Aries Radio System

towsim

Hi towsim,

thanks a lot for this quick answer.

I understand the emitter energy is not implemented for know, the rest is working fine for me so thanks again for this software.

I do concur with your stated observation about the three steps of communication quality as I regularly heard them in my ACC.

The terrain profile and horion works pretty well in Aries, so that's already an awesome feature :)

I will be looking forward the implement of the emitter power in Aries with great excitment

and if you need any help writting done some power disipation equations, do not hesitates to contact me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi towsim and first of all, thanks for your radio plug-in ;)

been testing it for a while now with some friends, and followed the instructrions stated in the manual, but we're encountering one issue that is quite anoying.

If ever one of us gets splashed during the mission and has to retab, he loses the ability to communicate with every other players even if on the same radio chan. Even, when flying again the radio does not get operative.

We've been looking into your faq and in the forums, but it seems we're using the plugin as intended.

Is there something that could cause this issue to come up and that we may be doing wrong ?

The aircrafts we're using are the A-10C and razbam's 2000C.

Hoping you can help me figure this out so we can keep up enjoying it :)

Thanks by advance;)

@John-John

Hi John-John,

I just tested this situation for the Black Sea version and for NTTR. The reported behavior could not be observed. The normal change to another aircraft and the change after an aircraft crash worked normal. Therefore, I assume a misunderstanding in the configuration or the handling. The only way to find the reason is to inspect the log files. Please do the following to create the required session logs:

• All participants, make sure, that the protocol application is not active (inspect the taskbar for an application with the Aries logo). If it is active, please close it.

• All participants, start TeamSpeak as normal. The protocol application is started automatically in the background.

• Start a DCS server or login onto a DCS server of your choice.

• You should be in contact with all participants in the common TeamSpeak channel.

• All participants, enter the aircraft of your choice.

• Unpause the mission

• Set the briefed frequency in your radio box and do a radio check.

• Now crash one of the manned aircraft.

• From the DCS screen, select a new aircraft and start it

• Set the briefed frequency in your radio box and do a radio check.

If the bug (no contact) appears, make a note for the following checks:

• Does the blue carrier light in TeamSpeak come up when you depress PTT?

• Do the other participants notice the blue light in their TeamSpeak when you depress PTT ?

• Do you see the green carrier light on the Aries Panel when you depress PTT?

• Do the other participants notice the green carrier light on their Aries Panels when you depress PTT ?

Send the following log files to my support address support@ariescon.com:

C:\Program Files\AriesWings\PRCL\ApplicationData\Aries_Session_Protocol.html

C:\Users\[user]\Saved Games\[DCS installation]\Logs\dcs.log

I will inspect the log files an try to find the reason for this behavior.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi towsim, and thanks for your answer :)

we've been conducting the tests you mentionned above and came to the conclusion that we only encountered this bug only with razbam's 2000C and not with the A-10C. After one of us (2000C users) got to retab he would get the combox VHF frequency set to 00.000 in manual mode.

When pressing the preset "P" key on the combox, then both UHF and VHF displayed in the aircraft wouldn't be the ones received by TS. For example, if my default VHF and UHF chans on preset 1 were 129.000 and 251.000, TS set me to the 137.000 and 266.000 (which are the default preset 20 freq). Thus I had to select both UHF and VHF default presets "2" to be able to communicate with my friends stayed on default presets "1". This may explain why I was unable to communicate with them after one of us got to retab, simply because I was picking the "wrong" freq presets.

On the other hand, I tried to manually switch on my aircraft radio panel (razbam 2000C) the U/VHF manual / preset mode selector to "M" (manual) then back to "P" (preset) then switch to another preset frequency and back to the first one, and I got to communicate successfully with my pals on both VHF and UHF frequencies.

Beyond this clumsy bug report, do you need our dcs.log and Aries_Session_Protocol.html (this last file which by the way i do not have, whereas my friends do) to help you to detect what could cause this issue ?

Best regards,

@John-John

Just did the test under the described conditions and can now confirm a bug. If the Mirage is reentered after a crash, it experiences a frequency mess up. I did not find the reason up to now. It will be solved with the next release together with the F-5E support. Since I can reconstruct the situation, your log files are not needed.

Sorry…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi towsim and thanks for your answer,

I'm glad you could confirm the bug we encountered despite that pitiful bug report I wrote ;)

And don't be sorry for this issue, my guess is that razbam 2000c seems to be the one which causes it to happen, since no other aircraft we have tested encountered this bug.

Moreover, we do enjoy your plug-in which works smoothly and gives us this extra touch of realism we were looking for, so thanks for that and for the huge amount of work it must have requested :)

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot make any estimate for the moment. Since I will start in my new full time job as ATC coach next week, I am busy with my facility rating which I have to finalize in a given time period. When this is done, I will make a new time schedule.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

me and a friend cannot get this working for love nor money in DCS 1.5.6.

Neither of us get any Aries UI when in game.

Teamspeak just shows "Aries Radio info:"Cain" as OffGame

No active frequency set."

Using an old version of teamspeak which says its compatible.

How is this thing supposed to work? tried simple radio which was fine but need to have the proper degredation effects otherwise there's no point.

So, what I found out so far:

With the latest version, TeamSpeak changed the entire directory structure for plugins, which is not compatible any longer with Aries Radio. Even the API internals have changed. Since the TeamSpeak API manual is as thick as the cookbook for hot water, it would take too much time for the moment to convert the software to the latest version.

Sorry…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cheers for the snappy response Towsim, that was quick.

Not having a problem with the TS version, have reverted back to an older one with the same old plugin file structure (3.0.19.4) which aries seems to get on with.

It says it's connected to DCS world, it gives us both our status in the teamspeak description.

But no GUI/Radio panel shows up for either of us. My buddy did manage to mute himself and showed some frequencys selected via the TS3 description after using gossipbox but just can't get aries to do anything similar.

Any ideas how one might get ahold of a complete package to get this working in this day and age?

As I said, I've tried a version of TS3 with the compatible API and Plugin file structure however couldn't find a version of appscanner to go along with.

Would love to get this working, just keep hitting roadblocks trying to get all the right pieces of archived software together.

is there a specific version I should use?

Edited by Sadist_Cain

Any ideas how one might get ahold of a complete package to get this working in this day and age?

As I said, I've tried a version of TS3 with the compatible API and Plugin file structure however couldn't find a version of appscanner to go along with.

Would love to get this working, just keep hitting roadblocks trying to get all the right pieces of archived software together.

is there a specific version I should use?

I am having the same problem. If you figure anything out. Let me know.

-B

Hi guys,

I am sorry for answering that late. I am bound to the Weekends for private activities. If you you have troubles with the current version, please have a look to the following directories:

C:\Program Files\AriesWings\PRCL\ApplicationData

And to the Directory, where you started the Installer. Both directories contain a HTML log file. If cannot find a logical reason in the reports, you may mail the log files to support@ariescon.com. I will have a look to it.

Sorry…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]