Huey wish list

ebabil

The Huey is my favourite module. What I want most is to have more things to do with it! In particular to shuttle people around and see them visually represented in the back.

How cool would it be to look over your shoulder and see 3 guys next to the gunner waiting to get dropped off and a medic tending to a guy in a stretcher?

I know the following isn't likely to get implemented but hey, this is a wishlist ;-)

• See who and how many you're carrying in the back (troops? wounded? supplies?)
  • Be able to line drop troops while hovering
  • Be able to pickup wounded via hoist/basket (perhaps operated by a medic up top?)
  • Embark/disembark animations

Here's hoping!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

utility helicopters are great opportunuty for sim world. you can do loooooots of things with these birds. belsimtek should consider this. i can buy every variant of huey or hip

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I would like audible commands for door gunner ROE and the like. With the Vive there are no visible text messages for door gunner and weapon status. It would make it easier if the pilot called them out as they changed.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

• 2 weeks later...

Huey wishlist.

1. Too high EGT temps cause engine damage - Iˇve seen too many Huey flight on youtube where one is flying all the time with max (seconde red line) EGT setting. Thats not realistic.

2. GPS or similar - small and simple GPS would be great add-on. Entering and flying to GPS coordinates will be a great improvment. The GPS Unit can be turned on-off in settings menu.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Snap view / head positions would be very helpful for VR. VR is a tease in the Huey, because I can turn my head so see the left panels (but I really have to crank my neck), but things are illegible unless I i turn my whole body, put my face right near the controls, and subsequently smack my face on my throttle. Sometimes I try to reset the view from a point that makes looking at the panel more comfortable, but I have to do it every time.

Also a +1 to engine damage.

Could I please request an option to stop the VHF, UHF and Nav radios from looping?

To explain why, in flight it can be quite challenging to tune the radios, and with a rift on, accessing keyboard shortcuts or anything that isn't at your finger tips can be a challenge, so I turned to VoiceAttack.

I've written a set of prefix and suffix commands to tune the FM radio that work beautifully as the FM radio bottoms out at 30.00 MHz and I can set VoiceAttack to tune it down to 30.00 then up from there to whatever frequency I require. Unfortunately, because the other radios loop, it's not quite so easy. I'm working through some options in VoiceAttack, but it's proving to be a real challenge. If there were an option available to tick in the options to stop the radios looping, it would be fantastic.

For anybody interested, here are the FM tuning commands. Simply say "Tune FM Three One decimal seven five". This is done with two parts a prefix "Tune FM Three One" and a suffix "decimal seven five".

---------------------------------

Edit: I figured out how to program all of the radios with VA (except the ADF), but it's a long, long process to build all of the commands out. The feature would still be nice ;)

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Would love to see engine limits/damage modeled and multicrew!

Especially, since the gunners can lean out and check six or below now.

With the Huey being a seat of the pants flying experience, how cool would it be to have the Mission Commander check course and calculate routes, while the pilot is flying... :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 1 month later...

Hi, guys!

Here is my huey wishlist: is the working ignition key lock switch, working auxiliary fuel system, working internal fuel transfer switches that transfer internal fuel, working AP/APX-72 transponder set, and many more! Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

Edited by Vinny002

a campaign is coming called "argo"

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Biggest thing for me is multi-crew, the pilot being able to fly while the gunner has the flexible gunsight and able to hammer targets better, or to be able to be a door gunner while the pilot is flying.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

My biggest wish would be a new campaign in the quality of the UN-Campaign.

I would of course also very gladly pay for it!

a campaign is coming called "argo"

Yes, the campaign is ready. Finished the last parts today. :)

There will be a final testing period from now on and if all goes well it shall be published soon.

I hope you will find it interesting and enjoy it.

You can check for updates here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178117

Greg

• Like 1

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP