03 and 07 May 2013 Updates

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but feel a bit disappointed, but there's no point in denying the truth, it will be a very very long time before we have both an American and a Russian fighter with top fidelity to fly.

DCS is fantastic, it captures the essence of war very accurately - mostly waiting. ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Obviously speaking only for myself, I bought FC3 for the sole reason that regarding fast movers it was better than what we had in DCS World, IE nothing, and thus better than nothing. :)

I pre ordered it instantly as it became available as a leap of faith and to support ED. I most definitely did not buy it because it was what my sim heart desires, which is high fidelity stuff....but rather hoped the funding would be a means to that end. This is pure speculation but I strongly suspect that many others did the same. Not that I'm in any way a 'sim-snob' though and I struggle to understand that attitude lol, blasting around with the FC3 aircraft can be great fun too....and though personally I want a little more....each to their own. End of day, having fun is what its all about, aye? :)

That said, some excellent points raised by GG which I broadly agree with, and economic reality does indeed bite. It seems they must do this as an economic imperative; the market ultimately dictates everything, and if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is. Pointless moaning about it. :) I am at heart an optimist, so while on one hand I am slightly disappointed we won't be getting high fidelity Flanker-F15C goodness as soon as I would have liked, my spirits are buoyed by the fact that we will get there eventually. Patience is a virtue......and in the meantime I suppose tooling about with the new AFM's will be interesting and make the wait for the 'full monty' a lot more bearable.:thumbup:

Beczl's Bis can't be too far away either, and I like the Hornet.....true multi role fun and hopefully we will see enhanced carrier ops eventually too. Its all good to me.....exciting times ahead and I can't think of a better time to be a simmer. :thumbup:

Edited by Biggles07
Addendum

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

Sharpe, just do yourself a favour and read through the past few pages. All your questions are answered.

As my post has been moved here without my knowing kindly do me the favour of taking your pathetic indignation, shoving it back where it came from and leaving it there for someone who gives a damn.

As ED have clearly made the same point you have, rather than getting a single quick answer to my question I shall now spend an hour trawling through this thread in search of answers.

Edited by Sharpe_95

As my post has been moved here without my knowing kindly do me the favour of taking your pathetic indignation, shoving it back where it came from and leaving it there for someone who gives a damn.
Chill dude, we're all friends here :)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

To find that the F-15 and Su-27 aren't immediately full DCS is disappointing, but I won't lie, I'll probably spend more time in the FC3.5 F-15 than in DCS F/A-18. AFM is the biggest part of DCS for me, and getting it on a fighter has taken such a long time to happen.

At the very least, I'm glad to get the information before hand.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Whoa this thread is taking a turn...

I'm probably the minority, I can fly all the high fidelity aircraft but actually I have no idea how to fly the FC3 aircraft or the SU-25t.

More aircraft are great but it's time for new maps =)

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

just to clarify the su 27 we are talking about here isnt the su 27 sm that was mentioned to be in development ?

It is. It will be AFM but with no advanced avionics or clickable cockpit in 2013.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

just to clarify the su 27 we are talking about here isnt the su 27 sm that was mentioned to be in development ?

just to clarify: there was no Su-27SM (mistyped or maybe Matt liked to be there in DCSW in his interview), but Su-27SM same classified such as Superbug, so i guess we will have a little catch up only with Su-27S around in 2015 or later

sign-pic4.jpg

I have faith in ED to produce a fantastic, high fidelity fighter like we've all been dreaming of.

We know they're capable of it from what they've already achieved with Black Shark and A-10C.

I'll keep supporting ED... despite how long and frustrating the road may be, because at the end of the day, there is no alternative.

I reserve the right to occasionally throw my toys out the pram and complain that it's all taking too long though :music_whistling:

ED, get your head out of yer &*( and gimme a DCS F-16 bl.40/42 or 50/52 or MLU, and I let you do whatever, whenever, however!!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

So much negativity...

First and foremost, I think it is great that Wags is coming out and sharing so much with us now. This is a very good thing. Of course, this also gives them a chance to see how we, the hardcore simmers, respond to their development plans, which is a form of market research in of itself.

I feel very satisfied that I now have UH-1 and soon MiG21. This is a very good year indeed. Certainly, AFMs for the 15 and 27 will be welcome and the incremental improvements will be very much appreciated.

However, having just bought FC3 primarily for the Su27 and the F15C, I admit I'd be a little disappointed to be charged an intermediate upgrade prior to full DCS. It has not been stated that this would be the case, and I took the announcement as an implication that people who didn't have FC3 could get into a AFM versions of the 15 and 27 for a relatively low price. Hopefully, the AFM will be complimentary for FC3 owners. Whereas I'd be happy to pay for a full DCS version, I certainly don't want to pay three times for these, unless of course it's upgrade pricing that reflects my prior commitment to the product line with FC3 and so on.

I agree with those suggesting medium fidelity is good to build a user base in DCS. Personally, I think ED would be smart to release a free Block 1 F-16 with AN/APG 66 or even YF16 with no radar. The F16 is so popular I think it would draw people in a way that the SU-25 doesn't, and for those of us who really want a later block F16, this could come in full DCS fidelity down the road.

In terms of classified radar, most people are not going to know the difference, so some assumptions can be made and creativity can be used in this area, so long as the performance is consistent with the public available specifications.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Just look at this air force.., mental….

And you make the mission briefings for them to read?

THIS - IS - SPARTA :D

I mean DCS WORLD for fighters and not a cartoon movie for kids :lol:

ps. see my signature ;) so fight for this (DCS) World :D

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

ED, get your head out of yer &*( and gimme a DCS F-16 bl.40/42 or 50/52 or MLU, and I let you do whatever, whenever, however!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Summarising Wags post on the F-15C and Su-27:

• Flaming cliffs is really popular
  • People having to buy LOMAC to get FC3 is a pain
  • F-15 and SU-27 for DCSW will be re-released without the LOMAC requirement in 2013
  • They will also have AFM
  • DCS full versions will come later... much later
  • F-18C is where you get your next DCS fidelity fix

Lyndiman

Information from developers (see russian forum): both modules (F-15 and Su-27) not planned to be complex DCS models. They will be simplified FC3 models with AFM.

I can't find the announcement for this but I'm confused. Why would we want an f-15 and su-27 that's not complex when we already have simplified versions of them in FC3?

I can't find the announcement for this but I'm confused. Why would we want an f-15 and su-27 that's not complex when we already have simplified versions of them in FC3?

ED will be able to sell F-15C and SU-27 for DCS World without the need to have LOMAC and give a cut to UBISOFT. If you have FC3 you can just wait for the DCS version.

Hopefully they'll also sell an upgrade pathway.

Lyndiman

to remove the requirement of having LockOn.

it's $50 for FC3, + at least $10 for LockOn.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Information from developers (see russian forum): both modules (F-15 and Su-27) not planned to be complex DCS models. They will be simplified FC3 models with AFM.

yes, that will be the 1st phase: AFM for all FC3 aircrafts: A-10A, F-15C, Su-27 (Su-25 and Su-25T already got AFM)

oops, where is the non-mentioned Su-33 and MiG-29s ? ? ?

sign-pic4.jpg

Summarising Wags post on the F-15C and Su-27:

• Flaming cliffs is really popular
  • People having to buy LOMAC to get FC3 is a pain
  • F-15 and SU-27 for DCSW will be re-released without the LOMAC requirement in 2013
  • They will also have AFM
  • DCS full versions will come later... much later
  • F-18C is where you get your next DCS fidelity fix

Pretty much that's the gist. I don't want to say anything prematurely so I'll just shut up for the moment and wait to see what is really going to happen with these 2 modules.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

ED will be able to sell F-15C and SU-27 for DCS World without the need to have LOMAC and give a cut to UBISOFT. If you have FC3 you can just wait for the DCS version.

Hopefully they'll also sell an upgrade pathway.

I think it was said that they would... While it was missing here on the forum, it was in ED´s posting on Facebook.

The actual next DCS-fixes are the UH-1H and the MiG-21Bis?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!