RIP Jim Mackonochie

Wags

Yes, terribly sad. I bought the original Falcon on the Atari ST way back in the day ('89?). And I have bought every product Eagle Dynamics have made. So - even though I didn't know Jim - I owe him a debt of gratitude for countless hours of entertainment. I could never have been a fighter pilot, and Jim let me get as close to this dream as I'm ever likely to get.

He will be missed but his legacy will live on.

• Like 1

Jim ... May you live in the clear blue sky's forever! Rest Well My Friend! Thank you for everything you have done for ED and our community. May GOD comfort your family members and friends that you had to leave behind.

God Speed

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At least I had the fortunate opportunity to provide some good news to Jim when he was looking for reviews on Black Shark and I was able to forward him a very positive one in a Finnish gaming magazine. If only we could focus on rejoicing the life lived instead of mourning its end.

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

So sorry to hear, my condolences to the family and friends.

RIP

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

My condolences to his family & friends.

In the few dealings i had with him he came across as a kind and straight forward follow, a pleasure to work with.

Rest in peace.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

My condolences to his family the community has lost a great friend, RIP

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

My sincerest condolences to his family, all his friends, people that have personally known , and worked with him.

I feel very sorry.

He is really not someone that can be replaced in any kind of way... - I bet he was very proud to see that the offspring of a 'crazy idea' is still growing and thriving.

and in a outfit he seems to be more comfortable with :

And here is a obituary you may want to read:

>>> http://www.sailcontender.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=513:jim-mackonochie&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=63

Edited by PeterP