Hey BloodyStub I feel your pain

JonTex

Hey man I feel your pain bro for a long time now Ive gotten all bent out of shape about ED not modeling the Tomcat and they gave me the same answers. Its a 2 seater and the tac manuals are classified. So obviously everytime someone claimed they had the tac manuals or something that would provide enough info for these Naval aircraft to be modeled i.e F14 and F18 my heart literally jumped and I would just end up being let down. But then one day I was reading through the forums and came across an interesting post kind of took the fight out of me after I read it.

Rodrigo Monteiro aka Wsoul2k: Link - http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=11858&page=7

All this time I felt like they had ALL the info for these jets only to find out that much of the info on both these aircraft is still classified? Now if your me your feeling like you just got slapped in the face because isnt that the whole arguement to begin with. So basically they dont have all the data they NEED but they feel that they have enough to model these aircraft. And YES there was some guess work put into the F15 and A10 and probably all the other flyables in lomac but heres the kicker. They went out on a limb (so to speak) to model those jets IMHO because gee they are only modeled in how many other flight sims so how hard would it be to play follow the leader right ? Plus the fact its just easier to copy what has been proven to bring in money which is the bottom line and the point that I want to make. F14 hasnt been proven on the kill or be killed market of hardcore realistic flight simming. So ED isnt about to even try to model the tomcat because for one they would have to retool for the coding and two they cant copy anyone else. The F18 is a tradgedy and we all know it. But the bottom line there is if they did the Bug then everyone would be like O.K. cats out of the bag now you didnt have the Tac data for either of these aircraft and now the Hornet shows up. OK wheres the tomcat? So lets conclude.

1.Tomcat is not cost effective to ED and money is the bottom line so its dead in the water.

2.Hornet can be done but wont because you really cant have the hornet without the Tomcat after telling your community that Tac Data was the killing ground of both.

3.Think about it man this is a GAME and this is what reminds me to be civil. These same jets are the same ones that protect our country and if their secrets can be bought and sold upon a whim or moments notice in the national urgency of Eagle Dynamics' dire necessesity to have TOP SECRET information that Bin Laden, Sadam Hussein, and the whole of China wouldnt mind having access to so that they can accurately model a stinking F14 right down to the last MFD then why dont we just hand our troops and over to them at the same time with all our coordinated attack plans, IFF codes, Transponder codes, missle codes for ICBM's, Top Secret Authentication codes for nukes etc. Because in my oppinion thats where the line in the sand is drawn between reality and video game. And its spelled national security and if ED cant side step a few landmines to please their western consumers then maybe its time we move on because bottom line is they dont care.... they are making the money they want off of us and if im too dumb to stop buying their product until they consider my ideas and wants then I get what i pay for. Right?

Dude this is ED's polite but TACTICAL way of saying hell no. And by now Im used to it. We dont need jeopardize the integrity of our modern fighters and bombers and way of life to protect our country to play an accurate video game. It took me a long time of putting aside what I wanted to accept that answer but it fits. And now that I understand its not so bad I wouldnt want them having that info anyway. I dont want this post to sound bad so :D . I just had to set the record straight.

TEX out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, US Navy aircraft would rock, its not so much the TAC manual that they need but an edited declassified version with the interesting things that are ok to model. Things like MFD/HUD modes, what all the buttons do are cool. But getting such info is difficult without help or luck.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
I guess Northrop-Grumman, as a company which even tried to register a trademark for the term "stealth bomber", would be traditionally against putting those planes in the game and not paying for that! )))

they stopped ubi from putting in a grumman in pacific fighters, there was a model and everything if i recall, but lawyers got involved and the aircraft never got added, which is sickening, cuz its an aircraft from 60 years ago, nothing classified there.