New FM update

TimeKilla

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly agree with everyone else, its certainly more stable, I still managed to get into ring vortex on landing, but that was because of my own silly fault.

The first 5 landings were great, i just got a bit cocky with the last landing. :)

look forward to trying it out properly tomorrow though, as only saw this just as i was packing up for the night.

Will be intresting to hear what our RL pilots in here think about the FM now.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Also about to call it a night now this, haha.

Zombie mode at work tomorrow for sure.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Did I miss something? My autoupdater didn't do anything... ??

How many hours ago did this update take place?

EDIT:

Got it, but why launch the update before making an official announcement?

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Can someone tell me how to update? Nothing in the dcs world news tab and nothing in module manager! Any help I'm new to dcs?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Downloading !!!!

I was already flying this like my bicycle !!! now its gonna be a piece of cake :) I hope they tuned the VRS down a little though

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I just landed on top of one of those red/white towers that you can find around the apron on airports...

I could barely do that with the KA-50. I seriously have my doubts about this excessive stability. It flies like how I imagine game mode... Waiting for opinions of real helicopter pilots...

But if this FM is accurate I'm going to be very happy :thumbup:

'Frett'

The auto updater doesn't seem to do anything, it just gets stuck when I click it in the module manager. I ran it from the start menu and it downloaded and installed a couple of file, one about 1.6 Mb, the other about 68 Mb... but I'm not entirely sure it changed anything in the Huey FM... it still feels like before...

the error message I get when trying to launch the updater from in-game is "windows cannot find bin/dcs_updater.exe" etc...

the file is there but for some reason it doesn't want to open it... Do I need to reinstall??

- EDIT - yes it did update it, it is a tid bit more stable. Sure not the big improvement I expected but at least it is manageable now... Still my R22 is much more stable, seriously...

Edited by SPAS79

• ED Team

In my opinion it has been dumb'd down to much, feels like game mode to me.

:)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

In my opinion it has been dumb'd down to much, feels like game mode to me.

:)

Exactly!

I keep repeating myself... I'd like to hear some thrustworthy opinions soon...

But I do hope the FM is more accurate. Now I can do almost everything I want...

'Frett'

awesome update now i can do any aerobatics i want:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

awesome update now i can do any aerobatics i want:D

I think it's far less aerobatic now. I can tell a big difference, a lot with the vortex ring. :thumbup:

It is far less maneuverable but it seems like it's more accurate now. I don't expect that the Huey was as agile as before the FM tune. From what i've read from pilots it was far too responsive in the cyclic and I now know what they were talking about. It's different, will have to get used to it. Much more stable, especially in low speed and hover.

I'm no expert on choppers, but you can feel the machine better now. It is easier, but still demanding and less unpredictable. Everyone who had trouble earlier on should now be able to learn to fly no sweat.

I just hope they won't change it because someone says it's not that hard anymore. FM should be tweaked to reflect the real machine and harder does not always mean more realistic, so if that's what real pilots say it should be, they should be the authority on this.

After about an hour on the new FM I'm loving it! Managed to land on those boats, control tower, watch tower etc.. It's MUCH better at hovering. There's just enough fight in it to keep the challenge up.

Dare I say, perfect?... Belsimtek - please don't tweak anymore haha!!!! :smilewink:

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Just a heads up to all the whiny comments that expect nothing else but pure perfection to the very core from the first day - It's still a beta :D

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

actually there was a thread that a rl pilot with 1250 hours in flight

mention that it was an error about the VRS

seems that you have more control over this machine and i'm pretty happy with it

and yes you can make aerobatics

just set curve at 0:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

left rudder during cruise

Seems to me that with the new FM you need significant left rudder at cruise conditions (before the rudder position was more or less in neutral). Anybody else notice that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

actually there was a thread that a rl pilot with 1250 hours in flight

mention that it was an error about the VRS

seems that you have more control over this machine and i'm pretty happy with it

and yes you can make aerobatics

just set curve at 0:D

That's why I said less aerobatic. Overall it flys much better for most people. Aside from the VRS I didn't have any trouble flying the previous FM. I took a little high speed low level flight and just have to get used to the slower responses.