'drivers' are taking on the computing tasks and only sending ready-to-read results to the microcontroller. So not only will my MCU be dozens of times more powerfull then your average arduino, it will have to do dozens of times less work.

All of the electronics are also on the same protocol. Meaning you can plug your P-51 throttle into an F-14 engine panel. Or plug up to 4 full simpits on a single microcontroller. Future proof and compatible.

*again, you do not have to wait for me to finish these custom eletronics. I'll focus on getting the P-51 and Fw-190/Bf-109 throttles out with arduino electronics. The warthog spring mod and head tracking unit out. That is my No.1 priority as of today. I just had the oportunity to develop these now instead of in 2 years, and I took it. You'll be thanking me later.

1_zps7cesblfm.png~original

Save

Edited by hegykc

Here is a 40-bit I2C switch/LED driver with interrupt capability. 64 of these bad boys can be connected to 2 - 4 I2C channels on the 120/180 Mhz development board I'll be using, or my own MCU board I'll develop to drive my full simpits. That's a maximum of 10.240 switches or LEDs or any mix of the two. I have the same kind of driver fo analog axis, to drive up to 216 axis. Everything is interrupt driven, meaning none of the 10.000+ switches, or 200+ analog axis are talking to the microcontroller until you put your hand on them and change something. Also all of the 'drivers' are taking on the computing tasks and only sending ready-to-read results to the microcontroller. So not only will my MCU be dozens of times more powerfull then your average arduino, it will have to do dozens of times less work.

All of the electronics are also on the same protocol. Meaning you can plug your P-51 throttle into an F-14 engine panel. Or plug up to 4 full simpits on a single microcontroller. Future proof and compatible.Save

This sounds WONDERFUL.

I have some questions based on this :

- Will you system and protocol be in open or close development? I mean, will it be possible to other people to make other stuff (engine panel, throttle, joystick, etc) and connect them to your system?

- As old planes are cool , new ones are (for me) even better, do you consider making F-35 grip and throttle one day?

Anyway, take your time to make things in the good way. I hope you the best :)