Huey wish list

ebabil

2 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

I would think so. The pinup model is definitely from the 60's (I was a teenager in the 60's, I should know)

and besides, it says Vietnam in the upper left-hand corner.    🙃   Close enough for me.   🇻🇳  :smoke: 🇻🇳

It may go for the pinup, but it's the colored attitude indicator that leaves me in doubt, because I couldn't find any matches on my records. Always seen in black and white. Still, it could be.

Almost all those were black and white. The dashboards were usually a greenish gray, gray or black themselves too. The brown/blue Attitude indicators are usually something you would only see on aircraft that have a glass cockpit and Ive only ever seen them on airliners.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

please 😊

working chrono*, working wipers (actually removing rain),

and most importantly:  instead of toggles, distinctive control/keybinds for autopilot functions, ROE and such;  this would allow for better implementation of voice control

Edited by HILOK
*(essential for VFR and IFR, as it has no INS/GPS or DME)
  • Like 5

If the Philips screws on top of the dashboard were replaced with some more modern graphics, I'd be satisfied, because they are the biggest distraction when it comes to immersion in VR. For me at least.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• 3 weeks later...

Better ground troop behaviour and damage model would make the world of difference for Huey stuff. 

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

Ambient lighting, which is realistic.

I was just starting out with the Huey last year, and flying on the PG map out of Al Dhafra, mostly deploying unit (CTLD). The urban areas are so darn light-up at night, it's almost like flying in the day. So I wasn't terribly worried that the cockpit and passenger/cargo bay were as bright as day.

When I got out over open desert, the ambient lighting inside went off suddenly, like a light switch had been flicked. Then I can across a farm, way out miles away from everything (something like 1 or two buildings lit up), and when I got to within about 500 meters from  them, suddenly the inside of the Huey lit up again like a 50 k-watt searchlight was blasting in through the windows.

Total emersion kill.

Sometimes I think the people who design this stuff need to get out of their basements and see the real world. Just jump in a car and drive through a city at night and you wont find the interior of your car lit up as brightly as in the Huey.

• Like 3

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 10:50 PM, SloppyDog said:

My wish list right now for the Huey is to have a better swivel for door guns, to be able to shoot almost straight down or almost fully to the sides. At least that what it seems in the docs videos I've watched.

i second this wishlist suggestion!!!!!!

as owner of DIY doorgun controllers, i would be nice to have more traversal range for the doorguns...

along with more traverse range, 50 caliber machine guns would be great addition also... 🙂 🙂 🙂

On 3/26/2023 at 6:49 AM, Zap921 said:

How about we get back to just having someone at ED giving her a little love.  Take her out of the programming hanger and give her a once over, many little tweaks that would help immensely.  

it is beyond amazing for the recent newsletter and topic for improving engine dynamics... 

ANY updates to old modules appreciated!

maybe even add PBR textures?

Huey module is already awesome, great to hear it will be even more awesome

• Thanks 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

On 3/24/2023 at 10:50 PM, SloppyDog said:

My wish list right now for the Huey is to have a better swivel for door guns, to be able to shoot almost straight down or almost fully to the sides. At least that what it seems in the docs videos I've watched.

agreeing with you immensely! 

Screenshot_20230407-124027_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Id kill for a Huey Venom and an AH-1Z.

• Like 5

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Module is now 10+ years old and I think it needs a total overhaul. Now even some ai aircrafts look better than Huey and Hip 

• Like 4

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 month later...

Would be great to be able to bind axis to the lo/hi radar altitude knobs, and compass sync. That way I could start the huey from HOTAS/panels without having to click anything at all!

This, plus the throttle axis fix. Loads of other modules have detents that work fine, why not this one... 😞

• Like 1

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 5900X, AMD 6700XT, 64GB DDR4, WD SN850X. Samsung Odyssey G5 34”, or an Oculus Rift S.

Eagerly Anticipating: OH-58, Eurofighter Typhoon, C-130, Chinook

• 4 weeks later...

yeah would be good

640px-Bell_UH-1_with_rockets_and_minigun

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to hold my breath until the Huey get's a nice DCS-MLU... *sigh*

But DCS does seem to be working strongly toward the Cold War period, and what aircraft represents the period better than the Huey... or maybe the Phantom II... or Tomcat... Mig-21..... but with regards to helicopters, it's the good ol' UH-1 Huey!

Please, pretty please, let's have the Huey massaged and oiled and made to fit in with the airframes DCS and Friends are putting out today, so that no one would guess that it's been around for so many years already. I'll even gladly play for the upgrade, like when I purchased the A-10C II instead of paying the full $79.99, because I already owned the A-10C basic, I only paid $9.99(!!). I would pay more for an Huey upgrade!

You hear that ED? Free money for the taking!

Edited by Captain Orso
  • Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 2:16 PM, Captain Orso said:

I'm not going to hold my breath until the Huey get's a nice DCS-MLU... *sigh*

But DCS does seem to be working strongly toward the Cold War period, and what aircraft represents the period better than the Huey... or maybe the Phantom II... or Tomcat... Mig-21..... but with regards to helicopters, it's the good ol' UH-1 Huey!

Please, pretty please, let's have the Huey massaged and oiled and made to fit in with the airframes DCS and Friends are putting out today, so that no one would guess that it's been around for so many years already. I'll even gladly play for the upgrade, like when I purchased the A-10C II instead of paying the full $79.99, because I already owned the A-10C basic, I only paid $9.99(!!). I would pay more for an Huey upgrade!

You hear that ED? Free money for the taking!

I move to second this motion. 

Floor is open to discussion.  ED cannot take on the project because they don't have the staff to dedicate to it, and won't for several years.  

I propose they release the project an interested 3rd Party developer, of which one could be found I have no doubt.  

Amended proposal: 
That ED source a 3rd Party developer to continue the work on the Huey and release an updated version concurrent with the modern modelling in contemporary designs of peer aircraft from other developers. 

All in favor, aye:

• Like 1