About to lay down SERIOUS money

The only down side is the lack of a twist rudder, but this is after all a no compromise replica and you should really be flying with pedals . Throw in TrackIR and you're looking at hell of a lot of money, but you won't find a better setup for the A-10C.

I can see the lack of a twist rudder limiting if one is used to that setup or doesn't want to buy pedals, but I agree that if one wants to get the best setup one must have rudder pedals of some kind. I personally don't like the twist rudder anyway because it is hard for me to coordinate turns with them.

But you're correct, it's a lot of money but a perfect match for the A-10C simulation and works really, really, really well for just about any other sim out there that I've seen, although I have to admit that I haven't flown much in Rise of Flight, MS Flight, or FlightGear (A-10 is too much fun).

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys THXS VERY MUCH for you're input and comments.. Well rounded conversation. And it helped :)

I Have placed the order early this morning, and hopefully on my doorstep by Friday.

Also i do own Saiteks Rudder pedals. Wouldn't fly without them :)

So again thxs for all the insights and helpful remarks :)

Regards

Mike

Hey guys THXS VERY MUCH for you're input and comments.. Well rounded conversation. And it helped :)

I Have placed the order early this morning, and hopefully on my doorstep by Friday.

Also i do own Saiteks Rudder pedals. Wouldn't fly without them :)

So again thxs for all the insights and helpful remarks :)

Regards

Mike

You will not regret it ;)

The warthog caused me to suffer from nerve problems in the hand, also the fire button trigger causes me problems aswell when pushing it.

Basically I have to suffer to play with my warthog, but I dont mind aslong as I take enough breaks it isnt too bad.

This is something you might want to look into as the hog is a big stick and its slghtly too big for my hands hence the pain when firing and the pins and needles like feeling when flying for too long.

Just something to be aware of is all.

P.S

Even with the pain, I wouldnt stop using the hog and go back to my x52.

You might try putting on flying gloves, bumfire.

They might ease the pressure on your hands.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

My finger would hurt at first just from having to squeeze the trigger so damn hard, but after a while it loosened up a bit and I guess I got used to it.

The stick does cause me some wrist pain after flying for a while but I think that's because I have it desk mounted and it's too high for me.

I'm thinking of making a bracket for my chair and mounting it to the side and fairly low, as the base of the stick is quite high. Probably do the same with the throttle on the left.

If you want to fly with a centre stick, there's a DIY mod out there for offsetting the stick grip to the right to provide a more natural position if you'd rather go down that route.

Hopefully DCS will decide to support the Oculus Rift at some point in the future, then I can mod a HMD and headset into a flight helmet and really enter the Matrix!

:pilotfly:

No pain, no gain ;)

It's fairly simple to remove the big spring as you can see in my vid (already linked in this thread). And you won't break anything, so you can revert easily. At first it feels strange without the spring, but after a week it is very, very convenient. I'd never go back again.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Best mod I did to the stick was grease it with some quality grease. All the spring mods just did do it for me, to floppy.

Can't say better.

Extension mod also can deliver few funny minutes.

Всех убью, один останусь!

If you want to fly with a centre stick, there's a DIY mod out there for offsetting the stick grip to the right to provide a more natural position if you'd rather go down that route.

I use the cheapest DIY option there is; I just place the unmodified stick with its metal plate on my seat and I just sit on top of the plate.

It's steady as a rock and voila, centre mounted stick. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I use the cheapest DIY option there is; I just place the unmodified stick with its metal plate on my seat and I just sit on top of the plate.

It's steady as a rock and voila, centre mounted stick. :)

A Chair with a little table mounted do fine too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=81707&stc=1&d=1368618900

Desctop2.thumb.jpg.9f186add4104e624e67d7fc97b670657.jpg

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

I gave this a go but came to the conclusion that I need a bigger chair or a smaller arse! :D

I gave this a go but came to the conclusion that I need a bigger chair or a smaller arse! :D

I think that can be used only temporary, that would really annoy me to feel this plate under my butt :lol:

I don't have the TM Warthog but the cheap T.FLIGHT, I modded it and fixed it on a wooden board supported by a post cut at the size I wanted, I used 4 threaded rods to stabilize it but I'm gonna change it for wooden triangles. I did that to keep my chair totally free and I can move the stick away really easily.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

I don't even feel the plate, but that might be dependant on your butt and chair you're using. :p

Buz, I tried a similar setup like you have, centre mounted on a tray, but I find the stick too high to be comfortable.

Having my arms resting on my legs while flying is much more comfortable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't even feel the plate, but that might be dependant on your butt and chair you're using. :p

Buz, I tried a similar setup like you have, centre mounted on a tray, but I find the stick too high to be comfortable.

Having my arms resting on my legs while flying is much more comfortable.

I can tilt the table with the joystick, so it's a bit more comfortable than on Picture. Also the big table itself is adjustable in height, so it might look higher than for real.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

I took one link out of the spring. To me it felt to stiff. I have heard that the blue angles have a 30 lb spring on there stick so they have pull back at all times. I mounted my stick to a 3" pvc pipe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...