OT Starforce Challenge

Wags

Guest ThomasDWeiss

I re-installed LO-FC last week and re-activated using Starforce , and had to do a root canal the very next day. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
I re-installed LO-FC last week and re-activated using Starforce , and had to do a root canal the very next day. Coincidence? I don't think so.

LMFAO

Starforce caused your Root canal :p

Seriously tho, wasnt there something somewhere that starforce was causing problems with burning software like nero ? I know that doesnt count as a broken cd/dvd drive and is more akin to software problems, but would SF gimme 1000 bux if I was to slap them across the barnacles with a bad copy of nero that was working previously before SF was installed and thus had a drive that wouldnt burn with there software installed?

I never had any problems with SF at all and none where it messed up any burning programs or cd/dvd drives. Just to let you all know.

EDIT:

I read the Sf site again, and it says, starforce causing problems with drives on one pc, and when the drive is taken out of that pc and placed in another pc with no SF installed whatsoever, the drive would still not work.

Well Me personally thinks there will never ever be someone who collects that 1000 bux, as its impossible for SF or any other piece of software to kill a cd/dvd drive unless it can access the laser and have it continually burning, and even then, safety devices in the drive will probably intervene and kill the laser or power before it does destroy the drive.

You are more likely to kill the drive with a cd/dvd that explodes while spinning than you ever will with SF.

So unless a cd copy of flaming cliffs disintergrates in the drive while installing starforce on your pc, and kills it, that 1000 bux is safe, really safe. Safe to the point of, they can spend the 1000 bux on xmas booze now and never mind waiting til 31st january 2006 as it will never ever ever ever ever be won.

I installed Nero and Alcohol 120% way before i even got Flaming Cliffs. Guess what, I'm not going to be the one who will win the $ 1000 :cool:

Oh and I forgot to mention DVDSanta and TMPGenc studio. The stupid DVD burner just keeps on functioning.

I actually had a CD-ROM (yes rom, factory made disc) explode in my drive (Samsung TS-H552-B ,firmware: T-10) in Windows during an install, but I think it was Samsung's fault, even though I had SF istalled.

The terms are funny, your pc should only have windows installed, without any 3rd party software (so no lomac or some other game), and ALL the components should have a warranty on them. Oh, and something funny, it says you should have a legal version of Windows installed, that is the most funny thing, especially considering that it's a Russian company.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

me 2, nero was installed long before FC ever was, I install games after i have installed all my critical apps, and although i read about problems. I never had any due to nero conflicting with SF.

maybe it was older versions of nero that were to blame, as i kinda keep my nero bang upto date. I dunno tho, it could of been anything.

Guest IguanaKing

I have had Nero installed on my machine for years. StarForce didn't cause any problems with Nero. One thing I have noticed about burning a CD or DVD with Nero is that many programs, including MS Money and other non-StarForce programs, will grump about there not being a CD in the drive if you run those programs right after burning a disc. The reliable fix for this is to just restart the machine, and everything is happy again. :D

Here are the terms of the contest:

All the drives in the system should be properly functioning prior to the installation of a StarForce protected product.

After the installation and start-up of StarForce protected product the problem with (CD/DVD read-write malfunction) must exist and be reproduced in any other configuration.

The bold part kinda takes the spirit of "your PC" out of the equation.

And it's a win-win situation for the company, because even if someone is crazy enough to go to Moscow and prove that SF wrecked something (unlikely), the problem is likely not reproducable on other hardware/software configs, so he will appear on the "losers" page. Then SF can say: "Look, so many losers, and not winners at all", or "Our protection is so perfect no one even tried to prove us otherwise". :icon_neut

One thing is certain, the PR for SF will be tremendous.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

My preinstalled Nero express still burns CD’s (and DVD’s in single and dual layer) after installing of at least 2 different games using SF. Ripper program also has no any problems.

Good bye $1000. :biggrin:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Never mind what starcrap does or doesn't do

I'm all for copyrights protection but let's stop allowing all software manufacturers to invade our computers...

with all the starcrap and program updates that you can't turn off soon we will have to wait in line when we connect to the internet.

and I always like having a clean machine for gaming , those hidden registry entries and processes kill a computer's performance and messes with internet connections especially on lower speed connections

imagine if we allow all programs we own to do it's "own" thing in our computer , ===yes install this so you can learn what hardware I have ... you want me to bend over also ?

We have to put the "personal" back into the personal computer .

I will not sacrifice ALL my privacy so that "they" can protect SOME of their copyrights benefits.

I admit there is no simple solution ... but let's not give up and say yes to corporate abuse on our personal lives...

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

Guest ruggbutt

I suggest we start by explaining to Bill Gates about hidden registry entries and such. Windows is invasive by a magnitude of 10 when comparing it to SF. Wait till Vista is released, ya'll aren't gonna like what's going on there.

I suggest we start by explaining to Bill Gates about hidden registry entries and such. Windows is invasive by a magnitude of 10 when comparing it to SF. Wait till Vista is released, ya'll aren't gonna like what's going on there.

Im completely ignorant regarding this OS. Could you tell us whats with that?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The terms of the contest

StarForce offers you to participate in contest among users of StarForce protected applications in accordance with these terms (hereinafter – Terms).

At your own expense you arrive to StarForce headquarter which is placed in Russia, Moscow, Altufievskoe shosse, 5/2. Please arrange your visit with us beforehand and during working hours 10 AM to 6PM Monday through Friday Moscow time.

Using your PC (the subject PC’s hardware must be under warranty terms) or any StarForce office PC you demonstrate that:

- All the drives in the system are properly functioning prior to the installation of a StarForce protected product of your choice. A legal version of operational system must be installed and there must be no other third company products installed. StarForce experts have full access to the subject PC for verification of installed software.

- After the installation and start-up of StarForce protected product the CD or DVD drive in the subject PC is not reading CD/DVD discs or the drive is not writing CD/DVD discs.

- After this demonstration the subject Drive must be removed from the subject PC and installed into any other computer that has no StarForce protected products or drivers installed, that has a legal version of operational system and has no third company products installed. StarForce experts have full access to the subject PC for verification of installed software.

Should the subject Drive fail to read or write CD/DVD discs in the second PC, you will be acknowledged the Winner.

If you are acknowledged as the Winner StarForce shall compensate your travel expenses (air fare round trip to Moscow economy class, pay your two days lodging (three star hotel of your choice) in Moscow and pay 1000 USD as prize.

Your full name will be mentioned on http://www.star-force.com as the Winner of the Contest.

If you fail to reproduce the mentioned above terms, you will be acknowledged the loser and StarForce will mention your full name on http://www.star-force.com in the list of Losers of the Contest and any expenses shall not be compensated.

All disputes arising in connection of this contest will be resolved in accordance with legislation of EU.

Sending of application for participation in the contest confirms that you agree with these Terms.

StarForce Inc.

This contest means absolutely nothing. It's a pathetic PR ploy.

Guest IguanaKing

I think the contest is kinda funny. Its EDs way of saying..."To all of you talking trash, and offering 'proof' of your conspiracy theories about SF in on-line forums, its time to put up or shut up."

Oh...about rep points, I also think they don't mean much. They're not awarded through any objective process and it often ends up being just based on an "old boy network". Not that some on this forum, like SK and GG, don't deserve their points ;) ...but...I have seen enough on my ig site to know that these points are usually not based on anything of substance.

Didn't you already say that about rep points?

You know it's time for a sig update...

I think I said that Rep was a popularity contest, not a PR ploy, but I could be wrong. As far as I can tell, once you give rep to somebody, you can't give it to them again, no matter how deserving. Not that it matters.

My sig or yours? Win98. You poor man. Do you have apps that won't run on XP or something?

IK, you're right about the intentions of SF. But when they toot their horn and say nobody beat the challenge, they won't be yelling that the rules prohibited a normal PC build. Do you think anybody out there has only Windows and LOMAC on their machines?