Reostates

JesseJames38

G'day Jesse, this was submitted previously, although I believe the engine instruments were lit correctly when it was tested, I'll look into that today.

Thanks,

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

...and much nicer than any real Huey in existence! :)

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Definitely a bug, hoping to get an answer from devs soon but I'm guessing they're pretty busy at the moment. :)

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein

G'day Boon,

Not pestering at all mate, sorry I hadn't replied.

I'm almost certain this is fixed in the test build, I'll confirm it later today.

Cheers,

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein

...and I was certainly wrong!

Not fixed in test build (yet).

There's a bug submission in already.

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein

On that same subject, are there plans to implement keyboard commands for those lighting controls?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

The bug was submitted a while ago, but no fix as yet in testing build.

Unfortunately I don't have insight as to developer priorities.

Sorry,

- Bear

• Like 1

- Robert A. Heinlein

The bug was submitted a while ago, but no fix as yet in testing build.

Unfortunately I don't have insight as to developer priorities.

Sorry,

- Bear

no problem, just a little temporary stain on otherwise awesome simulation :)

• 1 month later...

Not fixed in 1.2.5 :cry:

I imagine that they are going to be a major FPS killer, just like the su-27s lights in FC3.

They look exactly the same.

Maybe thats the reason they are holding them unpublished. (FPS) Just a thought...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• 1 month later...

I heard some reports of a finally working backlight or whatever. But what was actually fixed? I am only able to control the overhead panel light knob, which turns on all panel lights. Not possible to do this individually because all the other knobs are not functional.

'Frett'

I heard some reports of a finally working backlight or whatever. But what was actually fixed? I am only able to control the overhead panel light knob, which turns on all panel lights. Not possible to do this individually because all the other knobs are not functional.

Only one rheostat works at the moment, before the 126 update there was no front instrument backlit, only upper and lower panels. At least we have proper night instrument lighting (even if you cannot control it individually)

first pic, 125, second 126

attachment.php?attachmentid=86103&d=1376441715

attachment.php?attachmentid=87245&d=1378488770

Screen_130904_234818.thumb.jpg.bb17a244cf5b627dcb7584a19741caa8.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• 8 months later...

hello guys, any update on this? Most of the cockpit lights don't work in the Mi-8 either (but I'm sure someone already pointed that out).

I'm somewhat suprised you've designated the Huey as not being beta even though there are outstanding bugs left.

I have an AMD FX-8150 system with 16GB of RAM and GeForce GTX570 on Windows 7 64-bit.

• 5 months later...
hello guys, any update on this? Most of the cockpit lights don't work in the Mi-8 either (but I'm sure someone already pointed that out).

I'm somewhat suprised you've designated the Huey as not being beta even though there are outstanding bugs left.

I have an AMD FX-8150 system with 16GB of RAM and GeForce GTX570 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Bump. Still not working. The console light slider controls all lights and looks like flood lights don't work anyway.

• 3 months later...

While in anticipation of the 1.2.16 update nothing seems to be have done about the non-working remaining 5 panel light rheostats. Come on BST, what is the problem here? Only have to make a perfect module even more perfect.

Since the official Textron label was put on the Huey module, isn't it strange that this imperfection still hasn't been fixed? You obviously had a lot of practise with the F-86 and MiG-15, both of which seem to have perfect working independent rheostats.

Please BST, make us proud and please give the Huey module what it deserves, working rheostats. Please? :thumbup:

Edited by Razorback[NL]

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Yes fix it please!

It was reported for the first time on the day the Huey was released. It is a feature that is implemented in all other DCS modules (also modules by BST). So it can't be impossible to fix. LUCKILY it is a known bug since 2013(http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=106102). Sarcasm overload.

But do I think that they will fix it?

No.

It looks like not fixing this bug has become a matter of principle for BST.

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

• 4 weeks later...