Aries Radio System

towsim

Aires Transmit system

Trying to get setup to use Aires properly, but under my current setup I have an issue.

I use VAC Voice Control and Voice activation in TS and Aires (Toggle between two different microphones and muting) which works fine when talking on TS Servers that only need voice activation to transmit, but on some TS servers (AEF Squadron) users are forced to use Push to Talk (PTT) to transmit. This was not a problem with just TS and VAC, as TS will work with both Voice Detection or PTT button, but with aires you can only use Voice Detection or PTT.

Question is can this be changed in aires config to support Voice and a common PTT button to work the same as in TS itself, that by default it will use Voice activated transmit, but if forced to use PTT then use the common PTT transmit button.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several combinations possible:

TS with PTT + Aries with PTT

Select PTT in TS. In the Aries configurator (ARD) select the buttons, you want to use as PTT and/or box select. The TS-PTT button is ignored by Aries. Aries uses only the buttons from its internal configuration.

TS with VAC + Aries with VAC

Activate VAC in TS and select 'Voice Activation' in the ARD. The defined PTT buttons are used then as box select only.

TS with VAC + Aries with PTT

Activate VAC in TS and deactivate'Voice Activation' in the ARD. Select the buttons, you want to use as PTT and/or box select. This configuration uses VAC in TS if you are off game and normal PTT and/or box select in Aries during a game.

As far as I know, the TS PTT configuration is completely independent of the TS server. The entire logic is generated in the TS clients.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

In our squad we have discovered an issue with the FW-190D, the Aries software and Team Speak antispam-flood mechanism.

It´s a little bit difficult to explain but i will do my best with my poor english.

A feature on the Dora is that the battery isn´t enough to feed with electrical power all systems by it´s own. The initial battery charge is enough to turn on the systems, start the engine and only for a couple of minutes, feed with electrical power all systems with the RPM at idle below 1200 RPM.

If you don´t do anything and let the RPM below 1200 enough time the battery gets discharged and the radio turns off, so the Aries box.

When you move the throttle over 1200 RPM, the generator now is feeding the plane with energy and the radio starts working again, the same the Aries radio box.

Now the problem.

If you let the battery get depleted on ground in MP ( in SP it seems to recharge ), no matter how many times you run over 1200 RPM, the battery did not recharge and if you let the throttle below 1200 RPm the radio turns off the same for Aries radio box BUT...... Team Speak understands this behaviour at idle as a spam attack and the anti flood rules of the server bans the client for a couple of seconds.

The behaviour inside cockpit in this situation is a continuous ON-OFF situation ( dozen times per second ), the client is unable to retake control on both Aries and DCS because the temporary ban in TS and the electrical system gets broken. The Revi reflex sight starts blinking, the red master arm lights starts flashing and nothing can stop this situation. Only exiting DCS and closing TS, waiting the ban time after to be able to enter again TS server could fix it.

One solution is adjusting the anti flood - spam filters of the TS server but i want to know if by the Aries side software could be another solution with the batery-generator-Aires behaviour, or ED Team could take a look about how the batery did not get recharged in flight in MP ( in SP if you stay a time over 1600 RPm the batery recharges itself but in MP no matter the time you are flying, always the radio is OFF at idle.)

Thanks,

I don´t know if this issue would be posted in FW-190D9 section or not but because this interferes with Aries i think is a good place.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

At the moment, the signal 'Radio powered' or 'Radio off' is received from the simulator, the selected frequencies of the radios are published to all other TeamSpeak clients. If the situation comes up, that the radio experiences fluctuating power then a message is generated with every power change. The only solution I see is, that this type of message is controlled in a way, that only every 3 secondsa power on is accepted. The player would notice a power downimmediately. A power up would be effective after 3 second s only.This reduces the published messages to an acceptable amount. I will integrate this function for the next release.

Thank you for the report

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aries Crew, this is an Awesome Tool thank you for the time and the patients with us. I had troubles with TARS, and it was good stuff too, I'll miss it, but It's business ya know.

Been having trouble with this also but I'm about get it figured out. When all the dust settles and all the updates stop updating or slow down, I plan to implement the TGP snap shot.

Is it possible to change the TGP snapshot file name with the MGRS and time.

I'm thinking like:

38TNM1234512345_14365130433.bmp <MGRS_Year,day of year, hour(24), minute, second>.

For use during mission planing, Data cards, Prefer the MGRS for CDU entry with out all the conversions. or what ever is selected for display I suppose there may be some one out here that uses L/L.

Perhaps this could go on a wish list some where?

Edited by spokejocky
Proof reading after I submit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

@spokejocky

The name of the snapshot file is used only to give a rough orientation and to avoid overwriting older air pictures. So the name, in principle, can be any what. But some considerations:

The only available coordinate is always the coordinate of the plane. The coordinate of the location the TGP shows, is unfortunately not available. Unless anybody knows how to suck it from DCS. If you are 20 NM away from the object, the use of this coordinate makes no sense.

If the object coordinates would be available, I could only use Lat/Long. The conversion to UTM would require a query from the DLL back to DCS. This becomes complicated under runtime conditions.

Date and time is already in the name. But I have to admit it is in time_t format, the seconds since 1/1/70.This is not that readable for normal users. On the other hand, the file time can be read with every file browser.

A change to the naming could be done, since it is not so much work and it is Christmas soon. But I would ask for a consistent conceptwhich is accepted commonly. In any case, I am open for suggestions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Towsim

I kind of figured the TGP coordinate display might not be accessible, Oh well. Lets not hyJack this thread with that. I'm thinking we just add improvements to this later. I read about this in the Aries manual while trying to get the radio working.

My issues are consistent but my procedures have been all jacked up. I read all 660 posts to fix my methods and took notes, basically what I got out of it was to fresh install DCS 1.2.12, TS 3.016 and Aries 1.955(manually) using admin rights for every thing. and disable the antivirus (I'm not convinced I'm stopping Norton).

The manual1.955pack.zip seems not to have a Manual install guide but rather a quick Install guide. I'm not sure what to do in the registry after placing the files and folders, I have an old manual install guide but it don't jive with the zipped files.

If you'd insure the manual pack download has in it what you really want in there, then I have nothing else to try but fresh DCS and Quick Install as the not-so-manual didn't help me.

I know this works, I seen it and its really cool, at some point I had no Idea what my lead was telling me during start up, so I'll cry about that after I get this working again.

I love how this works so well for everyone else..hahahahahh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Excuse my ignorance if I am wrong, but when you export the TGP video, does it not include the overlaid data?

If it is included, don't forget that the co-ordinates are displayed there - admittedly only in the form of an image.

Not trying to teach granny to suck eggs, but maybe you've overlooked that?

Not trying to teach granny to suck eggs, but maybe you've overlooked that?

No, Your correct, the image I've no doubt will be there after I open the file to see if this is the one in my proposed path. I'll set my L/L to MGRS and take the shot followed by 20 some others(hopefully).

I've had to suck many-a-egg in my day sonny..hahahah

I was trying to avoid opening all those files. Ya see I could filter for 38T34???18???_I4230*.bmp. All I see now in the list is targets in that box in the year 2014 on the 230th day. now I can make a smarter mission plan before the targets drive away, and archive the week old ones,

again I have bigger fish to fry(more on that after tonight), I can't take the pic if I wanted to at the moment Sooo. The way the naming stands works fine for now, and later we can make it better. This is a very useful device and I for one plan to use it. Good stuff guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

all seems to be working again after:

uninstalling:

DCS

TeamSpeak

Aries

Tacview

Reboot

Norton registry flusher (no evidence to suggest this did anything for me)

Norton with firewall off, web protect off, silent mode

Re-enstall with Admin rights on all

DCS, (no _Mod/JGSME) 1.2.1

TeamSpeak 3.016 (64b)

Aries (not even Opened the Com Quality tool I assume its all default) 1.955 (Quick Install)

Tacview 1.2.8

Reboot

Norton back on the perch

I have yet to add JGSME and the _Mods folder, and later I'll booger with comm's quality. I'll need this to run with out issues for a few days to prove I've overcome my past issues.

Others that were in the TS room that were not in a pit could here me, though me not them(as expected). They could here the comm's quality and thought that was pretty cool, we may have some new DCS'ers on the way.

So long as I Mic Aft to set the dial to INT, I could shift+Mic forward and rearm, I turned Aries volume all up, and checked the Volume panel in the pit all dials were full clockwise (volume Up), I was able to AAR so long as I Mic forward to set dial to VHF, then shift+Mic Forward to "ready pre contact" the fus is to check that dial and be sure the volume's are not set to low when entering the pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We stumbled upon a major issue regarding the internal allocation of entities and are working on a solution. We hope to have a working testversion ready by mid next week. Thanks for your understanding and helping us with your reports, these help a lot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

All works most brilliantly. Forgoing the yellow box, I can trigger again to close the popup, it saves the file fine, I press trigger and get a new shot then trigger to close and save. (this not stated in the manual that I could find).

MGRS as expected showed up fine, we will need to discus file name at some time though.

This is with a quad monitors with Lilliputs, the setup was real easy, and taxed no gigs.

This has been lots of fun to work with.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8skSfT-PBecaU40bUk4OWFxa3M&authuser=0

By the way, I was able to save the shots by changeing Storage=.\AriesWings in to Storage=D:\Aries_TGP_Snap_Shots, Oh, and the Default will put them in C:\Program Files\..\DCS World\AiresWings

Edited by spokejocky
Storage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any eta on the next update guys? We have quite few members having serious issues with Aries (total loss of comms/loss of PTT functionat the moment, mainly related to the Eavesdropper issues that have been mentioned before.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

As Leto stated in a post before, we found a serious mismatch in the client management because of a misinterpretation of the internal DCS target IDs. This is solved meanwhile and we need a short beta phase to be sure about the results. Furthermore , we prepare the communication and data management for the radar applications. We planned initially to deliver the next version with the radar interface ready.This is postponed to January as version 1.970.Version 1.960 is planned forDec. 22. as long as no troubles come up. The version has the following bugs repaired:

• Stable radio client connection if more than 10 clients are up in a session.
  • Joystick and other devices are safely recognized.
  • Client information in the TeamSpeak window now shows the gamer information even for 'off game' clients.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok thanks.

We have a few guys who are pretty much unable to fly at the moment due to issues with Aries so the next version, which I hope will fix the issues (all already discussed afaik) and make it all work well again.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Towsim,

I installed a 30 inch Dell monitor today. Upon loading single player or multiplayer missions with Aries enabled (i.e. connected via Export.lua), upon unpausing, DCS crashes 100% of the time. Switching back to the older 24 inch, no problem whatsoever.

With Aries disabled (i.e. disconnected via export.lua) the 30 inch works fine as well.

I'm completely at a lost. An Aries re-install was attempted to no avail. Fullscreen and Windowed mode were both attempted. All results in DCS crashing.

Monitors: 5 (1x Dell 3011, 2x Dell 2005FPW, 2x Lilliput USB monitors).

I've been running a 5 monitor configuration forever with no problem. Again, DCS works fine on the 30 inch with Aries disconnected. Quite literally, the only thing that has changed is the resolution of the new monitor.

Ideas? (logs attached)

Dojo Logs.zip

Edited by Dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me is the same if I´M NOT RUNNING TS.

I have a DCS crash when ARIES ON in the export.lua without TS running.

I don´t have a crash if my TS is ON.

So every time when i want to play SP i turn OFF Aries in the Team Speak Export ON-OFF function.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Sorry Dojo. i´ve thought it was the same problem.

Very strange a crash related to a screen model

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Export.lua

I have updated all DCS, TeamSpeak, and Aries software with a clean install of TeamSpeak. I can not get Aries to turn off in TeamSpeak. When I go into Plugins and click Export.lua entry on/off, the connect button is not available to press. Is something missing or am I doing something wrong?

@dojo

On the first look (DCS-20141219-004740.crash) it seem to be an Open GL issue. It could be, that your new monitor has a different pixel resolution than the old one. This is a new situation for Open GL. I am not sure, whether all older Open GL driver support all the new pixel formats. DCS runs with DirectX while Aries Radio creates a Open GL graphics window. This would underline the situation, that DCS runs perfect without Aries Radio (without Open GL). The only advice for the moment would be to look for the latest graphics driver for your graphics adapter. A new driver usually could contain a better Open GL support. If another cause is the reason, I would recommend to wait to Dec. 22nd. We will publish a new version at this date, which has a lot of bugs repaired.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Ski1106

At the moment, the dialog opens (Export.lua on/off), it is tested whether Export.lua is available. It bases on an information from the registry.My advice would be to check the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AriesWings

There should be an entry 'DCSsavedGames'.The standard path you find there could be:

C:\Users\[user name]\Saved Games\DCS

If you complete the path with '\Scripts\export.lua' you get the path:

C:\Users\[user name]\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\export.lua.

Check, whether export.lua really resides at this location. If not then you have the reason. In the latter case, please contact me on support@ariescon.com. I will check your installation to find a solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have updated all DCS, TeamSpeak, and Aries software with a clean install of TeamSpeak. I can not get Aries to turn off in TeamSpeak. When I go into Plugins and click Export.lua entry on/off, the connect button is not available to press. Is something missing or am I doing something wrong?

I got the same problem and I solved it executing TS with Administrator rights. Don't ask me why it is needed though.