Sample: huey troop pickup/dropoff via radio command

Deck

In this account form Vietnam on Youtube an unarmed Huey carrys out 22 soliders, one or two being held onto the skids for dear life!

So I think an armed Huey could carry 11 passengers and weapons at a push.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• ED Team
In this account form Vietnam on Youtube an unarmed Huey carrys out 22 soliders, one or two being held onto the skids for dear life!

So I think an armed Huey could carry 11 passengers and weapons at a push.

Unless the soldiers really let themselves go....

american_fat_soldier.jpg

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Great Mission! Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

He doesn`t wrote that he had troops AND guns/rockets loaded at the same time.;) Aren`t there also gunship slots in the mission(could be that I have flown a modified version though)?

I´m not sure, is weight added to the chopper (via trigger) when loading troops?

That is something I would _love_ to make happen, but sadly I'm still on the lookout for any kind of function that will give me a way to implement it.

The "Hold the line" mission was only me getting my head around the LUA, and a showcase for the guys I fly online with, please do not consider it a "serious mission" of any kind. It was basically just for the laugh :beer:

Where I have to put this line? :)

As far as I know, and please prove me wrong, the "set internal cargo" is only for the Player unit, it does not apply to Client. In the ME, it does not accept any kind of "unit" argument.

It looks to me that we're in the same kind of pudding than for the "failure" trigger, which would be such a treat to have available for client aircrafts.

Let us hope it will become so one day !

Has anybody noticed that this script ALSO works for ground units controlled by the Battlefield Commander (Combined Arms addon)? Just include the name of the unit you want to enable as a transport to the list in the script and you will have the F10 radio menu also available on the M113 tank, for instance. This opens a wide range of options for ground operations missions.

• 3 months later...

It would also be nice to use the sling for a multi-hookup system.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 month later...
The biggest problem I encountered while making this was understanding how missionCommands.addCommandForGroup() actually functions in multiplayer, because things that appear to work for the mission host may not be available for other players, depending on the circumstances.

Specifically, you cannot simply call addCommandForGroup for each client group at mission start. Rather, you must only call addCommandForGroup when that group is populated by a client, requiring the script to use a periodic timer to check the client slots for non-nil state.

Does this still apply to the current version of DCS world?

I was looking at mission script and a table is used to keep track of which group had the command menu options added. But it doesn't look like the this use case is handled:

What happens when that person leaves and another person joins in their place?

I'm guessing you'll need another scheduled function to check if the group exists and if not to remove them from the table of clients.

Edited by number3

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

• 3 weeks later...

How can I get this script without the constant updates for how many enemy units remain and stuff? I'm terribly inexperienced at scripting and want to implement it in one of my missions that spans over a huge range and doesn't have these set zones held by enemies

Edited by Serp Supreme

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I play Huey Drop 2 mission SP ..Without a Gun Ship I am a sitting duck..FARP/FOB will not re arm/re fuel/repair...The load out I pick is never installed...Would love to be able to soften the ground forces with a couple of gun runs and then hop over to FOB for troop p/u..Is there anyway to add a GS instead of just Slicks ??...Thanks for the great work it amazes me to see these missions get turned out !

Here's a sample mission with scripted troop pickup/dropoff. It uses coalition.addGroup() and missionCommands.addCommandForGroup() for spawning, with built-in waypoint so the dropped troops navigate to the nearest objective area.

Thank you! Very much appreciate you sharing this. I'm in the process of learning to script DCS missions and this is a huge help.

• 8 months later...

Wow :) such a cool mission, I can confirm it still works properly in 1.2.10 like a charm.

Im similar to the below psoter when playing it myself; you do get smacked alot but patience and trail and error and im getting the hang of it. Im also a newb and helis and cant flt for @#$^ If anything is going to make you get into VRS this mission will do it ;) at least Im starting to know when its coming and how to avoid it.

I play Huey Drop 2 mission SP ..Without a Gun Ship I am a sitting duck..FARP/FOB will not re arm/re fuel/repair...The load out I pick is never installed...Would love to be able to soften the ground forces with a couple of gun runs and then hop over to FOB for troop p/u..Is there anyway to add a GS instead of just Slicks ??...Thanks for the great work it amazes me to see these missions get turned out !

2 options for you mate. try opening your cockpit doors when rearming/refueling (Rctrl C). Some maps you have to do this for ground crew to respond.

Second, go into the mission editor and just add door gunners to all the helis :) I did and its awesome coming into the hot LZ and these guys pumping away :) Dont feel so vulnerable

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been flying in the Mission called "HueyDrop2" for several days now by myself.

{I did try the other "HueyDrop" missions too}.

It took me a few days and MANY attempts to finally clean out the city of insurgents. I had many crashes (hard landings .. props go "frisbee'ing" away !!) and got shot down several times before I got the hang of it. What I didn't realize is that I also could (and ultimately have to) pick the troops back up ... either to place them elsewhere OR to return them to the base.

I learned the hard way that troops from different squad drops will also require their own flights back. That is to say, when there were only 2 soldiers left, it required 2 separate flights each with only one soldier... back to the Base to get them home.

It was driving me nuts that I couldn't always get a full load of troops picked back up even when I landed in a "flower patch" of troops.

But that's okay. It's a GREAT MISSION and was lots of fun and kept me occupied for several days ... all day long. I think I was 4 days into it before I managed to kill all insurgents and get all troops back to their base and land back at my base.

I only wish there would have been a MISSION COMPLETED Notice at the end of it all ... for my efforts.

I highly recommend this mission to anyone who hasn't yet already tried it.

It appears to be more of a Multi-Player Mission, but is doable in SP as I finally discovered.

PS> I see on YouTube that there are other variants of this same mission .. at least one other that is during Winter when there is a Night Time Lightning Storm and snowfall.

Is THAT Mission also available for download ?

Thanks to all those that create and share these great missions (that I am currently incapable of creating myself !!).

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. Can you guys give me a clue what is wrong with that code ?

If i add it into initialization script fileld mission will crash DCS at any connected clients.

Its a known problem (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137906). but we don't know how long its going to take to fix.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

• 4 months later...

Hey guys. i don't know much about editing. i modified a mission file. i need your help

i want to pick soldiers up with both huey and mi-8 via radio. helicopters are located in Psychoh (about 14 miles north of nalchik airport)

i have attached the file. can you modify it for me?

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 7 months later...

has anyone gotten this mission to work since the 1.5 update? i played this a few years ago with a friend and we're trying to get the mission to work again, but the radio commands to pick up troops aren't showing up.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.6 | BeQuiet DarkRockPro 3 | MSI GTX 980 | G.Skill 16GB 1866MHz | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

Core i7 3610QM @2.3GHz | GTX 660M 2GB | 8GB 1600MHz | MSI GE-60 0ND laptop

Super old man. Check out CTLD by ciribob. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107

Hes got a sample mission in his github repo as well for you to see how it works.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

• 1 month later...

Can't get radio(to drop) work for other mulitplayers

Hi There,

am relativly new to DCS, after putting the NewHuey.lua in the Missions folder it works to load and unload Troops, but just for me who starts the server, the other players don't have this menue in their radio commands ... ?

Anybody a idea ? :helpsmilie:

And is there a certain place where you have to put the .lua files

Thanks a lot !

Edited by sloot_FX