New 1.2 Screens

VapoR

Anyone else notice there are 8 new screens on lockon.ru? Some show the side-mounted cannon, which is very strange in that looks like it can point up/down and outward. Why would they design it like that? Seems like a chin or nose mount like on the Apache and Cobra would be a more efficient method.

• ED Team
Anyone else notice there are 8 new screens on lockon.ru? Some show the side-mounted cannon, which is very strange in that looks like it can point up/down and outward. Why would they design it like that? Seems like a chin or nose mount like on the Apache and Cobra would be a more efficient method.

There is two reasons

first

2A42 cannon too big for nose mounting (we called it BFG :))

second

Ka-50 much more capable then other helicopters in turn

sigpic2354_5.gif

As a AH-64 A/D pilot you learn to aproach the Hokum always from left. But as the hokum have a very fast turn rate you ve got only one burst. But maybe the one which decides all ?

Helicopter to helicopter combat?

Yes!! Firebirds!!

"I am the greatest . . . I Am The Greatest . . . I AM THE GREATEST!!"

In other news, don't forget that the Shkval (quite a big and bulky system, especially in comparison with the FLIR on the Apache) takes up most of the space on the nose.

How much ammo does the cannon on the Ka50 pack?

• ED Team
The similarity between those images isn't accidental, is it?

No it is not. The first shot is from the well known Ka-50 promotional video.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

About the 'BFG'

The Ka-50 is armed with a 2A42 quick-firing 30mm gun which has an unrestricted azimuth and elevation range mounting for use against airborne or ground targets. The gun is equipped with 460 rounds of ammunition, two types being carried, high-fragmentation and explosive incendiary rounds and armour-piercing rounds. The pilot selects the type of ammunition in flight. The weight of the ammunition is 0.39kg each round, the muzzle velocity is 980m/s and the range is up to 4km. The gun provides an angular firing accuracy of 2 to 4 mrad.

It's the same gun that is used on BMP-2's and Mi-28's (so it can actually be mounted under the nose ;))

Also this page has some good info about the gun and its ammo.

http://us.geocities.com/russianammo/30mm.html

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

can we get a link to that promotional video olegrd???/

thanx..

holy crap....I can't wait for 1.2.

ED ...can u please modify the lightling to add some glare and some effects??? HDR style....I mean false pseudo HDR...(ignore the double negative ;) )

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• ED Team
can we get a link to that promotional video olegrd???/

thanx..

Here you are - http://www.brazd.ru/catalog/videoview/mpeg/000559/

ED ...can u please modify the lightling to add some glare and some effects??? HDR style....I mean false pseudo HDR...(ignore the double negative ;) )

We are working on it. It is not clear yet if it will be introduced in 1.2.

Edit:

It seems that the video is avaliable only for .ru zone. If you can not download it - let me now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Edit:

It seems that the video is avaliable only for .ru zone. If you can not download it - let me now.

Your right, that movie dont work outside of .ru domain zone.

David

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

thanx for the reply olgerd. The second link you provided works. :)

wow.....I agree on how maneuverable that thing is... sheesh....:p

Also ED for tank killers or lomac 2... since you are re-working the engine.. can you add::

-- a lot more heat blur with simple shaders....that do not cause much fps hit.

-- bubble system of detailing....as in games like SH3

-- dynamic component falling apart or breaking with wonderful explosions as in SH3.

-- Most of all...a better sound and air traffic engine. to make us feel we are flying in a big world.

lol....that was OT there...but I wouldn't mind if the waving grass blades etc...show up in 1.2. ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

well...I had to say this:::

"

THAT IS CRAP...its such low quality...look ...I can see the pixels on that thing....lol....NO way is it as good as this///

su27flan_screen004.jpg

su27flan_screen002.jpg

the devs have to learn from the people who made this game ;)... lol....(considering its the same team at ED) ;) .... just joking.

I am still drooling at::

look at that weathering and detail......aaaaah :o

1000fc8e33a25bbdb524c709a40391ea.jpg

anyways...I just forgot to ask::

"IS there any possible reason to HOPE or expect walking tiny people in lomac...or is the engine too far to implement a skeletal system."???

I would definately say...its worth spending time at little ppl animations :D

adds a lot to the game.....sorry....SIM.