RIP Jim Mackonochie

Wags

My condolences for the family and friends.

An Airman Grace

Lord of thunderhead and sky

Who place in man the will to fly

Who taught his hand speed, skill and grace

To soar beyond man's dwelling place

You shared with him the Eagle's view

The right to soar, as Eagles do

The right to call the clouds his home

And grateful, through your heavens roam

May all assembled here tonight

And all who love the thrill of flight

Recall with twofold gratitude

Your gift of Wings, Your gift of Food.

RIP Jim.

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

To those of you commenting now, you are aware that this is a necroed thread? The original post is from 2013. @Fish, this is not news.

Thank you for raising this sensitive issue. I've been thinking the same thing the whole time...

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Yes, I really agree it's a sensitive issue. That's probably why no one has said anything. But I couldn't keep quiet any longer. There is nothing wrong with commemorating an anniversary of his death, but then you should acknowledge that that's what you are doing. Now, let Jim truly rest in peace.

I never met Jim, nor did I know him personally, but I knew what was in his heart. The man was like a father to me, as I’m sure he was to the rest of us in the community. In fact, I still have his picture sitting on my night stand. R.I.P Jim. You are sorely missed.

• 2 years later...

Gone, yet not forgotten

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this would you believe it.

I met Jim once very nice man with a drive for DCS.

Very sad to hear.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...