Aries Radio System

towsim

@baltic_dragon, we had one of our newest member having problems last night with Aries not registring the PTT button, even though TS did.

We remapped the PTT in Aries control panel but didn't solve. Eventually he ran through the fix Dojo posted in #732 and then it worked(http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2284286&postcount=732)

Cheers

Hans

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Baltic_dragon

We observed a similar error during development tests. It is probably caused by a “ghost rider”. A ghost rider is a function with erratic behavior. It overwrites data anywhere in memory . The target location depends on your personal memory layout. Therefore it causes different effects on different computers. In version 1.973 we have a known error in the horizon calculation which behaves like a ghost rider. As I wrote in a previous post, disable the horizon calculation in the communication quality dialog.In addition you should disable the protocol creation in the configurator. If it does not help, follow HMA’s suggestion to reinstall the software from the scratch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Towsim,

Would it be possible to disable terrain mask and range by default for Gossipbox users? We usually tend to control more then one airport, range or perform different functions (JTAC, AWACS and so on) and changing location is not very easy.

Right now we have terrain mask and range switched off but that kind of kills the immersion...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Hello! We in TMS squad have problems with wrong numbers of buttons on many devices in Aries. I mean for example Windows shows pressing button #8, TS detect #8 too, but Aries detect #7. It's repeats on one Gamepad (unknown) and three Gametrix Control Engine of 4 players and always Button-1. We fix it with SVMapper, but probably you can check joys buttons response in Aries, please? Thats why they have to hold 2 buttons (TS activate + PTT select) i speak about in PM.

Thanks for great work and support!

Edited by Chichco

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Я не читаю Чижей и прочий зоопарк..

@Chichco

The button number is a display issue only. All vendors start the numbering with 1 but internally the numbering starts with 0. They are afraid, that the users could be confused if they see the number 0 for a button. The numbering you see in the configurator comes directly from Direct Input and these numbers are expected by Direct Input if a device is installed. So actually, no translation is required. You can test this, if you select the fire button of a joy stick. The fire button is standardized the public number 1. But it is internally handled as button 0. And this is what you see in the configurator.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A combination I would assume is, that Common PTT was activated. In this case the ‘PTT + select Radio Box 1, 2 and 3’ act as radio select only. To start a transmission you have to select the radio first (the yellow LED is on) then push the button to talk you have defined for common PTT.

Another possibility is, that Voice Activation was selected accidently in the configurator, but not in TeamSpeak. In this case, manual PTT is not recognized and the entire transmission is suppressed.

I hope, it is not a Cyrillic character set issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@effte

Aries radio is not server dependent. Only the clients must have Aries installed. This applies to TS Servers and Game servers.

I know. I was hoping for a server where the TS server policy is to run Aries. No such luck?

To all Aries user,

during the tests of our internal beta versions we found a bug, which could be the source of instability and bad receiver quality on short distances. The horizon calculation has a bug in angular calculations. Since the horizon limitation is not that important for the simulation, we recommend to switch off the horizon feature in the communication quality dialog until a new version is available. It would help us if the users, who had stability troubles, would report here in if ‘horizon off’ enhances the stability.

Sorry…

Towsim, just to be sure - I disable it in the comm quality dialog box that I can only open whenever I am in the pit with my radios on? And I have to do it every time I jump in the pit (enabling game master mode before)?

After doing that I've been running for more than 2hrs and the problem did not reappear. I will make few more tests tonight.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I don't understand, I re-installed Aries, and there is no 'Horizon' anywhere, so I can't shut off what I can't find. What am I missing? btw, I really wanted to wait for the next version, but thought I would go for try #4. But, this fix thing of turning off Horizon feature had me interested, but sad, again, I just don't see what you guys said to do.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

To describe it more clear:

After a mission start a dialog is available in the TeamSpeak menu:

• Plugins/Aries Radio/Radio Communication Quality
  • Push the ‘Game Master’ button to get the control over the quality setting.
  • Unpush the ‘Horizon’ button in the lower row
  • Push the ‘Send’ button to publish the new configuration.

The handling of the quality dialog is described in detail in the Radio User Manual on page 25.

Unfortunately you have to do it for every new mission start. The horizon Bug is already solved in our internal version 1.974. Even the quality configuration is stored so, that it needs not to be repeated for every mission start. Version 1.974 is already delivered to our beta testers.If no issues come up for the rest of the week, we will deliver this version as bug release next week.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Towsim, any update on that? Any way I can manually force it to use front left, front right or center channel custom for each radio 1,2,3? I'll be playing this weekend.

@Shamandgg

I just had a look to the channel distribution. In theory it could be possible, that the 5.1 setting could have a strange channel configuration. On the other hand, we have users with 5.7 setting, without any problem. I will try to setup 5.1 in my environment. Then I will see.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hi Towsim, any update on that?

He set up a 5.1 setting and I gave him the "S&M" from Metallica... he quit software development and learns E-Guitarre now :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

I stopped playing E-Guitar already 1971 when my kids were born. The reason was the music scene at this time and later and the order of my wife. It made me cry. Instead of playing my guitar I started software development. It is not that noisy. But back to 5.1. I cannot produce the error in my development environment. It all works fine, even with 5.1 settings. So I am a bit lost for this bug…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm new to this tool but managed to get it installed and it appears to work correctly.

The issue I'm having is that the keyboard buttons that I have defined to work when in CA don't.

I can F10 to the map and use the mouse to change frequencies but when in game in a CA vehicle the keys that I mapped for this purpose are not working.

I used keys 1 through 0 on the qwerty keyboard (not numpad). I did save the profile. I'll attach a screen shot when I get a chance.

Likely some noob issue on my part but I understand that registering keyboard commands is specifically needed when in a CA vehicle since CA grabs the mouse so you can't change the frequencies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Sorry for being such a noob but I don't follow.

I'm using a Warthog HOTAS to select the different radios and the lights turn on with each press. Which I assume means I've selected the radio (because the light turned on).

So I can switch between them ok.

Is that what you mean by selecting the radio?

I read in an earlier post that I should first select an Aircraft before selecting a CA vehicle - is that something I should do?

Running the lastest DCS World Version 1.2.14.36041 and Win 7 64 bit with Teamspeak 3.0.14 64 bit.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates