FC 1.11 bugs . btns not working

DaveRindner

I am fairly certain that there are non-functioning command bugs in FC 1.11. All the commands listed below do not work regardless of what hotkey is assigned to it.

Radio Commands (mapped to "\") Simply does not work.

ScreenCapture (mapped to "SysRq") does not work.

External lights. cannot be turned off (SU25T)

Drogue shoot (mapped to "P') 60% of time it deployes and releases the chute simutaneously with a single P keypress (SU25T only, no problems with other aircraft)

Tire shredding inconsistency(SU25T).

During departure fully loaded the rotation speed is 260 Km/h, weight off wheels at 270-280 Km/h. There is no problem with tire shreddng.

However during recovery with following touchdown parameters; speed 250 Km/h, VS -2 or -3, dirty config(airbrakes out, flaps in landing pos.), no stores, fuel 50% the tires shred almost immidiatly after touchdown. I do not care what ED sas, that is onconsistent, and is a bug. It needs to be addressed!

What happened to fuel dump feature?

DaveR

I am fairly certain that there are non-functioning command bugs in FC 1.11. All the commands listed below do not work regardless of what hotkey is assigned to it.

Radio Commands (mapped to "\") Simply does not work.

ScreenCapture (mapped to "SysRq") does not work.

External lights. cannot be turned off (SU25T)

Drogue shoot (mapped to "P') 60% of time it deployes and releases the chute simutaneously with a single P keypress (SU25T only, no problems with other aircraft)

everything here listed works.

Radio commands work with # key (UK keyboard)

Screenshots are taken via the screenshot/sysRq key and are saved in the screenshots folder

External lights in the 25T go from Off-Continous-Flashing-Off with the Shift-L key

Drogue chute works when used within parameters.

Tire shredding inconsistency(SU25T).

The 25T is a heavy machine, taxi at 20km/h or less and make your turns slow and gentle.

During departure fully loaded the rotation speed is 260 Km/h, weight off wheels at 270-280 Km/h. There is no problem with tire shreddng.

However during recovery with following touchdown parameters; speed 250 Km/h, VS -2 or -3, dirty config(airbrakes out, flaps in landing pos.), no stores, fuel 50% the tires shred almost immidiatly after touchdown. I do not care what ED sas, that is onconsistent, and is a bug. It needs to be addressed!

Again this is not a bug. I would re-examine your landing technique if this keeps happening. Welcome to the wonderful world of Advanced Flight Model.

What happened to fuel dump feature?

DaveR

It still works. Ctrl - R I believe.

Nope. It does not work

Nope the radio menu does not come up with regardless of what hotkey is assigned to it. Simply does not work. Its a no brainer.

Lights. CNTL-L does not turn them off. Neither does SHIFT-L. Actually no button keypress combination works. The function does not even appear in Input section of Options. Are you guys using FC 1.11 version. Perhaps it works fine in FC 1.1. I recall it was working fine for me in LOMAC. Only when I updated to 1.11 did all these problems began. I've tried clean install from CD then update several times. No change.

There are other issues which are contrary to what ED is saying about FC 1.11. For example, they claim that with 1.11, Starforce protection only checks the CD once a week. From my experience, that claim is false. My 1.11 checks CD every time I launch the app, and will not work without the CD in the drive every time.

Tire shredding. I do flare, and keep nose high during touch down. My touchdown speed is 250, flaps in full deployement, VS -2. Thats pretty consistent. Sence neither the nose gear tire, nor the main gear tire shreds during departure speed of 270-280, why should they shred at recovery speed of 250 or less? Advanced flight model is great, but thats an inconsistency that I beleive is a bug.

Yes 1.11 here and no problems, especially the ones you mention. screenies, lights and tyres all fine.

With you comments about functions not appearing in the options page and that the CD checks constantly it sounds like there is something wrong with your install, a curruption somewhere. I would try a fresh install and patch with a newly downloaded 1.11 patch.