169th squadron server admins...

bflagg

I was ignored asking a simple..non argumentative question....

Could you please give an answer?

Why are kill messages hidden?

I honestly don't see the point...I would think it would promote some competition amongst players on who killed who..but that's gone on your box.

I could see it maybe if it was a squad on squad team match..but during a free for all?

(btw I thought someone blew me up...but I crashed ..as per the logs, but both times i crashed at 8k and 15k feet? and since there is no "kill notifications per se." ...you just don't know if someone popped you are was it a network glitch)

Thanks,

Brett

They are hidden because we like to fly in a real environment (as close as possible) and if you fire a missile at a guy and see that you killed him, you know he wont be trying to kill you anymore. But if you don't see a message isn't that much harder? We play on ACE settings, in real life you don't get a message in the sky saying you killed "Red Mig-29S with a 120" now do you? We know that this is just a game but some of us like to fly it kinda real.

If you crashed at 8k and 15k it is safe to say that you GOT shot down. Hopefully that answered your question.

• ED Team
They are hidden because we like to fly in a real environment (as close as possible) and if you fire a missile at a guy and see that you killed him, you know he wont be trying to kill you anymore. But if you don't see a message isn't that much harder? We play on ACE settings, in real life you don't get a message in the sky saying you killed "Red Mig-29S with a 120" now do you? We know that this is just a game but some of us like to fly it kinda real.

wtg 169

add a2g plz

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

good idea, but what happens when new players join the server and they start TKin cuz they are not aware of how to distinguish friend from foe ?

you wont be able to tell them that there shooting friendlys unless you look at the log everytime you/someone dies.

It has its good and bad points, it would be cool to not know who killed ya, but have it so that it shows up for a TK if thats possible ?

good idea, but what happens when new players join the server and they start TKin cuz they are not aware of how to distinguish friend from foe ?

you wont be able to tell them that there shooting friendlys unless you look at the log everytime you/someone dies.

It has its good and bad points, it would be cool to not know who killed ya, but have it so that it shows up for a TK if thats possible ?

Good point, but I and many others would rather get tk'ed then have the messages on the screen ALL the time.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

I agree that having it turned off is better than having it turned on, but i would rather not have to look at the scoreboard ( i never ever look at the scoreboard, good idea tho, but scoreboard goes off with the kill messages for realism) everytime i get whacked just to see if it was a tk or not, if there is a way, me personally would like to have a2a and a2g messages turned off, except when someone tks in a2a mode only, as if that happened on a2g, then the opposite side could have a fair idea where the person who just tked one of his ground units is.

but if it is possible only to display a2a TKs that would be the way to go, as it lets the TKer know he is doing wrong, and also lets clients know that someone just got Tked, and when a msg does show, it will only be a tk msg, so people can help the new person and give him an idea of when not to shoot, especially if he is popping up onscreen every 5 minutes :p

just my tuppence worth, but i fully agree to ave that shiat turned off, except what i just mentioned.

If what i mentioned isnt possible, maybe it could be quickly implemented in the upcoming 1.12 patch ? or even if it showed up on the tkers screen only, like you have just teamkilled such n such, but only displayed on the offenders screen, lets them know there playing for the other team and to stop it. I have no clue as to how hard it would be to filter out normal kills for TKs and to only display them...

but i spose blue on blue does happen IRL and there is no warning on there screens when they get TKd :D

but i do agree that all ace servers should have messages off, as i have seen myself readin kill msgs and chat text while i should be locking up someone etc etc, and it does get really bugging.

The other real good reason for team messages being disabled is because when on, they tell you exactly when and where an enemy aircraft has landed. Hence totally destroying any chance of being "sneaky" Also invites players to loiter near that airfield to pounce the pilot as they take off.

It is possible to tell who team killers are and they do get warned. Typically we give 2 warnings and the third time (in the same session) you will be asked to learn IFF elsewhere.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

It is possible to tell who team killers are and they do get warned. Typically we give 2 warnings and the third time (in the same session) you will be asked to learn IFF elsewhere.

cool, as i say, its better off than on, as it does cause what you say, as soon as they see a such n such has landed at wherever msg, if they know there way around the map and they are near that base, vulcher in bound, and if you dont see them before take off, and you have got fuel tanks or worse your in a 10 or 25, then as soon as your wheels have left mother earth, they be touching her again.

:icon_jook

Thanks for the reply Cali...

I play with Ace setting also (anything else is just an arcade)... and I see your point on this and

agree with it

As per Ice's statement above..wouldn't that be considered vulching and the appropriate admin enforcement take place at that time?

And if you guys don't mind....Is teamspeak a "must" for this sim online?

Sometimes I wonder if everyone is teamspeak by the way things go down...

Also..since you guys go for realism.. please consider the slight view modification that I propose at this thread

Thanks,

Brett

Yes its a must!

Not enough people use the TS servers! Only really the 'natives' and a handful of brave people will go on them. Whats the point of them being there when you spend half your time either flying alone or trying to type n fly all at once! :P

Its supposed to be a team game and you just cannot communicate enough by chat msg.

I think a lot of people would learn a lot from sqauds too.

Thanks for the reply Cali...

I play with Ace setting also (anything else is just an arcade)... and I see your point on this and

agree with it

As per Ice's statement above..wouldn't that be considered vulching and the appropriate admin enforcement take place at that time?

Also..since you guys go for realism.. please consider the slight view modification that I propose at this thread

Normally air defense would be around the base, but sometimes they don't like to play well in LO. I see nothing wrong with vulching, thats why there is AAA and SAMS.

Yes Teamspeak is a must! trying to fly alone or with typing messages to your team is to hard to do.

I'm sure Ice has already seen that thread you pointed too.