PBR CORRECTED TEXTURE

MORE OPTIONS FOR WEAPONS

NEW SOUNDS

NEW....

NEW....

HUEY II 

• Like 4

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2013 at 9:25 PM, ebabil said:

If this started before sorry.

we can share our ideas that can be implemented to our Huey.

-active ai door gunners OK

-rain drops on glasses OK

-visible troops in chopper , loading unloading

-sling loads OK

-rope operations like special forces

-slick versions OK

-medevac version (visual medic operations/animations )

-coast guard versions (smilar visual actions as medevac)

would also be nice to have a real loadmaster, not only this little box and a more clever AI pilot that can do flying like jester in the tomcat - but not so anxious as he else would jump after the first bullte....

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to see more dynamic physics in the antitorgue pedals  especially when it comes to high speeds where right pedal is needed. This is mentioned in the dcs review of the real huey

Edited by fapador
  • Like 1

Obsessed with FM's

• 1 month later...

A complete cockpit retexture.

RWR.

Maybe .50 caliber door guns, if they were carried. 

Seeing the troops in back. 

FM updates. Make it as real as possible. 

Some version of ED's new AI. It would be fun to be able ro be a door gunner, or co pilot. Also it would be nice to be able to select targets. 

Make sling loads actually be a logistics node. So we can actually rearm ground forces. Same for fuel tanks. 

The UH-1H was in Desert Storm. It would be really nice to have that one ingame. I would also like CSAR to be implanted organically into the coming dynamic campaign. That and maybe some kind of medevac script. Like the ability to land near a group of infantry, and pickup anyone with less then 50% or 25% health remaining. Of course these last two would apply to all the helos. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'll add my voice to the "texture re-work" wish.

This is a great module, and it would be nice to see the texture work brought up to standard with the newer releases.

I'd also like to see soldier models added with animations to enable insertion/extraction of operators.

I'm a total nuub to the Huey, but still...

IDLE STOP/IDLE OFF: one button press to move from IDLE OFF to IDLE, one button press to move from IDLE to IDLE OFF, a bind to put those together as a combi-switch so that it works with TM Warthog Throttle with lower-end indent and beyond-indent switch working as both (buttons 29 & 30).

This works in the A-10 with the bind added manually, in the FA-18, and in the Harrier (these are the only modern aircraft I'm flying. Only the Huey has this very odd configuration forcing you to mess with the keyboard to do things not required in the actual Huey. 

This can be a very easy fix.

TURNING DIALS: in all the other aircraft I fly, right click turns a dial to the right, left click turns it to the left; very logical, very sensible, very... not in the Huey.

This can't be that difficult to fix and make it conform to all the other DCS modules, can it?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get an option for traceless minigun ammo?

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

I would really like to have an option to cover the full movement range of the throttle with a controller axis. I recently got a VIRPIL rotor base plus and there is no possibility to move below the idle stop in the huey. The axis movement range is limited between idle and max power. 

The VIRPIL base has a physical idle stop that also functions as a button and it would be great if we get the possibility to actually use this feature in DCS.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wychmaster said:

I would really like to have an option to cover the full movement range of the throttle with a controller axis. I recently got a VIRPIL rotor base plus and there is no possibility to move below the idle stop in the huey. The axis movement range is limited between idle and max power. 

The VIRPIL base has a physical idle stop that also functions as a button and it would be great if we get the possibility to actually use this feature in DCS.

I will second this request, as well as any other choppers that has a similar setup.

• Like 1

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

16 hours ago, AKA_Clutter said:

I will second this request, as well as any other choppers that has a similar setup.

3rd 😉

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, Highwayman-Ed said:

3rd 😉

4th!

Not that I expect anyone from ED to read this... The Huey doesn't even have its own wish list subforum..

Might be a better idea to just create a new thread for this.

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1.  Traceless minigun ammo

2.  Full range throttle axis.

3.  Draw grease mark on the window.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

On 8/22/2021 at 11:30 AM, Wychmaster said:

Interesting, how do you avoid accidentally hitting the physical end of motion and activating the button?

This is exactly why the real huey throttle has the idle-stop; so that you cannot accidentally hit the stop.

All the jet aircraft that I fly have this stop emulated too (Harrier, Hornet, A-10). Moving your physical throttle controller all the way back is coordinated with the in-cockpit throttle. In the actual aircraft you then must operate a finger-lift - or similar mechanism - to move into the actual stop position. This is emulated by pressing a key on your keyboard or a button on your controller. In-cockpit you can see the throttle actually move backwards to the stop position.

I have a Thrustmaster Throttle, and the TM Warthog Throttle has a neat way of emulating this. The throttle has an indent you can put in at either the upper or lower end of the throttle movement. If you implement this, you them must calibrate your throttle by moving the throttle lever from the indent to the furthest forward during the calibration. After calibrating, if you lift the throttle over the indent and pull it back to the furthest of its physical motion, the throttle emulates pressing a controller button specially reserved for just this. This virtual-button is assigned to the stop position button of the throttle in DCS.

So, when you pull the throttle back to the indent it is the same as the in-cockpit throttle being pulled back to the idle stop. When you lift the throttle lever over the indent all back to the physical stop, in-cockpit it activates the finger-lifts and moves the throttle past idle-stop to the full-stop/engine-off position, and -voila- exactly as in real life.

This is what I am desperately missing in the Huey.

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1