Huey wish list

ebabil

At a minimum they should just fix some the flight characteristics, and the overexaggerated startup washing machine effect for free... Which has been called to their attention for some time and yes I understand now their busy with the Apache release.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really hoping the Huey gets a texture/model update in the future.  Below is a mission I threw together last night in VR.  Still my favorite helicopter to fly, but man are the textures dated on the external model.  For Comparison, I did a short free cam VR of the Hind while I was on the aerobatics server.  I do not know who was flying the Hind, but the textures are night and day vs the 2.  Everything on the Huey is so flat and far from the standard of the other helos. 

Here are a few pictures of what the rear cabin could look like if cleaned up to the Apache/Hind standard.  We also need the M-60 looking like the one below, a true Vietnam M-60 with the sounds reworked.  Dont get me wrong, I love what we have and you will see it in the video below, but for authenticity sake, I think they should add the M-60 below. 

I would also like to see the UH-1B Hog variant added for clearing LZ's for the slicks.  I think a lot of people have requested this and with the experience behind ED now days, I do not think it would be to hard to incorporate.  Even if it was a paid expansion/update like they did with the A-10 would be gladly appreciated.  I have attached a photo below of the Frog.  

Side note, I am the only one flying and shooting in the video below, so if it looks sloppy, I am a door gunner and pilot at the same time in VR.

FHCAM - BELL UH-1B IROQUOIS “Huey”

FHCAM - BELL UH-1B IROQUOIS “Huey”

Inside the Bell UH-1 "Huey" Helicopter | Inside the Bell UH-… | Flickr

ACADEMY 12112 - 1:35 US Army UH-1C Huey Frog - Exito Model Store

UH-1C Heavy Scout Gunship

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very much agree with you Devil 505. 

There is a lot that could be done to upgrade this lovely helicopter.

Also, it would be great to be able to view passengers in the back and see them get in and out of the helicopter when we pick them up and drop them off.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 2

Bell_UH-1 side.png

if you model the .50 cal, you need to model all the payload rounds as well...and there are a LOT of them. You cant just get away with modeling the .50BMG ball ammo, the .50 was designed to send small explosives and AP downrange, and honestly its a bit much. Will admit I would like to see API rounds modeled, or if anything the HE rounds.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Devil 505 I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think it's time for a great update for the Huey, even if it's for a fee, but let them do it. But I think as far as the ED is concerned words are wasted. They have too much and other stuff on the fire. The hope would be that an outside developer would be allowed to do this work.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Calabrone said:

Devil 505 I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think it's time for a great update for the Huey, even if it's for a fee, but let them do it. But I think as far as the ED is concerned words are wasted. They have too much and other stuff on the fire. The hope would be that an outside developer would be allowed to do this work.

What are you talking about. When the files were open for modification, I made a Browning machine for UH-1 gun in half an hour.

I have not been able to locate what my buddy was talking about, but he told me last night he thought he heard some of the ED staff working on the Hind were pulled off to do some updates on older modules, including the Huey.  Can any of the ED staff confirm this or is my buddy just getting confused and require a helmet? 

It would be a welcomed confirmation by BIGNEWY if this was accurate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still hoping for the ability to add a grease mark to the window, in both seats.

Also, would love to be able to change ammunition types for the M134.  Would love a dim tracer only visible with NVGs, but would take a no tracer option as well.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:05 AM, Devil 505 said:

I have not been able to locate what my buddy was talking about, but he told me last night he thought he heard some of the ED staff working on the Hind were pulled off to do some updates on older modules, including the Huey.  Can any of the ED staff confirm this or is my buddy just getting confused and require a helmet? 

It would be a welcomed confirmation by BIGNEWY if this was accurate. 

@BIGNEWY @NineLine

can you please confirm or deny gents?

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have a medevac skin for the Huey?

The user mod for the UH-60L has a nice one.

Medevac.jpg

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Have you looked in the user downloads? I'm sure there are lots of them. There's like 38 pages of skins to download for the Huey alone.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

3 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

Have you looked in the user downloads? I'm sure there are lots of them. There's like 38 pages of skins to download for the Huey alone.

DUH..........There's been one there all along. My bad!   q4fEPdv.png

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

@Captain Orso

I did find this one, though not historical because supposedly the 4077th was Korean War and the Huey wasn't in service until 1959.

(Unless there really was a M*A*S*H 4077th during Vietnam, IDK)

The proper M*A*S*H Helos during Korea would have been the Bell-47 (aka H-13), Sikorsky H-51, or even the Piaseki H-21 "Flying Banana,"

but the Vietnam era dashboard is way cool.   SRsfa58.gif  Thanx.

MASH 4077.png

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

Glad you found one 😀

I'm not sure if there were actual medevac units during Vietnam. There were heli-transport units and air-cav units in close support, which AFAIK basically did everything. If the troops on the ground needed ammo and supplies, they flew it in. If there were wounded or dead to be taken out, they did that too.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

MedEvac dustoff units were the norm in Vietnam. The 4077th is a fictional unit.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

On 4/13/2022 at 9:32 PM, Hammer1-1 said:

The 4077th is a fictional unit.

I thought so.....🙃

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

On 14/4/2022 at 03:22, rayrayblues said:

@Capitano Orso

Ho trovato questo, anche se non storico perché presumibilmente la 4077a era la guerra di Corea e l'Huey non era in servizio fino al 1959.

(A meno che non ci fosse davvero un M*A*S*H 4077th durante il Vietnam, IDK)

Il vero M*A*S*H Helos durante la Corea sarebbe stato il Bell-47 (aka H-13), il Sikorsky H-51, o anche il Piaseki H-21 "Flying Banana",

ma il cruscotto dell'era del Vietnam è fantastico.   SRsfa58.gif  Grazie.

MASH 4077.png

Are you sure this is a NAM dashboard ?

3 hours ago, Calabrone said:

Are you sure this is a NAM dashboard ?

I would think so. The pinup model is definitely from the 60's (I was a teenager in the 60's, I should know)

and besides, it says Vietnam in the upper left-hand corner.    🙃   Close enough for me.   🇻🇳  :smoke: 🇻🇳

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦