Huey wish list

ebabil

7 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

Interesting, how do you avoid accidentally hitting the physical end of motion and activating the button?

The stop button is activated only when you press it.  Basically, it's a physical stop, but when you press the button as you would to decrease the throttle below idle, it also sends a button signal to the computer.

Edited by heloguy
  • Like 1

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

On 8/23/2021 at 5:10 AM, sirrah said:

4th!

Not that I expect anyone from ED to read this... The Huey doesn't even have its own wish list subforum..

Might be a better idea to just create a new thread for this.

5th. its always bothered me that the full range isnt usable

Virpil rotor plus owner as well

Gents, if you want to keep this thread readable, you'd better use the 'Like' button whenever you agree with a wish.

This way, it's easier to spot the much desired features in a 30 page long thread. 😉

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:15 AM, heloguy said:

The stop button is activated only when you press it.  Basically, it's a physical stop, but when you press the button as you would to decrease the throttle below idle, it also sends a button signal to the computer.

I didn't realize that the button has a dual function, 1. a physical stop of the throttle grip preventing it from being moved from the powered side to the stop side (does it stop motion in both directions, or only downward?), 2. a controller button, which can be assigned to a cockpit device.

Being that as it may, trying to bring every possible function of button and throttle grip movement into some use is pointless mental masterbation.

The only problem is that ED needs to program a the throttle-stop button, that when asserted and the throttle is at the stop, automatically moves the throttle grip in cockpit to the stop side of the downward throttle motion and parks it at the furthest extent of motion, and when asserted again, moves the in-cockpit throttle grip from the stop to the idle-stop position, which is exactly the same as it works in the AV-8B-NA, FA-18C, A-10C, and possibly more aircraft, which I don't own.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

6 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

(does it stop motion in both directions, or only downward?)

It only stops while reducing the throttle, as every turbine helo with a throttle on the collective that I've touched IRL works.  Seems reasonable that, of the myriad of control setup possibilities, the one option to allow it to work as in real life would be possible in the sim, as someone is bound to make a controller that simulates realistic operation.  And, here we are.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

1 hour ago, heloguy said:

It only stops while reducing the throttle, as every turbine helo with a throttle on the collective that I've touched IRL works.  Seems reasonable that, of the myriad of control setup possibilities, the one option to allow it to work as in real life would be possible in the sim, as someone is bound to make a controller that simulates realistic operation.  And, here we are.

That was the whole point of my wish that ED brings the Huey up-to-date with the other modules that emulate this function perfectly.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I have three wishes for the Huey:

- Update the textures and 3d model like you have been doing for the A-10 II and the Ka-50 III

- Find a way to give us TOW so Huey is a bit more useful against armored vehicles

- Increase the Vodka rations for ground units, so they don't snipe me out of the cockpit as often

Id like to see a holographic sight mounted on the picatinney rails on all the door mounted weapons AND be able to look through it. 

36b080baa64dc31aae0544f3f754d4dd.jpg

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 8/29/2020 at 8:17 AM, CptTangerine said:

1 - 4, don't really care.

5. YES PLEASE! We really need some SAR choppers.

I think in one of the recent updates they even now show pilots that have ejected, imagine if they implement a way to save them with SAR Helicopters!?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 8:08 AM, Flappie said:

Gents, if you want to keep this thread readable, you'd better use the 'Like' button whenever you agree with a wish.

This way, it's easier to spot the much desired features in a 30 page long thread. 😉

With all respect @Flappie, but this thread is already far from efficient and readable..

ED should clean up the entire forum imo..

For each module, the same sub-forums (including the "wish-list" sub-forum)

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 10/1/2021 at 1:56 PM, sirrah said:

With all respect @Flappie, but this thread is already far from efficient and readable..

A few weeks ago, I wrote a summary of this thread to see what is more often asked. Here is it:

* Most wanted features *
Changing ADF frequency is a pain because mouse wheel sensitivity is so low - requested
De-couple the player view from the doorgun so that the player can look independently of the doorgun and not have "gun face" with the doorgun stuck to my face when playing the doorgunner position. - done
Analog axis assignments for doorgunner actions (gun up/down, left/right) mappable to joysticks (not only for mouse) - done
Add  AN/APR-39 RWR, which could be disabled in the ME
M23 mounts for M60 gun
Enable / disable weapon sighting equipment (dissociated from exernal hardpoints presence/absence)   OR   dissociate external front and back hardpoints
External hoist

"3D" NS430 implementation - requested

Graphic overhaul

External damage matching  internal damage

* Some other asked features *

Liveries:

Add real US Navy default skin to US - requested

Weapons and sensors:
Traceless minigun ammo
Laser pointers for the doorgun
Telemetry on crew weapons
M60 reflex sight for the pilot (  https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/253079-reticle-pattern-m60/ )
Implement missing weapons ( https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/88210-huey-wish-list/?do=findComment&comment=4143986 )   
Holographic sight mounted on the picatinney rails on all the door mounted weapons AND be able to look through it.

GAU-21 machine gun .50 caliber instead of 7.62 mm

Controls:
Ability to map the anti-collision lights to an external controller (doesnt exist already?)
Doorgun uncouple view RSHIFT-T to be allowed to mapped to joysticks
Option to get full movement range of the throttle with a controller axis (virpil throttle)   /   IDLE STOP/IDLE OFF - requested
Infra-red position nights for night ops (controls are there, but inoperative)
2nd C-1611/Intercom panel for copilot (the real helicopters have one for each pilot so that they can each choose which radio their PTT trigger works on and which radios they are listening to. )
Armament selector switch toggle (with one key)
The 2 layer knobs on the ADF to be separate buttons , so when I click and drag on the frequency knob, it doesn't switch the ADF

AI:
It would be nice to hear AI crew in the back yelling "RPG!" or "MISSILE!" through the intercom or cabin
Troop boarding by proximity, at any point on the map, at any time
Infantry able to go prone (infantries are standing up when they wait in a queue, which is not realistic in a combat env)
Visible people in the back (whether medics, troops, cargo op, winch op...)

Others:
Stretcher party infantry units
Draw grease mark on the window  
Removable front/back doors
Make sling loads actually be a logistics node. So we can actually rearm ground forces. Same for fuel tanks.
Huey on floats

Mirrors for sling load operations

* To be fixed *
Wrong way TURNING DIAL - UHF and VHF knobs reported
Flare counter is able to spin to infinity - reported
Missing commands ?

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks for that post Flagpie! I want to add that the hability to fly a non-hardpoint slick with gunners is for sure one of the most demanded features, and we all know it is possible!

EhvwDnI.png

Edited by Stratos
  • Like 4

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 2 weeks later...
Am 22.8.2021 um 11:30 schrieb Wychmaster:

I would really like to have an option to cover the full movement range of the throttle with a controller axis. I recently got a VIRPIL rotor base plus and there is no possibility to move below the idle stop in the huey. The axis movement range is limited between idle and max power. 

The VIRPIL base has a physical idle stop that also functions as a button and it would be great if we get the possibility to actually use this feature in DCS.

+100

On 10/16/2021 at 5:32 PM, admiki said:

I said it before. Only reason I can come up with why ED did it this way is to give higher precision to your axis. 

+1 to physical axis controling full travel of DCS axis.

Why do you need the full motion at all? No other aircraft needs to have the full throw of throttle levers between stop and idle. You just need 'behind the stop = a key or switch assertion' and 'beyond the stop = lever axis motion'. That's it. Just like ALL the other aircraft. No need to make the Huey 'special', when it isn't.

• Like 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

59 minutes ago, Captain Orso said:

Why do you need the full motion at all? No other aircraft needs to have the full throw of throttle levers between stop and idle. You just need 'behind the stop = a key or switch assertion' and 'beyond the stop = lever axis motion'. That's it. Just like ALL the other aircraft. No need to make the Huey 'special', when it isn't.

If my physical grip throttle can move Mi8/24 in DCS from 0% to 100% of its travel, I want the same for Huey, fuel cutoff switch nothwithstanding. So I don't have to press PgUp

10 hours ago, admiki said:

If my physical grip throttle can move Mi8/24 in DCS from 0% to 100% of its travel, I want the same for Huey, fuel cutoff switch nothwithstanding. So I don't have to press PgUp

For what? What does it bring to realism? Nothing, because it cannot simulate the stop, and even if you could configure YOUR collective throttle to stop exactly at the exact right point, practically no one else has the same hardware.

What you are requesting can only be used by people with exactly your collective throttle. If ED programs that, more power to you, and I wish you fun with it.

The rest of us want the ability to use the same kind of throttle motion we ALL can use.

• Like 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Tanuki44 said:

Yes, by decelerating until the stopper, the % should not be 0, since the stopper is the ground idle but this stopper does not exist on our axis.

How do you see the management of this stopper ?

Just like it does it now. DCS will stopp the throttle at idle stop, no matter how hard you press PgDn. 

8 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

For what? What does it bring to realism? Nothing, because it cannot simulate the stop, and even if you could configure YOUR collective throttle to stop exactly at the exact right point, practically no one else has the same hardware.

What you are requesting can only be used by people with exactly your collective throttle. If ED programs that, more power to you, and I wish you fun with it.

The rest of us want the ability to use the same kind of throttle motion we ALL can use.

So I don't have to lift my VR to press PgUp. Just because YOU don't use it does not mean that should be the same for all

2 hours ago, admiki said:

DCS will stop the throttle at idle stop, no matter how hard you press PgDn. 

And how the rotary handle of my throttle (without mechanical stop) will stop at Idle Ground?

Without having an exact mechanic of the handle to reproduce the real operation, there will always be a compromise to accept.