Flaming Cliffs 3 promo

• ED Team

Hey guys.

Here's the Flaming Cliffs 3 promo i made, and though its quite far away from the epic movie I was hoping to make, it's a decent promo video, that hopefully gets the job done. I'd say its on par with my Combined Arms promo in terms of "quality".

I literally made it from scratch in around 25 hours, spread across 4 days in total. It was sort of a rush-job, and I didnt even have time to add in sound effects, since I finished the movie at around 4-4:30 AM last night, before I had to upload it to ED.

If there's any interest, I can re-upload the movie later and add sound effects. :)

Big thanks to Binary Orchestra once again for the music!

Edited by Glowing_Amraam
  • Like 2

Nice job again Cato and Kyle :thumbsup:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Amazing job Cato. :) BTW...are fire effects part of 1.2.5 or am I missing some new files from my install?

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Why are there models in there that are not part of flaming cliffs 3?

It's severely misleading.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great video, but it's unfair for new people who think they are getting all of that in fc3 only to have their hearts broken to find out they can't operate any of those DCS modules. But like I said, it's a nice video, just a tad bit misleading.

• ED Team
Why are there models in there that are not part of flaming cliffs 3?

It's severely misleading.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great video, but it's unfair for new people who think they are getting all of that in fc3 only to have their hearts broken to find out they can't operate any of those DCS modules. But like I said, it's a nice video, just a tad bit misleading.

Actually, that bit where you see the A-10C, Black Shark, CA and the Huey, is just to indicate that it's part of the DCS world, and that they share the same "universe".

Either way, what I showed in the video is what ED wanted me to include. :)

Either way, what I showed in the video is what ED wanted me to include. :)

Thanks for clearing that up.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
Nice one .. but for me Slamraam with his DCS Flaming Cliffs 3: Operation Grand Slam movie is THE KING !

Of course, that movie is great, and he's a very good movie producer. :)

Which is expected after 250 hours of work. This promo represents somewhere around 25 hours of work.

Edited by Glowing_Amraam

How did you get such great performance with all those rocket attacks and smoke on the ground? Rendering out of the track?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

• ED Team
How did you get such great performance with all those rocket attacks and smoke on the ground? Rendering out of the track?

No, I used Fraps for everything. Just did the normal routine, slowed the game down by 50%, recorded, and increased the speed of the footage back to normal speed during editing.

• ED Team
Not bad - average.

To be honest, was expecting something along the lines of SPEED continuation. Thought that mini-series captured the spirit of LOMAC/FC a lot better.

Now, it seems like there is no focus in the videos, trying to cram too much.

ED gave me a list of stuff to include, and i follow it. The contents of the video was not my decision, only how to show it, given the extremely short schedule. :)

And following the "Speed" concept would mean only (or mostly) showing dogfighting, and Flaming Cliffs is more than just that.

Edited by Glowing_Amraam

Understandable!

It is true, hard to separate any module from the rest of them - now that they are all in one place. Flaming Cliffs though is the only module featuring fast air, which I think what most people identify it with.

Just sharing my opinion GA, not trying to be a negative nancy! Always been a big fan of your work.

• ED Team
Understandable!

It is true, hard to separate any module from the rest of them - now that they are all in one place. Flaming Cliffs though is the only module featuring fast air, which I think what most people identify it with.

Just sharing my opinion GA, not trying to be a negative nancy! Always been a big fan of your work.

By all means, we all have our opinions. :D

Personally, im not happy with the promo (production-wise). Never rushed so badly to get a movie out of the way before.

Let's just pretend "Project 18" will follow a different path :megalol: ;)

Actually, that bit where you see the A-10C, Black Shark, CA and the Huey, is just to indicate that it's part of the DCS world, and that they share the same "universe".

Aye, that's a wee bit of a boo-boo as the cockpit shots would seem to indicate/give rise to a legitimate expectation of flyability/playability, which the FC3 module obviously does not allow :)

Other than that, Great Vid - you seem to have the knack of bottling 'Suspense' :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Aye, that's a wee bit of a boo-boo as the cockpit shots would seem to indicate/give rise to a legitimate expectation of flyability/playability, which the FC3 module obviously does not allow :)

True, I asked if there should be some text within the video, but this was not needed, so.. :)

It sounds to me like that was the intent.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: