Mission discussion thread "Beheading the hydra"

wess24m

Today you're heading a fast response unit. You're tasked with on-call CAS for our special forces team.

Bravo just called in that they have General Green cornered in a house. This general has been threatening the US with the rogue military faction that he has under his control. We don't know how many units he has under his command so things could get out of hand very quickly if he has communication in that house he's hold up in.

**details**

You should be able to tune the ADF radio, uses real cargo weights, some of the triggers will have you waiting for up to 3 minutes, the mission isn't broken it's designed that way. Just do as tasked. If you're waiting for over 5 minutes then check and make sure you did as was requested.

Your base has no weapons or fuel, this is intentional. This is a longer mission, over an hour and covers about 60-80 miles. No in-game radio this time, sorry.

MISSION AREA

Good luck

Edited by wess24m

Ummh, my bird is dry as James Bond´s Martinis, no fuel... :smilewink:

edit: Tried again and for sitting around in a dry bird and picking my nose for 8 Minutes I was promoted to Major :lol:

empty.jpg.7a9860039212ac51605758b1c0585a3c.jpg

Edited by WolfK33

What can I say except "Thank You!" for the umpteenth time, almost every day another great mission !

But, a problem occured:

I absolutely loved the part with the little "break" at Senaki!

Let´s spool her down and have a cigarette ;-)

"Did he say ´hairy´ and ´rearm´ in one sentence ? Good they had some spare boomstuff here!"

rearm.jpg

Unfortunately the two Humvees were destroyed by the enemy with AT3 before the Warthogs arrived:

toolate.jpg

The A10s destroyed the enemy units, I circled a while, but nothing more happened, as our heros were all dead:

alldead.jpg

I hope that that wasn´t part of the plan and I didn´t stop the mission after 1.5 hours for nothing ;-)

And, as you can see, those BRDMs did me some ouch! It did get hairy

Aside from that, another great one ! And they keep getting better and better!

Sorry about that, I had that issue while testing the mission but i'd moved them back further. Let me check the mission and fix that issue.

**edit** ok double fixed it, they shouldn't give anybody any more trouble. Redownload if you'd like. I also added a message if Bravo doesn't survive so you're not hanging around.

Thank you for letting me know.

Edited by wess24m

Nothing to be sorry about.

My fear was that you would say "That was supposed to happen, you should've waited a little longer" :doh: :smilewink:

edit: great, will fly this again tomorrow !

Edited by WolfK33

Nothing to be sorry about.

My fear was that you would say "That was supposed to happen, you should've waited a little longer" :doh: :smilewink:

edit: great, will fly this again tomorrow !

Nope you shouldn't have to wait longer than 5 minutes for any tasking. Let me know if you have any more issues with the mission. I'm going to start having people test them before main release from now on. If you'd like i'll PM new missions to you before release if you'd like to help me beta test them.

Shure thing ! I don't know s**t about triggers and flags and all that, but I of course can fly them and report if something went wrong like above. :joystick:

I will fly every mission you make anyways :pilotfly:

Shure thing ! I don't know s**t about triggers and flags and all that, but I of course can fly them and report if something went wrong like above. :joystick:

I will fly every mission you make anyways :pilotfly:

You won't need to know about those, just let me know if things go right. I'll PM you when I have something thanks.

Today you're heading a fast response unit. You're tasked with on-call CAS for our special forces team.

Bravo just called in that they have General Green cornered in a house. This general has been threatening the US with the rogue military faction that he has under his control. We don't know how many units he has under his command so things could get out of hand very quickly if he has communication in that house he's hold up in.

**details**

You should be able to tune the ADF radio, uses real cargo weights, some of the triggers will have you waiting for up to 3 minutes, the mission isn't broken it's designed that way. Just do as tasked. If you're waiting for over 5 minutes then check and make sure you did as was requested.

Your base has no weapons or fuel, this is intentional. This is a longer mission, over an hour and covers about 60-80 miles. No in-game radio this time, sorry.

MISSION AREA

Good luck

Will you (and others) be posting their missions also on the DCS home webpage under "User files"? Would be easier to keep track of the various missions posted that way.

However, I noticed their is no way to select the UH-1 as the main aircraft of the mission (other aircraft can be selected as filters when searching through the various posts...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Will you (and others) be posting their missions also on the DCS home webpage under "User files"?

I most likely won't. I've found that file search (on the ED site) to be kind of wonky, not to mention not kept up (still have files that don't work anymore). If you just look in the mission section for the Huey I think that would keep it organized enough.

Retested it, found another problem, sorry :(

The part with the A10s went well this time, the enemy was destroyed, Bravo drove on but then stopped in the town and nothing more happened:

screen130514122652.jpg

Another picture so you can see where they stopped:

screen130514122715.jpg

Oh, and I was pretty glad that I had filled her up a bit to 57% (to allow some weight for the soldiers) of fuel in Senaki, after nothing happened I flew home to Sukhumi and landed there with 7% of fuel. Not sure if I would´ve made it with the initial load. But maybe that´s intentional and I don´t know how the mission would go on usually :)

Retested it, found another problem, sorry :(

The part with the A10s went well this time, the enemy was destroyed, Bravo drove on but then stopped in the town and nothing more happened:

screen130514122652.jpg

Another picture so you can see where they stopped:

screen130514122715.jpg

Oh, and I was pretty glad that I had filled her up a bit to 57% (to allow some weight for the soldiers) of fuel in Senaki, after nothing happened I flew home to Sukhumi and landed there with 7% of fuel. Not sure if I would´ve made it with the initial load. But maybe that´s intentional and I don´t know how the mission would go on usually :)

Damn it, I flew this mission like 6 times before release and didn't have any of these problems happen. Thank you for the feedback, I'll check it out again.

**edit** made yet another change. Hopefully this will fix the issue. Sorry for the bugs guys, I have a lot to learn still.

Edited by wess24m

• 4 months later...

Hi wess24m,

I am slowly working through your Missions...but it seems like 1.2.6 messed them all up a bit. The "Beheading the Hydra" Mission seems not to work at all..no NDB Transmitts..no Triggers seem to work..nothing happens in this Mission..any Chance you take a look at your Missions again?! Get them ready for 1.2.6?! That would be really great, because I guess you did an outstanding Job with your Missions:)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Hi wess24m,

I am slowly working through your Missions...but it seems like 1.2.6 messed them all up a bit. The "Beheading the Hydra" Mission seems not to work at all..no NDB Transmitts..no Triggers seem to work..nothing happens in this Mission..any Chance you take a look at your Missions again?! Get them ready for 1.2.6?! That would be really great, because I guess you did an outstanding Job with your Missions:)

Did you try to re-save the mission from within the mission editor under a different name?

• 4 months later...

Well unfortunately I am afraid it does not work in 1.2.7 either. The 1750 freq of the HUMMER does not give any signal as soon as I take off so I beleive that the whole mission won't work. Haven't flyied all the way there though, but I am afraid that even if I do I will have the same results as Lizzard did. Any chance to fix the mission?

Hi Sondo,

uhmm..that Mission had loads of Bugs...I fixed it a while ago...give it a try (but you know..it`s all wess24m`s work:)). Unfortunatley I have not played it in 1.2.7 yet, so maybe some minor Bugs may appear (weapons loadout or something)

UH-1 Huey Beheading the Hydra.miz

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..