FSX vs. A-10c

Maachine

Can you make a pancake without looking in the mirror?

Yes, exactly twice.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

FSuX is really only good as a platform for payware add-ons and hardcore civi jets like PMDG etc.

You will NEVER be happy with any "combat" or "military" jets in FSuX.

InBeforeTheLock_zpsc94bc9d3.gif

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

How about the IRS you bastards?

Utterly irrelevant like the rest, including VRS because...

You CANNOT fly them in an AI-interactive tactical combat environment.

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

You could stick your answer for some one who asks for that particular question.

Right back at ya. :thumbup:

hahaha, you know, i frequent a lot of forums. i gotta say, the pissing contest here is superior to the rest. by the way, i've been flying FSX and doing the training missions and such. pretty fun little game really. it does lack in many departments but the fun factor is alright.

It is fun. If you fly big realistic airliner addons, some nice scenery addons and a good weather addon, throw in a couple of engine, instrument or hydraulic failures and a realistic traffic addon it suddenly becomes very interesting to the point where your hands start to sweat.

If you are a real pilot as well with access to Jeppesen charts then the realism goes over the roof. I love FSX, it just that it has been neglected for a number of years and the "cracks" start to become bigger with many addons now becoming more and more system demanding, you can't push for more than 30-40 fps even with the best rig on the planet.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Would you share your understanding of the IRS system?

At some point during my PMDG 737 NGX flight I was a bit curious to see the effects of switching the IRS knobs from NAV to OFF in flight, (why not?),.. OK I understand the effects of ripping all the NAV data from the displays but then I have no idea how to reinstate the NAV system, with all the GPS wires and stuff to continue on with the flight.

Actually I had that idea based on watching one of those Air crash Investigation programs.

What would you do, any idea?

not sure I understand your question...are you asking what function each position of the nav switch performs?

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

not sure I understand your question...are you asking what function each position of the nav switch performs?

I sought about the IRS knob positions in PMDG manual at some point during the flight, that was when I decided to switch the IRS knobs from NAV to OFF.

Well in this case I’m trying maintain the experience as a hobby and learn a little at a time, I’ve even got a file of an airline manuals but the extent of it is outside of my scope.

The reading, practice and tutorials helped me understand the process of getting from A to B and the FMC functions to some degree.

My understanding of the system is limited yet I click on switches and buttons, fly sids and stars, holds,..

In this example I’m interested in the sequences of clicks that a pilot would do in the two different circumstances:

1. IRS failure

2. IRS switches are found in OFF position (they are not caped).

Thanks for your enthusiastic interest, just kidding, no I’m not.

Ta.

Edited by monotwix

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.