Aries Radio System

towsim

Going to give this a go for the first time today, do you have any idea when v2.0 will be released or nearly ready? Im not pressuring you, its just because if its next week, I will just wait for the most up to date version before I start the manual installation ;)

Cheers for your hard work

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not enough hydraulic oil on this world to put pressure on me. Therefore I would not specify any date to produce hydraulic oil. But some details:

• The next version will be V 1.928. Version 2.0 is stuck because of troubles with the remote panel (Android).Nevertheless, all version 2.0 functions, with the exception of the remote control, will be available in V 1.928.
  • We are in the final test phase and tune the background noise.
  • The documentation of the new function and features needs to be finalized.
  • The windows installer does not cover all possible user configurations of DSC and TeamSpeak. This becomes a pain in a certain body opening.

If all the open items are solved, we will release the product. So patience is the only way for the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep! Good luck. Keep it coming. Can't wait to see this working...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Today we did the final test with Aries Airborne Radio Version 1.930. Since we experienced no bugs anymore, we decided to release the new version on the coming weekend. Unfortunately, the Version 2.0 could not be finalized. But this impacts only the remote radio panel which would allow to control the radio from another computer, tablet PC or cell phone. All new features for voice communication will be available which are:

Radio Power Range

The maximum distance limited by radio transmitter power is set to 200 NM. In this version there is no difference between the radio types. Type specific power output will be implemented in version 2.0. The power degradation will start at 160 NM and is observed as increasing white noise,receiver interrupts and complete silence when out of range.

Horizon Line of Sight

For all communications, the location of the transmitter and the receiver is observed. If the line of sight is interrupted by the natural globe horizon. The receiver quality will be degraded.

Terrain Masking

An additional file containing the terrain elevations of the simulation area is included in the radio software. This allows to check the line of sight between transmitter and receiver, based on the terrain structure. You will experience radio interrupts and silence while flying low in valleys and canyons .

Radio voice quality

This effect simulates the reduction of audible quality in radio communication. Depending on the radio hardware, the human voice is limited to 8kHz sample rate. All frequencies above 8kHz are cut off. The audible effect for the listener is the absence of sibilants in the voice. All words containing 's' or 'th' are hard to recognize.In aviation radio communication therefore, some words are pronounced in a specific way for better recognition. The number '3'for example, is pronounced as 'tree' instead of 'three'.

White noise

Every radio used in aviation has an small amount of audible white noise. This can be clearly heard if only the PTT button is pushed.

Type specific Background noise

A small portion of the cockpit noise can be heard if someone transmits. Each type of vehicle has different engine noise and even different hiss caused by streaming air. Furthermore,the rotor blades of an helicopter or a propeller could be audible. Rotors and propellers cause even a vibration in the pilots voice.

IFF/SIF

The IFF/SIF mode 4 function is implemented in advance because of the coming radar application. Mode 4 causes an audible ping if it is interrogated by a radar ground station.

If someone experienced troubles with the installation process, don't hesitate to e-mail us via support@ariescon.com or by posting your questions here in this thread.

Edited by towsim
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantastic news!

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi towsim, did you also solved the Ka-50 issue? do you think that we could test it ? :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Dear users,

version 1.930 of Aries Airborne Radio is published on the Aries web site http://www.ariescon.com/.

There are three packages available on the download page:

AriesWingsRadio1.930.zip

contains a windows installer and the Quick Installation Guide

AriesRadioManualInstallation1930.zip

For those, who experience troubles with the windows installer. The package includes the Manual Installation Guide and all necessary files.

AriesWingsRadioCommunication.pdf

The latest documentation for version 1.930. may be, that some items are missing. If you find something, pleas report it.

If you upgrade from an earlier version, please safe your AriesAirborneRadio.ini from DCS World\AriesWings. The installer tries to save it, but it is not sure how it reacts on the very old versions.

As said before, please report all troubles to support@ariescon.com or post it in this thread.

Thank you for your patience...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Mein Held!" :D ...to the download page, quick!

Shagrat

@chromium

sorry for answering late. To be honest, the bug was not reproducible. But I did an extensive evaluation to find a reason for it. The result was, that even other types received on all frequencies in a cold and dark cockpit. To avoid such a situation, I switch all new vehicles in a defined "OFF" condition when they enter the game. I admit, that is pocking around. But from the logical point of view (whatever logical means), it should solve the situation.

@shagrat

I appreciate such responses. But the sequence should be first testing then being enthusiastic or frustrated. Nevertheless, thank you...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, even if it's buggy it is a progress? More realism and immersion... bugs can always be corrected. And it's a lot if time and sweat you guys put into this tools for all of us. :notworthy:

Shagrat

definitively :)

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Downloading now

posted a link to this thread at the Israeli community forum - lets see the benefits and how to implement to our use

thanks to developers for the effort and time:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

@chromium

sorry for answering late. To be honest, the bug was not reproducible. But I did an extensive evaluation to find a reason for it. The result was, that even other types received on all frequencies in a cold and dark cockpit. To avoid such a situation, I switch all new vehicles in a defined "OFF" condition when they enter the game. I admit, that is pocking around. But from the logical point of view (whatever logical means), it should solve the situation.

We had the same problem with helos already started, I will speak to Flanker to undestand if he could help you, maybe: for sure I think that we will give a try to understand if this workaround is working :)

@shagrat: sadly it can't be if this problem couldn't find a solution, cause you stay in the same room with 10-15 pilots that speaks freely cause they are on their frequencies.. while you ear everyone. I really hope that in a future he will be able to reproduce the issue and solve it.

ChromiumDis.png

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

We will need to test it. If so, I'll let you know asap!

ChromiumDis.png

First feedback:

Installed with Windows Installer using admin rights - all OK imcluding export script

Teamspeak client-plugin is available, menu shows etc. Problem for first use. I guess it would be nice to be able to access the comms quality GUI while not in the SIM, as well. Currently you need to be inside an aircraft in the SIM to show the settings panel. Is it possible to do this configuration while in the "lobby", also?

First test was ok. After that I played around in Singleplayer with the panel positioning and scale. When I was in pause mode and hit ESC to call the menu to quit, I had a Crash of the Sim back to the DCS launcher/ME! Need to try if this is reproducable...

Shagrat

Well, even my fellow pilots nudged me to make the dialog available outside a running scenario. I will keep that in mind for the next update. If you find out the way to safely crash the simulation, let me know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]