DCS: UH-1H Videos

wess24m

• 3 weeks later...

This one is my fiancees literally first ever flight in a rotor craft. Here experience before this was a DCS P51 and a Yak 52 so I was expecting a different ending.

This one is me flying but there is several minutes of monologue in it explaining what Cervical Dystonia is. I made it for a support group/online friends and it attempts to show as best as possible what this condition is like using a VR perspective as it tracks head movement precisely. Please note only my head shakes like it does in the video. My eyes and brain somehow compensate for it and allow me to fly but it is physically demanding. At the end I fly around and show I still can fly. It is however much better than it was at the beginning of this year before I started getting treatment. You don't know how much you'll miss this game until you can't play it so it is great to be flying again.

Watch this one if you want to skip the horror show and just see the flight 😉

• Like 3

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

1 hour ago, Shrubbo said:

This one is my fiancees literally first ever flight in a rotor craft. Here experience before this was a DCS P51 and a Yak 52 so I was expecting a different ending.

This one is me flying but there is several minutes of monologue in it explaining what Cervical Dystonia is. I made it for a support group/online friends and it attempts to show as best as possible what this condition is like using a VR perspective as it tracks head movement precisely. Please note only my head shakes like it does in the video. My eyes and brain somehow compensate for it and allow me to fly but it is physically demanding. At the end I fly around and show I still can fly. It is however much better than it was at the beginning of this year before I started getting treatment. You don't know how much you'll miss this game until you can't play it so it is great to be flying again.

Watch this one if you want to skip the horror show and just see the flight 😉

Well done mate, nice landing.  Brilliant that you have come this far and can produce videos like you have.  Thank you for sharing a very different perspective on things.  Good luck to you and yours.

I am new to the Huey and it is my first chopper.  Never thought I would like it as much as I do, but I am hooked on the Huey now that is for sure 🙂

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In DCS, you can autorotate a helicopter, do just about anything wrong, and still land safely.
All the more vital that you know how to do it correctly, at least in theory.

Always happy landings ;)