Huey wish list

ebabil

• 2 weeks later...

As a rotorhead who have flown the huey since day 1, there is alot to be desired.

Work on the huey, as we all know after all these years, are very much slow going or even halted at times.

We can wish, desire and hope all we want, but the timeframe we're dealing with here is nearing a decade, not just months or years.

I fear that we wont see much "update" to the huey, other than the recent multicrew, for a long, long time.

• Like 1

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

I believe that there's no ability to map the anti-collision lights to an external controller (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Can that please be updated in the future.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Adding to the list:

- A.I.Crew to be helpful/interactive: If the doorgunners are loaded, and they see a missile or RPG be fired, it would be nice to hear someone in the back yelling "RPG!" or "MISSILE!" through the intercom or cabin. (Especially since the Huey has no other indicators for weapons fired). 

- A.I. Crew to be more aggressive when in free-fire mode. (The amount of times I'll sit there in a hover waiting for them to engage at a target - especially the copilot when it's directly in front of me, and half the time he doesn't fire at all is frustrating).  Often I have to jump from RH to LH seat to dual fly and shoot to avoid getting shot down - which now is not possible for servers that have multi-crew enabled. (Not complaining about multicrew - but it would be nice to no longer need my work around and have the copilot especially be quick on the trigger).

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damage upgrade

If I’m going to be shot down would be nice to have engine fail or start to fail forcing an autorotation . Currently the tail just falls off and blades disconnect . Let me try and put it down !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

vor einer Stunde schrieb admiki:

@Droggelkelchmost of us are using SRS anyway, so you don't really need in-cockpit radio selector.

You are right, but with an additional Panel you could listen to Frequencies the Pilot has tuned out (disabled in the C-1611). Would be a nice gimmick, although I wouldn't really know where to put it in the middle consol 😄

1 hour ago, Droggelkelch said:

You are right, but with an additional Panel you could listen to Frequencies the Pilot has tuned out (disabled in the C-1611). Would be a nice gimmick, although I wouldn't really know where to put it in the middle consol 😄

If you set SRS correctly, each pilot can listen frequencies he wants.

ED are planning to have multiplayer voice communication integrated with the actual radios themselves - when that'll be is anybody's guess but it is the plan.

So there is something there for new radios.

Personally, I'm happy to have the aircraft as is, with a graphical overhaul (including the exterior lights - I don't know what happened but the first 2.5.6 stable update had redone lights for the Huey which were much better, and then a few updates later they reverted back) and leave it at that. If we can update the FM to have LTE modelled, fantastic. 

In terms of other improvements, here's what I'd like to see:

• Functional and implemented IFF system (though this is a general DCS issue, apart from the JF-17).
  • Fixes to the co-pilot view (seems to be zoom restricted on my end).
  • Making the searchlights move smoothly, instead of jumping (like the Mi-8).
  • Improved embarking of units - i.e seeing them in the back, but also things like allowing playable units like the stinger be able to jump in, and get dropped off somewhere. Again, this is more a general DCS World improvement.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 7:49 AM, Droggelkelch said:

Due to the new multicrew feature a second C-1611/Intercom Panel in the cockpit would be nice, so that Pilot and Copilot can tune in individualy radio settings. This would really help the immersion.

• 2nd C-1611/Intercom Panel in Cockpit

This. It's great to be able to use different freqs via SRS, but its better to just have it in the cockpit.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Changing ADF frequency is a pain because mouse wheel sensitivity is so low. It's nice when fine tuning a frequency but covering large distances. If LMB-drag or RMB-drag could be used for rapid changing instead it would be good. I know RMB/LMB is used to change between the three modes but since it is only 3 positions just having one mouse button to cycle and sacrificing the reverse cycle direction would allow one of the buttons free for MB-drag.

Indeed, mouse wheel is really slow, while waiting for better you can edit the file

\\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input\UH-1H\keyboard\default.lua

and add two lines :

{combos = {{key = 'W', reformers = {'LAlt'}}},pressed = device_commands.Button_7,cockpit_device_id = devices.ADF_ARN_83, value_pressed = -2.0,name = _('ADF Frequency Decrease Fast'), category = _("ADF Set Control panel")},
{combos = {{key = 'X', reformers = {'LAlt'}}},pressed = device_commands.Button_7,cockpit_device_id = devices.ADF_ARN_83, value_pressed = 2.0, name = _('ADF Frequency Increase Fast'), category = _("ADF Set Control panel")},

You can also assign two buttons...

Edited by Tanuki44

I just did it myself and almost learned how the lua works. Left-click drag with right-click mode cycle is so much better. I even managed to keep the MW fine tune in their I don't know how.

elements["TUNE-CONTROL-PTR"] = {
    class = {class_type.LEV, class_type.TUMB},
    hint = _("Tune control / Band selection. Right mouse click to select a band. Rotate mouse wheel to adjust tune"),
    device = devices.ADF_ARN_83,
    action = {device_commands.Button_3, device_commands.Button_2},
    arg = {39,38},
    arg_value = {-0.1,1},
    arg_lim = {{0.0, 1.0}, {-1, 1}},
    relative = {true, false},
    animated   = {false, true},
    animation_speed = {0.0, 4.0},
    gain = {-0.05, 1},
    --cycle = false,
    side = {{BOX_SIDE_X_top, BOX_SIDE_X_bottom},{BOX_SIDE_Z_bottom}}
}

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Must admit i would only like to see one thing turn up.

the ability to fly proper slicks.  No weapon mounts, apart from the door gunners, and NO sighting equipment in the pilot or co pilots location.

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

1. Revised cockpit 3D model mesh and textures using the latest engine advancements
  2. Adding NS 430 Navigation System as part of the 3D model.

Edited by Andreas - VF-14 Napa

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p