Air Ambulance skin and missions WIP !

nickmow

Ok guys as a medical type, I thought I ought to try and bring some civillian/aid to the civil power missions to the field. Its all very much a work in progess. The skin is pure fantasy, I have a little Air Ambulance time and would be first in the queue if the UK got armed Hueys for our helimed operations :thumbup:. Overview is simple, get called to a Road Traffic Collision, pick up a casualty and evac them to the local Hospital......anyone know where that is in Batumi ? :smilewink:. I will get to polishing the skin and mission over the next few days. Oh and credit to "upuaut" please his skins provided the inspiration for me to have a go....I might of borrowed his crew for now too.

Screen_130514_223759.thumb.jpg.a4e70920b09d5f5189c51d2ff959569f.jpg

Screen_130514_223750.thumb.jpg.ab359f6b25ce0d3b7e6e0d5f4a92092b.jpg

Screen_130514_223030.thumb.jpg.7099938ea143e4f7f78aefd415a86150.jpg

Screen_130514_223206.thumb.jpg.6e9b97eea52de270cccc37f799d6feb3.jpg

Screen_130514_223100.thumb.jpg.e1ff532257a2d8c32442d56fb521b39e.jpg

I can't believe we live in a world where people grab chairs and watch when someone is injured there ever waving flags!

lol just kidding looks amazing really does.

LOL

Mate they were cheering until the realised the Air Ambulance was armed !

Its the best I could do for rubber neckers :thumbup:

Oh and trying to include typical British Summer weather for that authentic feel.

I thought about making some "civilian" missions as well. :) I was thinking more of a police helicopter role. When I learned that you couldn't package skins to kick in with the mission I kind of lost interest. Sounds good though, will be interesting.

Oh Man..that is so awesome.. You do skin requests? LOL..

My company's old Bell (sold them a few years back for EC-135s..bummer..)

BeachAV8R

I love the Huey (even before the sim) but i'd imagine they are better in every way right? maybe not the coolness factor. :)

Oh Man..that is so awesome.. You do skin requests? LOL..

My company's old Bell (sold them a few years back for EC-135s..bummer..)

BeachAV8R

You asking me Beach ??? I've only ever attempted 1 skin for DCS and its in this thread lol. Im sure I could have a go though. To be honest once I got the template and figured out the layer thing and the size thing Its kinda easy (well easy as in about 10 goes to get the darn thing to fit the Helo and be the right dimensions).

We use EC135's over here too now, Replaced the ex Bundeswher Anti Tank ! MBB105's

Yeah - a few years back they replaced the Bells with ECs.. The ECs are really cool, but that "whop whop whop" of the old Bells was awesome (particularly the one with the 2 blade versus the 4 blade rotors..)

Here is our EC-135 (one of four of them)..

mca-heli-gallery-001.jpg

BeachAV8R

I thought about making some "civilian" missions as well. :) I was thinking more of a police helicopter role. When I learned that you couldn't package skins to kick in with the mission I kind of lost interest. Sounds good though, will be interesting.

I didnt think of Police missions....but I bet you could come up with some car chase scenarios quite easily. Hmmm got me thinking Now :thumbup:.

As for the skin well if you put the mission out for public use, you could just tag on or point folk in the direction of a skin download ?

Here's one of our 135's

G-HBOB-008.thumb.jpg.179a37a42c0af68892c39a6c5b710d06.jpg

Edited by nickmow

I didnt think of Police missions....but I bet you could come up with some car chase scenarios quite easily. Hmmm got me thinking Now :thumbup:.

As for the skin well if you put the mission out for public use, you could just tag on or point folk in the direction of a skin download ?

Here's one of our 135's

That is true, I've never been one for skins. I normally don't get out of the pit while flying but I can see how people like different skins for immersion reasons. In one of my missions a put a mini car chase, the zone on units work well for that. One thing I did was put a limit on how far you could get from the car once engaged (to simulate losing sight of him and having him bail on foot).

Nice, really looking forward to this !

Being a paramedic I loved it when "back then" when we had to get someone flown out we got "SAR71" (Bundeswehr UH-1D) or after that "Christoph 29" (Ministry of the Interior Bell 212) instead of Christoph 19 or Christoph Hansa with their Bo105s. Nowadays they all use ECs. :(

I still remember the first time I called in a chopper, some 14 or 15 years ago. I expected a Bo105 to come, but then there was that unmistakeble WHOPWHOPWHOP and a quick glance out of the window showed me SAR71 touching down on the narrow crossroads between the houses. I have to admit I was distracted from my patient for a split second :music_whistling:

As it made no difference in ETA of the choopers we could get, my town is somewhat in the middle of their respective stations, I almost never radioed "Send me a chopper" but "Send me SAR71 (or CH29)" , lol. Sometimes it worked.

Here's one of our 135's

Great mission. Just out of interest, are you based at Benson, spent 3 years as a refueller there, on call for the TVP heli. There were rumours that air Ambo, was moving there just as I was forced to move.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yeah Cowboy it's at Benson, The other cab is at Thruxton cover IOW and Hant's and us. I live 10 minutes from Benson and have been coerced into flying but my Road job training baby Paramedics is where Im at, Choppers make me fall asleep riding in the back :smilewink:.

I'd love to go full time Helimed but I fear my passion for aviation would get in the way of doing the medical stuff.... "Adrenaline Stat !.....Oooh look at that we just intercepted the VOR etc etc"

Yeah Cowboy it's at Benson, The other cab is at Thruxton cover IOW and Hant's and us. I live 10 minutes from Benson and have been coerced into flying but my Road job training baby Paramedics is where Im at, Choppers make me fall asleep riding in the back :smilewink:.

I'd love to go full time Helimed but I fear my passion for aviation would get in the way of doing the medical stuff.... "Adrenaline Stat !.....Oooh look at that we just intercepted the VOR etc etc"

Very Jealous, I'm a Reading lad, and would love to be able to move back home. Sadly my last military posting left me stranded in the West Midlands. :(

Benson was by far, the best tour I ever did.

Full time Helimed looks like the perfect job to me. :thumbup: I'm sure if you ask nicely the pilot would shuffle over and let you have the controls, I mean you do have hrs on the Huey. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

For me, it's the opposite: "Hey..what's going on back there..looks like they are hand bagging him and he threw up in the aisle....oh...yeah, we need to intercept that radial.."

:D

BeachAV8R

I love the Huey (even before the sim) but i'd imagine they are better in every way right? maybe not the coolness factor. :)

For certain things - yes. I've heard one of the complaints is that access to the lower extremities of the patients isn't as good as on the bigger Bell models.. But maintenance, warranty, all that stuff is probably much better on a newer platform..

It would be an interesting Q&A for our pilots..

BeachAV8R

looks cool. but we gotta get rid of these door gunners and weapon stuff for this kind of missions

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5