Friday Update Appreciation Thread

People seem to have forgotten the "good old days" of an update every couple months saying very little and with a screenshot vaguely displaying a feature mentioned - and that's if they mentioned a feature in the first place, instead of just saying "We're working on stuff and things, and fixing some other stuff and things. Can't say much. xoxo ED gurl"

Wags was very enthusiastic about getting clearance to update us more often and without having to go through thousands of permissions and checks, and I can't thank him enough for doing so :) And mind you, we're getting pretty big updates - two weeks in and we already know of two upcoming releases and three future DCS modules, just think of it! :D

Can be a double edged sword though. The last Friday update caused a storm in the forums and Wags had to clarify what he meant even though it was already there in black and white. Updates are good, people who get the wrong end of the stick, not so good. If was a Dev I would get quite depressed reading some of the comments.

every update and every information is appreciated, doesn`t matter if good or bad..... and it is very funny to read all the post :music_whistling:

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I've said it before but ecstatic to say it again, this community sets it apart from other games I play. I was trying to explain to my wife yesterday that , yep, that's the guy in charge there, writing about what he wants to bring to the game and yes I was reading a discussion between a Chinook pilot and a Huey pilot the other day.

The relaxed "fireside-chat tone" that Matt has kicked off recently is why I keep tuning into the forums to see whats happening, and that in turn has made me buy a couple of modules I wouldn't have bought otherwise. I usually hit this place before I hit bbc.co.uk/news - that's saying something.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Appreciate all the dedication and hard work ED. Matt the updates are an awesome addition most understand the context and realise "everything is subject to change". :)

lol @ Scarecrow "say no to drugs"....that's gold mate - love it. :)

Ken.

Count me in too! It's a shame to read people posting negative things straight away.

I think it's great we get a little message on a Friday, no matter how small it's nice to get little snippets into the future.

Hopefully they will continue!

No, we don't need any updates, don't you people realize the the time spent for creating updates could go towards developing hardcore modules instead!

I'd rather be kept in the dark if it makes new stuff come out a few minutes earlier!!

I kid I kid! :D

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

[...]

As 90% of people won't read the most important part of your post, have fun, i'm out. :)

Just remember: Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each. :D

Edit: Some

might be in order.
Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I'm in! The recent change in ED information policy was much appreciated!

Yeah, the last update wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear, but nevermind. I prefer being informed right away, even if the news aren't exactly good for me, rather than waiting forever in uncertainty.

Thank you Wags and ED for those updates, and don't get discouraged by our ranting. We are hard to please, you know. ;)

But even if we might be sometimes unhappy with the news, I think nobody here doubts the benefit of regular updates. Good work guys! :thumbup:

Been here a while ... watching, reading most threads when I can, following trends up and down, helping when I am able, listening and soaking up the invaluable experience in these pages ... and buying releases/modules when I can (except P51 which interests me not).

I remember the early days when pandemonium sometimes reigned on these forums because of an ED announcement or action.

I remember the pure joy I (and I think many others) felt with A-10C when I loaded the beta...and it still gives joy years later--no WoW or BF3 or FPS can approach that longevity to cost ratio.

I remember the wonder and future-scape visions I had (and still have) when DCS World was released and as it matures. IMO, the right way to be going.

Who (what?) am I? I am old--some might say ancient @ 69 :megalol: ... I am an ED fan-boy, admitted and true--but I am also a realist in most things and I understand business models. I still own my original Falcon 4 Christmas present although I haven't flow the F16 for years (have BMS loaded, too!). I am a hard-core Study Simmer who loves checklists and learning to fly exciting platforms (and the Huey is an exciting one right now!). But I am also a medium-fidelity simmer/gamer who enjoys putting time into the tactics and mission play rather than spending hours memorizing key strokes and programming player hardware--and picking my chopper pieces off the runway every day. And I am a low-fidelity gamer/simmer who loves to do a quick down and dirty mission when time is limited.

My point is that there are all sorts of people out there (simmers and *gasp* gamers) who do--and will--enjoy the DCS offerings--and--fortunately or not the majority do not visit these forums. I think ED is doing an excellent job of trying to reach all aspects of their market. It would be very easy for them, as a company, to say forget the low-percentage fanatic study simmers and the headaches they bring ... let's go for the market share with the best payback.

For that, and for the updates, thank you ED! I just hope I have enough of this precious life left to see the wonders I think are coming! :smilewink:

/signed/ a fan!

• Like 1

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

and It's only Thursday....

We got another 8 days... :(

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Sign me up. I'm definitely very appreciative of the Friday updates and would love to see them continue.

I'd also argue that the impassioned discussions in the other thread are very valuable. They're generally being conducted in a mature fashion and there's value in ED hearing the feedback early in the process as opposed to a year or two into development.

Regardless, the updates are hugely appreciated (at least by me). Long may they continue.

Full Ack! Nothing to be added from my side.

Sign me up. I'm definitely very appreciative of the Friday updates and would love to see them continue.

I'd also argue that the impassioned discussions in the other thread are very valuable. They're generally being conducted in a mature fashion and there's value in ED hearing the feedback early in the process as opposed to a year or two into development.

Regardless, the updates are hugely appreciated (at least by me). Long may they continue.

+1 here

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

'Friday updates' are a waste of time IMO. I'd actually prefer news when there is something significant and decided to be announced, irreverent of time frame. Once a month or once a year.

I understand it from a 'raise our profile' point of view, but i think it detracts from the rest of the forum that can be a great source for sharing and building knowledge. The community wastes it's energy 'discussing' the 'news'.

I'm all for the DEVs sharing their thoughts and plans.. but not in a structure every Friday way.

Just my 2 cents.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

How's Thursday for you then? :D Or once every two weeks? Or three? How long the update should be for you?

And what if everyone else is fine with weekly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

How's Thursday for you then? :D Or once every two weeks? Or three? How long the update should be for you?

And what if everyone else is fine with weekly?

MadTommy didn't say: Don't do it, OR ElSE! Now did he?

He just gave his opinion on the matter without claiming anything further.

Your reaction is indicative of why discussions end up heated up on these boards; people just seem to have a hard time accepting someone else's views.

We are not here to be right, we here to discuss and provide feedback.

And if people would respect and accept the views of others a bit more, the discussions around here would be less about hair pullling and heartaches. ;)

You can still disagree while accepting someone's view, you know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”