Limited/Max Frame Rates in DCS World.

DPS

Just read the Read Me in the DCS World Config folder. Is it really a no-no to edit the max FPS setting in the lua file?

I've got latest drivers, adjusted settings etc but flying the UH-1 I'm only getting 30 fps looking out to sea, and more like 18 to 24 viewing towns and airports on medium settings. Basic settings only gives me 1 or 2 extra frames, and maximum settings only gives a modest fps hit.

Running Flaming Cliffs 2 on the same graphic settings give me my usual 50 to 60 fps.

Is the graphics cfg limiting my video performance?

Windows 7; 64bit Intel i5-2320 3GHz; 8GB RAM; 2TB HDD; AMD Radeon HD6670 2GB.

Why would it be? I have used and set it to 30 since FC2 orso whit no ill effects that i can tell.

So i'd suggest to just go ahead and try it out. See what happens and if you like it our not.

Quite easy to restore it as it was if you don't like it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

1st I've heard of that. If so, it is something very new. Like 159th Falcon I've been setting my Max FPS to 30 for years with no issues. It's set like that now, no problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

It's not a problem to tweak your frame setting if you want. Just do it in the new autoexec file that is in your saved games folder instead of the .lua.

They did this because everytime the updater or repair exe runs it dumps your modified file into the backup folder and replaces it with a stcok version.

The files inside your saved Game folder are not replaced.

I created the autoexec.cfg as per the Read Me in the Saved Games part of the directory. Doesn't seem to have much effect though: even setting MaxFPS to 2 I'm still seeing the usual 18 to 24 in game. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Got just just the line

options.graphics.maxfps = 30

in the file. Changed 30 to 2 but no change in game from my usual fps.

Tried re-saving the file with various notepad encodings but no luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Got just just the line

options.graphics.maxfps = 30

in the file. Changed 30 to 2 but no change in game from my usual fps.

Tried re-saving the file with various notepad encodings but no luck.

Have you fixed this problem? If not let me know, I may be able to help.