OT Starforce Challenge

Wags

Well gents, I've personnally bought 3 IBM laptops and now 2 Dells, and they are both great machines ... not £300 ones mind - more like £1500 ... I've played LO on both and had adequate FPS on the first and great on the second - with everything on high ... and they are laptops!

And although their support is a struggle - especially if you get India ... things do get fixed quickly under warranty (unlike build your own). I would certainly buy another! I need a laptop and some of theirs are very high spec... and these are too tricky to build your own!

Sorry this is completely OT!

* Slander...

slan·der

n.

1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

*Which part of anything I said was false ?

instigation of...

instigation

n

1. the verbal act of urging on

2. deliberate and intentional triggering (of trouble or discord)

*LMAO...yea without my post everything was just fine.

"hate...

hate

v. hat·ed, hat·ing, hates

v. tr.

1. Intense animosity or dislike; hatred.

2. An object of detestation or hatred

* I don't care enough about this game or any of you, to HATE...lol is that a joke ?

campaigns"...

cam·paign

n.

1. A series of military operations undertaken to achieve a large-scale objective during a war

2. An operation or series of operations energetically pursued to accomplish a purpose

* I now have 11 posts total in the last year, how is that a campaign ?

against Eagle Dynamics, it's employees, forum moderators, testers, 1C, UbiSoft or StarForce.

*SF was the only one mentioned by name...And you may want to put all of this under the words Starforce Challenge...just for a little perspective...lol

Guess the rules have changed somehow

* c. Raploc...Alfa's gonna try to get rid of the bad man, don't worry honey.

Hair on the wall... Blood in the street... The

crush of bone ' neath my feet.

Then why exactly are you here?

Your right, if I do not feel strong enough to hate something or someone, I should not be involved...lol

And why do you only post long replies in threads relating to StarForce?

Your right again, why should I reply to anything that I have spent money on and now resides on my HD...that it's producer have sent a world wide challenge out too...lol

Is SF really the only threads I reply too ?

Why do you post short meaningless replies to every thread ?

Got an agenda you'd like to let us know about?

Nope, But I think you do...

Why do you question opinions, and statements ?

That is the sign of a person who doesn't believe what someone says, expects a different answer, or wants to change someone elses view.

Also you push people who have stated problems, and are aggravated because of thier position, no agenda there eh ? lol

Try again ?

Looks like one to me. That's an awful lot of typing in reply to some very short posts.

LOL, say the man with 432 posts since Aug.

Thats not alot of typing for the capable, Alot is the time you boys spend in here...lol

Actually, Work said take the Vacation time or lose it, GF is making me watch football with her. Not enough snow to board, too muddy at the field to jump, streets are dry in most places, but too nasty to break out the bike without cleaning it all day tommorow, couldn't get any of my crew to go out shooting this morning. & X-mas shopping is done. So you guys are my ball of yarn today.

And since when have either of you long winded b*astards not respond to someone who questioned you ?

What you see is the systematic dismantleing of a position, if it wasn't weak it would stand.

It surprises me that people who post so much would question someone who post so little...and not just about what they post...but not how they post...lol

You boys can't need more attention, do you ?

Looks like one to me. That's an awful lot of typing in reply to some very short posts.

Very true.

Interesting to note the total lack of content in all that typing Reaper does when his motives are questioned. Likes to hide behind (very poor) atempts at distraction. Needs to work on his technique a bit.

Also very strange that someone that is so anti-StarForce still has a product containing it residing on his valuable hard drive.

He admits he's indifferent towards LOMAC (nothing wrong with that. It's his personal opinion and he's entitled to it). But then I've got to wonder why he's so vocal about the copy protection system it includes if he's indifferent to the product. Why doesn't he just uninstall it and walk away?

And also I notice that he's employing his normal tactic of rather than answering points that are raised about his posts he resorts to trying to belittle the person doing the questioning.

Sorry Reaper, but I call it like I see it. And when it comes to SF related topics you come over like someone with an agenda.

And yes, Reaper I have an agenda. I'll freely admit it. Here it is:

From my own experience with multiple SF protected games, and everything I've seen posted on not only this forum, but also the Ubi forums, SimHQ and various others, it seems to me that a very vocal few (such as yourself) are trying to blow (genuine) SF related problems out of all proportion for your own reasons. I think people like you are (probably unintentionally) hurting the sim community by discouraging new people from getting involved in this genre. And this being the case whenever I see someone like you raise their heads and start spouting I'm going to start asking questions.

I can only think of one reason why someone would be so vocal about a CP system that's hard to crack (especially when he's already admitted his indifference to the product it's protecting). I think it's time you stopped the rhetoric and actually answered some questions for a change.

Guest IguanaKing

Oh here we go with the crying about post counts and how "you have a life" and all. :rolleyes: Its not really the length of your posts so much as their tone. I'm glad you're watching me so closely...nice to have a fan. *smooch* :icon_syda :D

Oh here we go with the crying about post counts and how "you have a life" and all. :rolleyes:

I never said anything like that...are you reading or reacting ? sniff sniff

Its not really the length of your posts so much as their tone.

I can understand that, but if you can't handle such a mild tone maybe you shouldn't reply. I have not ranted or raved in here. You boys just don't like what I say or how I say it. One way or the other, all I said is that some may have real problems no matter what you may think.

Really how can you say someone hasn't had a problem ? Have you been to thier house ? That ends the conversation if the answer is no. (logically not emotionally) And we all know the answer is no.

I'm glad you're watching me so closely.

I'm not watching, I just looked under your name next to your post.(no sarcasm just an answer to the obvious...I struggled thou) :)

..nice to have a fan. *smooch* :icon_syda :D

I don't swing that way...but theres nothing wrong with you doing it. :)

RePost: Jester doesn't get jokes

Then why exactly are you here?

I bought the game, and play it.

And why do you only post long replies in threads relating to StarForce?

I don't. Check my first post here in ratio to other threads if you believe other wise. I use only as many words as I need to too express myself on any given topic and those vary...if thats o.k. with you.

Got an agenda you'd like to let us know about?

No I don't. I just believe people when they say they have a problem.

Guest IguanaKing
I never said anything like that...are you reading or reacting ? sniff sniff

OK. I guess I misread the whole diatribe about being "forced" to take a vacation, snowboarding, biking...yada, yada, yada. Oh...you forgot the part about curing cancer. LMFAO.

I can understand that, but if you can't handle such a mild tone maybe you shouldn't reply. I have not ranted or raved in here. You boys just don't like what I say or how I say it. One way or the other, all I said is that some may have real problems no matter what you may think.

Hey, buddy. The tone of the StarForce contest seemed pretty mild to me. I didn't see anybody getting their panties in a bunch over it until you posted. Besides, unlike some who just want to rant (and yes you did rant. Picking a post apart, word by word, using dictionary definitions, is a bit mal-adjusted, and qualifies, IMHO, as a rant.), I have already offered rational replies and help to those who expressed specific problems in this thread. As I said, I haven't had any problems with it, so I'm just trying to figure out where the difference is. I know what its like to be frustrated by a problem...I solve technical problems for a living. Sometimes its helpful to have another person there to say "Hey...come on dude...it doesn't work on FM (avionics technician term...use your imagination ;) ). There's gotta be some logical explanation for why the same box works in that plane, but not in the other one." Its that team support that often gets the job done...hopefully you're familiar with the concept. ;)

Really how can you say someone hasn't had a problem ? Have you been to thier house ? That ends the conversation if the answer is no. (logically not emotionally) And we all know the answer is no.

I never said any of that, I have simply said the problem is most-likely due to a combination of factors...and not necessarily StarForce alone.

I don't swing that way...but theres nothing wrong with you doing it. :)

Me neither...just thought I'd humor you...since you seemed to be exhibiting the mama's-basement-dweller, angry tone in your posts. :D

Guest IguanaKing
I bought the game, and play it.

I don't. Check my first post here in ratio to other threads if you believe other wise. I use only as many words as I need to too express myself on any given topic and those vary...if thats o.k. with you.

No I don't. I just believe people when they say they have a problem.

LOL!!!

Answering the same post twice...Priceless.

Rock on dude!!! :icon_supe