DCS: UH-1H Videos

wess24m

Give it a little collective. You'll have an easier time, as counter intuitive as it sounds.

Yes, and reset the Trim. During a normal Cruise your trim is, depending on Speed / Collective, pretty far in the Front. So your Stick movement is not enoug to pull it back and keep in Horizontal. You can train this without putting the engines off... Just try to put the Collective down and keep it stable...

greetings

Edited by dahui

Yes, and reset the Trim. During a normal Cruise your trim is, depending on Speed / Collective, pretty far in the Front. So your Stick movement is not enoug to pull it back and keep in Horizontal. You can train this without putting the engines off... Just try to put the Collective down and keep it stable...

greetings

Trim the helicopter for 75 kts, which is the best glide speed for the Huey. Add collective as necessary to keep the engine from overspeeding, start your deceleration at 100 feet, and start pulling hard on the collective at 15 feet. Lots of practice there...

• 2 weeks later...
Trim the helicopter for 75 kts, which is the best glide speed for the Huey. Add collective as necessary to keep the engine from overspeeding, start your deceleration at 100 feet, and start pulling hard on the collective at 15 feet. Lots of practice there...

What's the indication for overspeed? I recall the manual said to keep it around something like 310rpm but the numbers on that dial are too small for me to read from default FOV.

Youll have a master warning light indication for rotor rpm on the dashboard annunciator panel, and youll hear your engine rpm revving up faster than what they are in full military. Sounds like when you dont have the auto governor engaged, and you have full throttle opened up. If you cant read the gauges, you can at least see the red no-go line on the rpm indicator.

• 2 weeks later...

My 1st flight in the Huey, plus a second flight to try out Momo pedals for rudder control.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

If you're looking for some videos and a weekly stream to tune into, check out my thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2023102#post2023102

Would be so great to have you guys tuning in and checking my content out, I'm doing my best to give you guys a good show and related videos.

Just to add to the thread, here's some highlights from last week's stream:

Stream recordings, videos and updates

Twitch.TV :: YouTube :: Twitter

a cautious attempt:

(fuel 80%, cargo 1500lbs, autohook)

Nice Video indeed, but I noticed that during hover to deliver the cargo, your engine temps where in the 'engine fire' side... That's why I have posted many months now that engine temp should be realistic implemented... we will be surprised when it does as to what we all where doing wrong until then...

You could have taken less fuel or less cargo, agreed, but with engine temp not implemented you haven't got into the thought of 'oh, I won't have all the torque I need to do my job, so I much plan accordingly', as none of us would have done, or 'oh I am at the limits of torque, where are those graphs to calculate and see, will I have enought torque to do my job?', cause we now have all the torque we want...

Nice video again and nice skills!

Edited by sondo214
  • Like 1

You could have taken less fuel or less cargo, agreed, but with engine temp not implemented you haven't got into the thought of 'oh, I won't have all the torque I need to do my job, so I much plan accordingly', ...

Exactly. :) Never had trouble with my engine so never thought about engine temp and management.

Anyway thats a good point and should be implemented in a dcs module. Hopefully it is WIP and we will have it soon?

I redone a tutorial on stable hovering and included a tutorial on how to sling load. One of the better tutorials Ive made, and I may do more this weekend. I kinda threw this one together tonight. If its not visible yet, give it a minute to process, its brand new.

• 3 weeks later...

-LFxTWdnTCY

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Nice flying, and parking on train 'b00ce'!! :thumbup:

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to post a preview video for my mission i'm making "Haulin' Trash" but couldn't find an appropriate thread, I don't think it deserved it's own thread because it's just a preview.

So since this is our unsticky (for now) video thread I'll post what I came to post in the non-existent video thread. :D

So this is me testing out triggers for the new mission forgive the sloppy flying (and video, Vegas decided to chew on my video while rendering) was going for speed not grace, also to get a approximate time somebody could show up flying my mission while hitting the triggers at the first drop off point.

While there's a more detailed description on the video page of YouTube, i'll give you a quick rundown.

1-2 hour mission covering 60-80 miles, lots and lots of triggers. You will be you delivering supplies to bases and field units (which might not sound fun, it is, to me at least). I also threw a new dynamic at you, mission weather will be 100 degrees+ (38-43C) as well as real dynamic loading. When you drop something off it will effect the weight of your chopper, if you pick something up it will add to the weight. It will include being unloaded by real troops and not just land and have your stuff magically delivered. Also I read about a script that somebody else is working on that allows dynamic troop insertion and extraction, can be with any Huey not just scripted ones. he's releasing it to the public and when that happens my missions will include it.

In the video i'm pushing the Huey (in mission weather, at beginning mission weight) to the extreme limit of it's performance. If you'd like to try it out get 50% fuel and cargo weight of 500 kilograms plus 100-107 degree weather and fly around. With these kind of conditions your Huey is going to top out around 80-100 knots sustained if you use your energy efficiently.

The mission will be out tomorrow or the next day. enjoy.

Its really worthy to be here on this thread.

• 1 month later...