DCS UH-1 and Multiplayer.

Raised_Dead85

How is UH-1 be implemented in multiplayer? Are servers going to require for SAR before entering into another aircraft or this even possible?

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

Well the gunship Hueys will obviously be killing things on the ground.

Anyone that takes a transport Huey though can pretend they're transporting VIPs or the President or something and dart in and out of mountains and scream things like "Hold on, sir! We're going down!" when a Flanker inevitably sniffs you out and shoots you down. I know that's what I'll be doing.

Seems like UH-1 will be shredded by Mobile or stationary Anti-Air. Not capable for AA suppression so majority servers would probably have standard ground forces and less of fighter aircraft. SU-25s, A-10s, and the shark are going to be include but those aircraft can shoot them out of the sky easily.

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

It'll be implemented however you want it to. At least with the stuff I have in mind it is a nice compliment to the Ka-50 for most helicopter ops.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

While we don't know how exactly how I will be setup in MP, I know I'm gonna be having a lot of fun flying it. While yes I will admit, that if you fly it the same as the shark, or go up against AAA positions you are going to come of worse.

However, that's not how she should be flown. Safest place is going to be down low in the weeds, use The contors of the ground to mask you and get in and out quick. If you are going into a location with heavy AAA, then you team up with gunships or A10 who can take the AAA out before you get there and prep the LZ.

If you're carring cargo and get jumped, then dump the cargo nose down, and face the target and dive under it. Because of the manuability of helicopters, you will be surprised at how well they can hold there own against fast jets, which unless they get a radar or missile lock, are going rather quick and only have a split second to acquire and fire on a helo, before they have passed. Certainly in the Falklands despite being attacked by Argentinian jets on a number of occasions, the vast majority of helicopters got away.

If all else fails, then get down on ground and hide behind ridges or in forests etc, until the threat passes.

If you get jumped by a shark though, ummmmmm unless you are very very very lucky, then I guess it's time to write our will.

It's certainly going to be intresting, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: