AAA cover firing without targets...

ENO

Eh guys. Quite simply we all remember the video from Baghdad and the tremendous AAA visible especially at night...

I'm wondering if there is a way to get AAA resources to fire at a continuous rate in the absence of targets on a trigger base.

I'm quite certain we can't do that yet without setting up some small (predator) target orbiting at the fringe of their range and drawing fire.

Has anyone made this work?

I'd like to set it up around cities in enemy territory during certain missions... I think it would be awesome to work something like that out.

Thoughts?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Great idea!

Seems like this should be a feature request.

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

• ED Team

Would be nice to have fire at point and be able to set the altitude in which they are firing... dont know if you can set something like that with a script.

I know its not what you truly want but what about having an invincible drone orbiting above the city, it would be hard to see, especially at night.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Well I wanted to test it but I find within about 2 minutes all the guns just stop firing...

Mission attached as an example. 2 Drones circling about 15 AAA guns at 1000 feet. Guns are at excellent skill level and have the supply trucks in attendance in the event it's an ammo stores thing.

It ALMOST hits what I want- I probably need to put some Shilkas in there too in order to really light it up...

UAVtest.miz

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Not sure if this would work, but have you tried setting an aircraft as invulnerable and invisible then have it circle the area where you'd like the AAA to fire and specify that the AAA engage that unit or group?

The AI see's through buildings, pitch black, weather, don't see why they wouldn't see invisible units. :smartass:

Yeah... but if the unit is invisible the AI can't see it.

I made the units immortal but I have to bump that up to the top of the priority list otherwise they still get shot down.

EDIT:

Okay I added the Shilkas and put them with supply and they shoot all night long. The ZSU 23 emplacements, however, "End Shooting" and I'm not sure what that means exactly. Well, obviously that means they stopped shooting... but each emplacement has multiple entries.

To work, I suspect they need unlimited ammo and the supply trucks aren't providing that.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"