ok ED you wanted flight manuals on how the f-18 and f-14s here it is.

title says it all... found these while on Patricks avaiation website.

you said for along time that you dont have the information - well now you do.. its all in these manuals.. now can we get more aircraft sometime?

flight manuals of the F-14 and F-18

these cover - avaonics, hud symblos, flight performance and lots more.

link - http://www.patricksaviation.com/files.php?action=browse&page=1&perpage=10&sortby=id&order=desc

go and get em.

oh and im looking for a F-15C flight manual myself - pm me the info if you got it.. something that has what the above does. radar modes - flight charatics - the works.

late

bloodystub.

yes that makes 2 of us... whats in a tactical manual that is not included here on what screens is where and what it look like.

tactical manaul will probly have com codes and other radar technolgy that will never be released soon.. so whats missing... ??

all ED said was we dont have any info on that plane - well here it is... 50+% of it... so guess logicaly - make it up.. im sure there is non-classified things that people can see in pictures and blend what has been done on other jets. movies might come in handy.. you have no idea how much documentries like the one i have mentioned a few times here called "american fighter pilots" no classified stuff but you can guess and fill in the holes with what we know and what has been done in other sims. janes f-18 for example... the movie "behind enemy line" when they are starting up the jet at the start of the movie.. there is footage of the huds/ MFDs in operation there.. HUD tapes from various website like patricks - there is lots of FA-18 footage there.. with hud tapes and laser weapons and things.. and also draw a base line comparision to Falcon 4 not much could have changed.

long winded i know but the info is there.. and you just have to put 2+2 together... figure it out... no one is going to give that info away.. tactical manuals are classified for good reasons from what i can gather on the net.

ED did fine with the f-15 for the most part with-out that info...

late

bloodystub

ED did fine with the f-15 for the most part with-out that info...
There are a lot of important stuff missing in the Eagle.. as in all the planes.

I'm blessed because I'm not very knowledgable about these things... I don't know what I'm missing ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

ok you say it missiles, ecm and radar..

for missiles - well this is a whole different matter and another topic as this is a hot debate on these forms as lockon simulates these thur observations - not perfect - but hey this is a $50 sim not a goverment billion $ sim back by the people who build the missile for that matter. from what i can tell the IR, SAR and AAR missiles are fine for the most part for a $50 game !!!! but tweaks can always be made.

ecm - in this game is not really how ecm works.. as again its simulated.. that the ecm that we have now.. it basical force an engament down to less then 20nm if that and then WVR fight. this is NOT how ECM works from what i have read on these forms.. the ECM we have now is dumbed down for the game.

radar - well if you looked at those documents i link to .. it gives WHAT THE HUD looks like when you select that mode. and for that matter ALL AMERICAN jets radar looks and works in a simialar - notice simialar fashion.

dumb it down for the game... there is more then enought info in that document to simulate the electrical - fuel - engines - avaionics - huds - symbols... what more do you need.. that will not be dumded down for the game in the long run.

ECCM will never happen in this game and this is also what that tac manaul would have. this is not need..... with the info in that document you could sim those jets in FS2004 or Falcon 4 or other sims very real like - with out that info....

cause once that classified info gets in there.. this game will not be on the market as it would jepordize the national security of that nations airforce and be off the shelfs in no time.

late

bloodystub

What is in a tactical manual that is not included here? obviously classified stuff, but genuinely curious.

Take a look at page 89 of the F-14D document linked above for a good list of what it does not contain.

Basically, the NATOPS manual contains enough information to create a Microsoft FS model - flight characteristics and navigations modes only, no combat systems.

-SK

The F-14 is out if the question since it has 2 seats, but the F-18 could be added in if the game supported AG radar. Of course there are other factors but i dont want to get into the details.

Actually, we're closer to being able to model the Tomcat than the Hornet - dual control code has already been trialled in Lomac, A2G radar never has ;)

As I understand it, the flight manual for the F15 contains information on the operation of the radar systems. ED do have an F15 flight manual.

The Hornet and Tomcat are flown by the USN, who do things slightly differently . . . . the manual that contains operation of the radar systems (which isn't necessarily classified) is the same manual that contains some very classified data. Like true data on the AMRAAM 'n stuff.

So the F15C is modelled more accurately than ED could ever model the Hornet - unless the USN elects to declassify excerpts from the manuals. Shrug.

If you know how the avionics work in one jet, and not another, just conjuring them out of thin air just isn't on. Especially not for an environment in which those two jets are competing . . . . and while the Lomac community doesn't seem to want every button to be clickable, I'd hope they want the avionics to be something at least close to real life. To do otherwise makes a mockery of it being a combat simulator.

Actually, we're closer to being able to model the Tomcat than the Hornet - dual control code has already been trialled in Lomac, A2G radar never has ;)
Flanker 2(.5?) had this for the Su-33 :p It was fun until I was told it didn't have that capability ;)

It was fun going for anti-ship strikes... finding them on A2G radar and then sending some Kh-35's their way :p

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

If you know how the avionics work in one jet, and not another, just conjuring them out of thin air just isn't on. Especially not for an environment in which those two jets are competing . . . .

Nobody has data on the AIM-120C whatsoever, yet it is still modelled, and in an environment where it competes with other missiles.

and while the Lomac community doesn't seem to want every button to be clickable, I'd hope they want the avionics to be something at least close to real life. To do otherwise makes a mockery of it being a combat simulator.

There are some people in LOMAC who can spend all the time they want in the Slammer NEZ and not get hit, while in RL the AIM-120C has proved a bit more effective than this ;)

Is Lock On a mockery?

Is every sim a mockery of a combat simulator?

sigzk5.jpg

i just love these threads :) Christmas is coming to us all isnt it , Santa Claus where are you when we need you!!

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

due to lockon being a competion, which missiles have all the information needed to model it? Which missiles are moddeled in the game and still have information that is classified and would help model the missile in the game? wouldnt this include most of the missiles. Where can u find this information like manuals and such? In my personal opinion i do beleive from all i hear, and other info that the AIM-20 is undermodeled.

due to lockon being a competion, which missiles have all the information needed to model it? Which missiles are moddeled in the game and still have information that is classified and would help model the missile in the game? wouldnt this include most of the missiles. Where can u find this information like manuals and such? In my personal opinion i do beleive from all i hear, and other info that the AIM-20 is undermodeled.

The point I was trying to make was that since most information is classified, some educated guessing of the capabilities of various military systems are inevitable ;)

Or the RL high pk of the AIM-120C could be proportional to the skill of the target.

...Or the PK of the AMRAAM/R-77 in online LOMAC games should be made as close as possible to the combat PK of the real AIM-120 - i.e. around 65%.

As I said before, some guessing, however undesirable, is inevitable, cause it's not possible to get everything declassified. Just look at IL-2; I think everything from that era is declassified at this point, and the devs still can't get everything right ;)

sigzk5.jpg