Huey wish list

ebabil

Additional gun options for gunners. 7.62 FN MAG, M240E, .50 HBMG, MK19 grenade launcher

.50 HBMG forward firing guns. M134 7.62 is a little ineffective against armour.

Dual purpose armor piercing rockets FFAR and Zuni.

Basic RWR receiver. Nothing fancy.

External rescue hoist rig on starboard (pilot) side.

These points :thumbup: Especially the last two.

And my wishlist would be to fix all the bugs and make that goddamn hook under the chopper usable. I thought it was working and I spend 3 hours trying to figure out how to make it work until I discovered after 3 more hours of searching the forums that it's not implemented yet :huh:

User Experience is top notch in the website and simulator (yes I'm sarcastic)

Edited by Innerloop

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

AI gunners, AI co-pilot, AI autohover

you guys know that you can set any aircraft to completely AI controlled? :o)

Yeah, but its like trying to get your 3 yr old kid to dress themselves - they can do it, but they wont.

Are there no more weapons that can be implemented for the Huey? Personally I can't help feeling that it's about time it gets more options. I mean, the Mi-8MTV2 had more options the day it was released than the Huey has now after almost a year IIRC.

What other weapons were you expecting?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What other weapons were you expecting?

Mk. 19, M240, and Im also pretty sure that you can add spray nozzles for some Agent Orange to be dumped out.

On a side note, how about the ability to have door gunners shoot starburst 40mm incandesent parachute flares?

• 2 weeks later...

I searched ad didn't find this request. I'd like to have an animated pilot body in the pilot seat as an option. For use with oculus rift this would greatly add to immersion. It's very off putting to look down in the rift and not see your limbs. A phantom cyclic and pedals moving on their own just doesn't feel right.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

What about grease pen marks on the windshield marking point blank aimpoints for Minigun and rockets when you go with an armed version? It'd be very realistic, add a nice touch, and be really useful.

You can probably find someone to mod that into a package...

Maybe, but if it's not too much to ask for, I'd rather BST does it, so I won't have to wait for a mod to be updated every time there's a patch. It's enough of a pain in the behind that skins don't work in the 1.2.8 beta.

should be easy to add a windshield marker too.

Well, if you don't mind... hint hint.

I'm not exactly sure which mod was causing the orange error skin, I just used the same ones I used in 1.2.7. One for stopping slicks from going Olive Drab regardless of chosen skin, one for gauges, and one with additional skins. Had to remove them and am to tired and/or otherwise occupied to feel like sitting down and trying out what works and what doesn't.

I have to say I am really impressed with Belsimtek. I finally bought the Huey - thought I would never leave the A10C- but now get little seat time in the Warthog.

I find it hard to leave the Huey. Feels like I was born to fly it.

Also reading about it's first incarnation of the Huey and then Belsimtek adding so many of the request people have made. While other mod developers still cannot make their first release Belsimtek makes a release and adds loads of things to it. :thumbup:

I will +1 for some type of passengers. I understand it would be hard (if not impossible) to make them run up and jump in and also unload. But that part might could be scripted separately by mission designers.

What would be cool is have them appear in the back and add to the weight.

So maybe Vietnam era and/or Modern solider choice.?

Again Thanks Belsimtek - you guys are really dialed in!! :smartass:

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

• 2 weeks later...
mm.. My huey skins seem to work fine in 1.2.8 If and although its a mod I added a clean windows option (keeping the reflections) in my gauges mod. should be easy to add a windshield marker too.

I wish some connect/disconnect gargo light or sound made by BST.

picture.php?albumid=870&pictureid=6372

don't think the uh1 could lift that container, maybe empty not full though.