Use Helios with 2 PCs and with DCS World

FireHuey

Hello

I need a little help with Helios

I explain the situation to you, I have two PCs,

PC 1: Who is the main PC is a Windows 7 with an AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, with three screens in Eyefinity, the graphics card does not appear to stand more.

On this PC one I run DCS World and Helios.

PC 2: Secondary is a Vista as a graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 and both a primary and a secondary 22-inch to 19-inch screens and I also run Helios.

Now the goal is to have the 19-inch screen of the PC2 as display instruments for the A 10 C running in World underneath the three screens of my main unit .

My problem is double, operate Helios with World and recover viewports exports (MFCDs, RWR, CDU, CMSP, CMSC)

Now I’ll tell what I’ve done so far:

All init.lua monitorSetup have been placed where they belong (I use as profile Helios "Loz SM v2.1").

After no success with World, I tried with DCS A10C, after entering the IP V4 from my PC2 and the path to the file of DCS A10C (C: \ Program Files \ Eagle Dynamics \ DCS A-10C ), I setup a DCS A-10C, which creates a file in the Export.lua export file as requested.

On PC2 I run my profile Helios, the same profile with which I created the. Export.lua on PC1, with already preset screens (Helios does not have to be started on PC1) and the instruments displayed on my 19 inch.

I run a DCS A10C mission on the PC1 and miracle my instruments run right, switches and controls reacts, the gears, flaps etc. Runs good, the only problem is that I do not have my viewports export (MFCDs, RWR, CDU, CMSP, CMSC) but at least there is a transfer, my needles move in the right direction.

With World I followed the same procedures, the file Export.lua was created and placed in the right place in World, I opened with notepad + + it has the IP address of thePC2, the path in the properties of Helios is good (C: \ Program Files \ Eagle Dynamics \ DCS World) but nothing happens, I did the same test on a single PC 1, without results, connecting with world does not.

I always started the Profile Editor and Control Center Helios in administrator to no avail.

For my part I have tried almost everything possible without any results.

Thank you to you all for your help

Helios does not capture the exports and send them across the network. Usually you would have helios running on the same machine and overlaying its interface over DCS.

DCS is creating the export, mfcd1 and 2 etc. It is drawing them and helios just presents its display around them.

So, if you only run DCS on pc1 and only helios on pc2 you cannon have the exports display on pc2.

People have written their own software to do similar things before but I am not sure of a stand alone option to just get the mfcds to another computer.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/3/2013 at 8:50 AM, FireHuey said:

I'm afraid you are right, I expected this kind of answer, thank you for your reply maybe I should invest in a larger graphics card.

Thanks

You can also use a USB-HDMI to drive the second display. This will add some additional CPU overhead.