CAT 5.12 water bug

SEAL172

Seem to have a very strange line in the water. Like only part of a shader is working with water set to high or very high. ATI x800xt cat 5.12. Anyone else getting this?

YES! i've had the same problem too, i'd be taking off near the ocean (in this case sochi-adler) and there would be a vertical line where the water stops getting rendered and looks monochrome :O this is also on an X800XT with 5.12 (now back on 5.11 since this)

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

dude, dont install them if they causing problems, its cool just leave the good drivers in. screenie isnt that important, i just asked cuz i thought you may of still been using the dodgy drivers, but no need to roll back for a screenie. nice of you to offer, but i wouldnt if someone asked me, maybe cuz nvidia is a pain in the ass to install and setup, but i wouldnt roll back for anyone just for a screenie.

cheers tho ;)

EDIT:

too late, while i was typin, you were screenieing :D

btw, ive had similar effects with my nvidias, not as extreme, but i would say 1/4 of what you see, i have had, maybe not as dark as well, but certainly the same but not to the same extreme. mines were overland, and it was like a constant shadow always at the same postion from the aircraft.

ty for posting screenies btw.

dude, dont install them if they causing problems, its cool just leave the good drivers in. screenie isnt that important, i just asked cuz i thought you may of still been using the dodgy drivers, but no need to roll back for a screenie. nice of you to offer, but i wouldnt if someone asked me, maybe cuz nvidia is a pain in the ass to install and setup, but i wouldnt roll back for anyone just for a screenie.

cheers tho ;)

EDIT:

too late, while i was typin, you were screenieing :D

btw, ive had similar effects with my nvidias, not as extreme, but i would say 1/4 of what you see, i have had, maybe not as dark as well, but certainly the same but not to the same extreme. mines were overland, and it was like a constant shadow always at the same postion from the aircraft.

ty for posting screenies btw.

np's, back onto 5.11's now, all back to as it should be :) makes me wonder though what they broke for this to happen, i wouldn't be surprised if it caused by all those other "fixes" to those oh so popular games like Tomb Raider and Tron etc.....

WHY does lockon never get any real support? i mean, they can break the textures and such, but what about actually making it run better?

Same here buddy, I got a ATI Radeon X800 XT (256mb).This even happens with the new Cat. 5.13

damn! thanks for heads up, i was just about to download the new drivers from ati.com, crap, hope i don't get stuck on 5.11.... i will not, repeat NOT use medium water for the sake of a busted driver!