Hawk - Which kind of missions/campaign?

phant

The export versions are/can be weaponised.

The T.1A has a HUD I believe and can be weaponised.

Edited by joey45
spelling

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

2 mavs and 2 sidewinders......

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Dogfights are won/lost on mistakes. The Su-27 has twin reheated turbojets, making for a nice juicy IR target if you can get behind it long enough.

BVR the Su-27 rules, but get it WVR.....?

Best regards,

Tango.

Dogfights are won/lost on mistakes. The Su-27 has twin reheated turbojets, making for a nice juicy IR target if you can get behind it long enough.

Best regards,

Tango.

Twin Turbofans not turbo jets are on the SU27.

Missions/campaigns for the Hawk:

ACTS flight training campaign(MP/SP)

Red Arrows Campaign

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Twin Turbofans not turbo jets are on the SU27.

At first I thought you were wrong but a quick look at Wikipedia proved otherwise.

You learn some everyday!

• Like 1

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hawk against Su-27? I'll play the 'can you kill me before I drag you within my coalition's SAM and fighter defences' game :D

Plus, a Sidewinder can be a bit of a bitch if you let it come close enough.

But seriously... if we're flying attack/recce in Hawks alone and tangled up with Su-27s, something went wrong either on the planning or the execution.

Either we get some fighter cover from allied air forces or you lads hurry up the Typhoon. We won't last long out there without it :music_whistling: j/k, keep up the amazing work :D

Best regards,

Tango.

Ummm as an Alpha Tester Tango - I LOVE the hawk. After all it has wings and an AHRS.

But, you have to be luckier than a snowball in hell to get behind an Su-27 without a lot of help from OTHER Su-27's, and maybe a couple of F-15's ...

Don't get me wrong I love the Hawk. But in Middle Earth, it's a trainer. Period.

Trainers are usually very nimble and maneuverable aircraft, they can be pretty dangerous.

The biggest drawback of the Hawk against a Su-27 is simply that, while the Hawk can start engaging as soon as the Sidewinder's in range, the Su-27 has a radar that can not only find you before you find them, but also engage you before you can.

By the way, does the Hawk have any RWR of any sorts or are we flying blind to radar theats? If that's the case, whoever's flying along will have to keep calling radar threats, otherwise we're screwed :D

The Su-27 has an upper hand, I agree with you. But if you give the Hawk any space, it will promptly plant a Sidewinder in your plane.

Edited by Lucas_From_Hell
Clarifying it a bit

I may have ignored that :doh: always finding excuses to fly lower than we should :D

Pardon the ignorance but how well/poorly does the Flanker's radar and EOS perform when tracking a low-flying target?

(Since we touched that, anyone recall that video named something like "Invade New Zealand"? :D)

RADAR performance is generally classified, though if the effect was that significant all aircraft would fly nap of the earth to escape detection or evade another aircraft.

Don't forget IRST, either.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

EDGE Middle Earth map could be pretty great. there must be SAM sites all along the Misty Mountains by now.

Hobbiton AFB is surely a great place. And I have it on good authority that the Russians are moving tanks through Fangorn Forest.

EDGE Middle Earth map could be pretty great. there must be SAM sites all along the Misty Mountains by now.

Hobbiton AFB is surely a great place. And I have it on good authority that the Russians are moving tanks through Fangorn Forest.

:megalol:

Best regards,

Tango.

I may have ignored that :doh: always finding excuses to fly lower than we should :D

Pardon the ignorance but how well/poorly does the Flanker's radar and EOS perform when tracking a low-flying target?

(Since we touched that, anyone recall that video named something like "Invade New Zealand"? :D)

Lol they did put big guns on the coast at one stage because they thought Russia was going to invade. :doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]