'Mid Range' DCS Modules?

remove the FC3 branding, and just Call it "LockON" Fidelity, since it's using "LockOnScript" lol.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

And what happens if I own FC3 and want F-15C Advance flight model? I have to buy again F-15C standalone. I suppose the first in the controler setup will named (F-15C game) and the last one (F-15C sim) or something!

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, there'd have to be separate Entry LUAs for the new Eagle to use AFM without Linking it to the FC3 Eagle.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have to say that I have very little interest in FC3-level aircraft. The F-15 and Su-27 updated with just an advanced FM will be the 1st modules I won't buy.

I'm not angry or disappointed in any way, but I'll keep waiting for DCS stuff.

A good question to ask would be where one draws the line with this new 'medium-fidelity' aircraft, if you will.

Does it introduce new features regarding avionics, weapons control systems etc etc or will those always be stuck at a lockon level? In other words, will the medium-fidelity planes be at LockOn level with added AFM or will there be something extra, albeit not quite on par with the A-10C. Then again, that will only probably become readily apparent after the F-15 and SU-27.

I'd happily forego 'must-click-every-button-to-be-satisfied' and gain something extra in the medium fidelity series.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Indeed, the vast majority of work on aircraft like the A-10C has to do with the cockpit systems. Given that the new Eagle and Flanker for DCS World will have the same cockpit systems as the FC3 versions, these aircraft will have very, very little impact on development of the high fidelity aircraft projects that are VERY cockpit systems heavy.

Wags just said that. As far as weapons that's the 'world' domain. The Eagle and Flanker will just have AFM. That's all.

After thinking about this update for a couple hours these modules make perfect sense.

The bottom line is they will be the most advanced simulation of these aircraft available on the PC, if you like these aircraft you'll want this upgrade. Its not the hyper realism that so many crave but its an improvement on what we have.

You just have to read Wags post with both your eyes opened.

First they are going to realese a F-15C and a Su-27 with the same level of (avionic) detail like the ones already available in FC3 plus AFM but you can buy them seperately if you don't want to buy FC3 or the original LockOn (which you need for FC3).´Later ED will realese a DCS version of the F-15C and Su-27 with full clickable cockpit like the A-10C is

Just read Wags post.

Edited by schroedi

A good question to ask would be where one draws the line with this new 'medium-fidelity' aircraft, if you will.

That, is exactly the question to be asked....

Clickable cockpit doesn't make it DCS: Xxxx-x, fidelity should? (avoiding a gradual lowering of the bar)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

We should be getting AFM with FC3 no excuse at all we dont need to pay $49.99 in beta for FC3 and only get the crappy flight model. I won't buy them either I except DCS quality F-15 and SU27 not going to buy wash and repeat mods. I did buy beta FC3 to support ED thinking they would add AFM after the beta is over so this is not happening at all.

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

We should be getting AFM with FC3 no excuse at all we dont need to pay $49.99 in beta for FC3 and only get the crappy flight model. I did buy beta FC3 to support ED thinking they would add AFM after the beta is over so this is not happening at all.

What did you base this assumption on? ED never promised to deliver AFM after the beta, so why did you buy it with that expectation?

In fairness, they are now adding the AFM after the beta. It's just that those that are interested will have to pay some as-yet-unspecified fee to support that effort.

Ultimately it's a value proposition:

• Do you feel that the Su-27 and F-15 be meaningfully improved by the addition of AFM?
    • If YES - Go to next stage
    • If NO - Don't buy

[*]Is the improvement worth X dollars (where X is yet to be defined)?

• If YES - Buy
    • If NO - Don't buy

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Wags' update made it sound to me like the AFM versions will be available within FC3, but they'll also be selling the individual aircraft separately at a lower price point. I could be wrong there, but it would make sense if this is an initiative to try to get more people to try the product out -- a fairly cheap F-15C with a good flight model and simplified (easy to learn) avionics could be very appealing to a wide range of folks who are a bit intimidated by the detail in the core DCS products. And the Su-27 is of course a natural counterpart for those who prefer Russian fighters.

The downside of course is that people who buy these might be less inclined to get FC3, but maybe they could somehow offer a discount since they already own two of the included aircraft? Keeping the FC3 aircraft with the simplified flight model might make sense from this perspective, but adds a lot of ugliness to the actual game (two different aircraft? different flight models depending on what you've bought? etc.).

Edited by nomdeplume

Not that i like to think bad or something. Yet this last announcement about the Su-27 and F-15 has kinda shocked me. In fact, they are saying that:

- we bought the two AC in FC3, mid fidelity systems, mid fidelity flight model

- we will soon buy the two ACs again, mid fidelity systems, high fidelity flight model

- in a remote future, we are going to buy them a third time, High fidelity systems and flight model.

This is what we should take as good news. The bad news, is that the F/A-18C, which has already been announced time ago, will basically take ages to be developed.

Frankly speaking, I bought every single module bar the Mustang. I won't buy any WW2 module until there will be a full WW2 sim, with appropriate vehicles and maps, which is something I highly doubt will ever happen. I get the feeling that there have been some decisions of commercial nature that changed pretty much the "heading" DCS has taken. I may have a bias towards modern equipment, but I'm puzzled to say the least, to see that many resources are invested into developing WW2 fighters, which so far remains pretty much out-of-time/space artifacts to me, while current equipment, which is what DCS was all about seems to be neglected.

Yes, we have got the Huey, impressive flight model and all; yet it's basically a 50yrs old helicopter, whose missions stay in a very limited "niche" of its own. And though I'm having a blast in learning how to fly it, I suspect it won't get that big mileage, especially since we don't have CSAR or "air cavalry" at the moment. Also going through the manual, and seeing how many times the writing "not implemented in this sim" is disconcerting; it was supposed to be on the same level of the BS I think.

I'm sure much people will disagree with me, but I can't avoid thinking that we are getting modules from different eras to attract customers, which after buying their fav modules will then be left in their little "ghettos" at the margins of the MP maps, dogfighting with P-51s and FWs or trying to learn hovering in the UH1. If it's fair to them I have no problem with it; but if I have to choose, I'd prefer to have to wait say,8 months for a DCS FA-18C and not getting nothing new except the patches in the meanwhile, than having to wait one year and more because they released modules with little use if not getting money from people who were hardly interested in DCS.

Yes, there is the whole "external developers" thing. It's maybe too early to comment on that, the Huey is the only module coming from the outside so far; it is well integrated with the sim, technically. Practically though, as said before it stands on his own, as it hasn't much to do on the modern DCS mp battlefield. Now seeing that somebody is developing the F-22 almost makes me smile. How can't one think it's going to be a monstrously OP thing, whose systems are abstracted from guessing, and that is going to bring "air dominance" by constantly obliterating any hopeless romantic, daring pilot who happens to be on the other side. I mean, why bothering to learn radars, sensors, combat maneuvers, when you can get the raptor and just point and click your opponent out of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not into ranting, it's just that i pass many hours on this sim and love it like no other before. DCS is what i always dreamed about when playing Falcon 2 and 3 (not the 4) or "Tornado". I just fear it's going to take the "money only" route, and that the concepts which this sim is based upon, and made me and many other ppl get so enthusiastic about it, will be sacrificed and overtaken by other logics, which have little to do with flight simming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

I'm curious how the existence of two parallel flight models for the same aircraft will work out regarding multiplayer...

Example question:

If I as a mission builder / server host want to have all fighter clients use the same flight model for difficulty fairness, do I get the option to ban the use of the easier / harder flight model?

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

What did you base this assumption on? ED never promised to deliver AFM after the beta, so why did you buy it with that expectation?

In fairness, they are now adding the AFM after the beta. It's just that those that are interested will have to pay some as-yet-unspecified fee to support that effort.

Ultimately it's a value proposition:

• Do you feel that the Su-27 and F-15 be meaningfully improved by the addition of AFM?
    • If YES - Go to next stage
    • If NO - Don't buy

[*]Is the improvement worth X dollars (where X is yet to be defined)?

• If YES - Buy
    • If NO - Don't buy

Other mods seems to already have it like the a-10a and su-25.

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

Other mods seems to already have it like the a-10a and su-25.

I don't recall the detail on the Su-25 but the A-10A was essentially already done when the A-10C was developed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You just have to read Wags post with both your eyes opened.

First they are going to realese a F-15C and a Su-27 with the same level of (avionic) detail like the ones already available in FC3 plus AFM but you can buy them seperately if you don't want to buy FC3 or the original LockOn (which you need for FC3).´Later ED will realese a DCS version of the F-15C and Su-27 with full clickable cockpit like the A-10C is

Just read Wags post.

I'd like to know where you get this from. Where does it say we'll see a DCS: F-15/Su-27 later?

Well i think its pretty clear.

Mid range F-15 and Su-27 is for those who dont have lockon and dont have a FC3. You will get F-15 and SU-27 with the same cockpit and model like in FC3 plus AFM with reduced price. This is midrange, then later these airplanes will get clickable cokcpit and they will be DCS branded.

I dont have a problem with this to buy those products but i hope we will be able to upgrade them to DCS level for the same price of full DCS. I was dissapointed to buy BS1 and then BS2upgrade and then finally BS2 full because i hated to install BS1 activate then BS2 upgrade and uninstall BS1.

I am for possibility to buy midrange product for example 20 dollars and then upgrade it for i dont know 30 and get the full activation key for DCS branded plane so that and I dont have to do everytime the dance install.ED has our key database so they know very well what we bought.

Edited by jctrnacty

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I'd like to know where you get this from. Where does it say we'll see a DCS: F-15/Su-27 later?

It comes from Wag's May 7th update. It sure *sounds* like he is referring to the F-15C and the SU-27:

At a later point, we will further develop these aircraft to include mouse clickable cockpit and the same level of detail as the DCS: A-10C Warthog, but that is a massive effort that will take time.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1749105#post1749105

--NoJoe

[EDIT] Whoa, I initially came off way more snappy than I meant to the first time. Must be my bed time. Edited to sound more how I meant to sound. :)

Edited by NoJoe

It's quite clear what the plan is in his post. I don't know why theres a huge debate.

F15 and Su27 independent modules so users without lock on can fly and then later we get DCS F15 and Su27 along with F18 much later on.

English. Do you speak it? lol