nVidia Drivers

Guest ruggbutt

Guest ruggbutt

I have a 7800GT. I'm using all settings to full except for high water. These issues seem to stem from using full shadows instead of all planar. I've used all the driver sets from 78.01 on to the most current 81.95 and I'm seeing anomalies as shown in the following screenshots that I took from A10 Defensive mission:

Cloudy day, but the rear chopper is light

nvidia01.jpg

Sunny day, the way things should be.

nvidia02.jpg

Stock mission shot

nvidia03.jpg

I threw some clouds in

nvidia04.jpg

I went back to the stock mission, and instead of hitting FLY I reselected it from the mission list

nvidia05.jpg

Notice that the planes still behave as if they're in shadow. The textures somehow still remain loaded. If you crash out of the game and restart the planes behave correctly again. The shots of the choppers happen all the time regardless of what a/c they are, and always on an overcast day. Additionally, on the carrier your plane has a shadow if you're viewing from the plane but the carrier superstructure doesn't. If you choose F9 the superstructure has a shadow but the plane doesn't.

It's been so long since I had my 9800XT that I don't recall if this is driver/brand of card related. Is anyone else seeing this stuff? I have several installs of Lock On, and I even went back to the 1.1 stock install and I see the same things.

Guest ruggbutt

Basic haze looks like shite and it doesn't fix the light/dark airplane issue. Same thing with the shadows on the plane and not on the carrier. Or vice versa. I don't recall having these issues with my ATI card, and LOC says he doesn't have these with his ATI card.

I recall think was version 67.xx did not had that shadow bug. Then again that version is too old for todays gamming.

You should consider reporting your findings here;

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=22

I think that's the only course of action we as consumer have... Only Dev can report directly to Nvidia (I think) and try to find a work around to this well known issue.

Hope its gets addressed.

Cheers