RAAF "Bushranger" Gunship Skin

Skoshi Tiger

Here is my first attempt at a skin for sim

It's a quick and dirty Skin was created using the skin template from the DCS forum and is loosely based on A2-1019, an Vietnam veteran Iraquois preserved at the Australian War Memorial.

I wouldn't call it "Historical" as A2-1019 was a UH-1B and did not have the gun and rocket pods. This aircraft is closer in configuration to the RAAF's "Bushranger" gunships. My Contribution to the skin was basically the RAAF markings and blacked out nose.

dcs2013-05-1113-40-24-63_zps321f0c7b.png

dcs2013-05-1113-38-35-76_zpsdb3f4863.png

A2-1019 in service

P04955.003.jpg

Bushranger Gunship

P02975.058.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Skoshi Tiger

nice work, are you going to do the army version?

I've done lots of skinning in FSX but not in DCS, I was going to do the Aust. army cammo at some stage but it will take me a while to get around to it so if someone does one in the meantime that would be great.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

So I have a quick question about skinning. Which program do you make the new skin with and if I make a mission using a skin I made does whomever plays have to download the skin independently of the mission, or is it included within the mission file?

You can use photoshop or GiMP (which is free)

For everybody to see it on MP they will have to have it installed themselves.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Hi Skoshi Tiger,

Nice work. Is there some place I can download this skin if you are willing to share? I couldn't find it on the ED User Files download section. You should give the Army Bushranger Gunship a go as they were when with 5 Avn Regt.

Print_Huey%20Profile%20Army%201996%20Gunship%20Blue%20Background.jpg

It already looks just about perfect to me, but if you need photos of any areas or aspects let me know.

Cheers,

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

It already looks just about perfect to me, but if you need photos of any areas or aspects let me know.

Cheers,

- Bear

Cheers Huggy. Only thing left now is to change the gunners when the base textures are released. This actual chopper is down your way at Phillip Island. I was down there a few years ago, actually have to check my photos I should have some of it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey tromac, thanks for putting in the effort !! Looks great.

OT: Was just at your groups website and stumbled across your broken surgeon simulator video. That was 5 mins ago and i'm still chuckling to myself. Funny stuff.

Good work Tromac, i got halfway thru painting that skin and decided to have a look on the forum, and found you finished this beauty, once again well done. Good to see the Aussie versions.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I have to apologise to Skoshi for hijacking his thread as his skin is fantastic!

I've released an update with better blended blacks and also added two additional aircraft numbers. So there is now A2-110, A2-149 and A2-295

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]